Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Maven needs to get back online. They have just announced they are doing a Valley Girl musical. Is the fact that this announcement came the same week she moves to Burbank a coincidence? I think not!

Maybe she's been busy with auditions :innocent::whistle:

Ha ha! I am back peoples! I got online on Thursday night and unfortunately had to spend all of yesterday catching up on work. Oh, and then there was a mission to IKEA, which I swear is kryptonite for men. They always start freaking out in there, and Bruce was no exception.

So.... what did I miss? :star: On my end, we have moved into our house in Burbank and are busy making it liveable. Until Thursday, we were without any sofa/chairs/seating equipment, and had to eat our meals sitting on the floor. No gas until last Wednesday meant we were mostly unbathed between Saturday (when I say we, I mean him, as I was man enough to take a cold shower). We were basically living off of takeaways until the fridge arrived. And we had possibly THE most horrific Wal-Mart experience of my life, nay, anyone's life when we visited the store in Panorama City on Saturday afternoon. Anyway, we are sloooowly acquiring furniture and waiting for our stuffs to arrive on the moving truck, hopefully next week.

The house is kinda Tardis-like. It looks like a tiny box from the front but inside there are 3 beds, a small bath, large sitting room opening into a dining room and a 1940s era kitchen. Outside is a double garage with a bonus workshop attached for Bruce's car-fettling, and a nice little garden next to it for barbecues. (Yes dev, that does mean that I will be holding a barbecue sometime soon! Bring a chair or something though. :whistle: ) Oh my god, central air, central air! Central air, I love you. The Valley is freakin' hot, though not as hot as Jeraly is in PS.

And today, we were over kickin' it Westside to pick up Bruce's car. Yes, he bought a car already. And because it's him, you know it's a red 1984 Corvette. I cannot get that Prince song out of my head. Anyway, that necessitated me driving back toute seule to Burbank from Culver City as we had driven out there together in the Taurus -- my first solo highway drive, from the 10 to the 405 to the 101. And I did just fine.

I have yet to go back and read the posts from my drunken night with dev and Robin (hoooooo boy. How do you spell, "tossing one's cookies?"), so I don't know what the post-mortem was, but from my side, it was awesome. I can report that those two ladies are wonderful company, and put up with me shrieking "New York, New York" in a microphone and losing my wallet. (Dig this: the thief who took my credit card decided to go crazy at Del Taco to the tune of $16.06. Yep, that was the sum of their fraud in the 12 hours they had it.) And if they're up for another evening sometime soon (NOT on a school night, and NOT with so much gin/vodka/what have you), I am too. And certainly when Poiteen touches down, we SO need to go to Backstage again.

Right, off for a mani/pedi and a trip to Ralph's for some milk. I got a lot of catching up to do on VJ this weekend! Glad to be back everyone; I missed you. (L)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! Welcome back Maven - we missed you too!!!

I feel totally out of things in the middle of the desert - maybe I am the only one insane enough to live here?! As for central air - I am kinda fed up with our whole apartment sounding like it is about to take off :cry: Ohhh for a peaceful night's sleep!!! I swear there must be better systems than what we have but as it is our electricity bill is looking to prevent us from ever having a mortgage or children or even for me to visit the UK ever ever again. It really sucks and it is all so alien to me that I don't know what to do about it :cry:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
Ha ha! I am back peoples! I got online on Thursday night and unfortunately had to spend all of yesterday catching up on work. Oh, and then there was a mission to IKEA, which I swear is kryptonite for men. They always start freaking out in there, and Bruce was no exception.

So.... what did I miss? :star: On my end, we have moved into our house in Burbank and are busy making it liveable. Until Thursday, we were without any sofa/chairs/seating equipment, and had to eat our meals sitting on the floor. No gas until last Wednesday meant we were mostly unbathed between Saturday (when I say we, I mean him, as I was man enough to take a cold shower). We were basically living off of takeaways until the fridge arrived. And we had possibly THE most horrific Wal-Mart experience of my life, nay, anyone's life when we visited the store in Panorama City on Saturday afternoon. Anyway, we are sloooowly acquiring furniture and waiting for our stuffs to arrive on the moving truck, hopefully next week.

The house is kinda Tardis-like. It looks like a tiny box from the front but inside there are 3 beds, a small bath, large sitting room opening into a dining room and a 1940s era kitchen. Outside is a double garage with a bonus workshop attached for Bruce's car-fettling, and a nice little garden next to it for barbecues. (Yes dev, that does mean that I will be holding a barbecue sometime soon! Bring a chair or something though. :whistle: ) Oh my god, central air, central air! Central air, I love you. The Valley is freakin' hot, though not as hot as Jeraly is in PS.

And today, we were over kickin' it Westside to pick up Bruce's car. Yes, he bought a car already. And because it's him, you know it's a red 1984 Corvette. I cannot get that Prince song out of my head. Anyway, that necessitated me driving back toute seule to Burbank from Culver City as we had driven out there together in the Taurus -- my first solo highway drive, from the 10 to the 405 to the 101. And I did just fine.

I have yet to go back and read the posts from my drunken night with dev and Robin (hoooooo boy. How do you spell, "tossing one's cookies?"), so I don't know what the post-mortem was, but from my side, it was awesome. I can report that those two ladies are wonderful company, and put up with me shrieking "New York, New York" in a microphone and losing my wallet. (Dig this: the thief who took my credit card decided to go crazy at Del Taco to the tune of $16.06. Yep, that was the sum of their fraud in the 12 hours they had it.) And if they're up for another evening sometime soon (NOT on a school night, and NOT with so much gin/vodka/what have you), I am too. And certainly when Poiteen touches down, we SO need to go to Backstage again.

Right, off for a mani/pedi and a trip to Ralph's for some milk. I got a lot of catching up to do on VJ this weekend! Glad to be back everyone; I missed you. (L)

Pssst, we go to Target - not Wal-Mart here in LA LA. Those are close too!

Did you really toss your cookies? That Del Taco thing is hilarious. What a tool. Who called you to give it back - I'm so impressed with that!

Let's do it again. :devil: I can do school night as I am 'sensible Dev'. :lol:

A new car already, I'm impressed - that man works fast....

Welcome back to the land of internetz & a BBQ sounds fab. :yes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome back maven! Glad to hear you guys are settling in nicely.

Well, I'll be MIA until the 28th or 29th as we're off to the UK tomorrow for some much needed R & R. Kids are off to camp and we are free to imbibe til our hearts are content. No need to be sensible!

See you guys soon and take care one and all!

Have a nice trip Julez!!

As it stands, I woke up at 6.30am to a huge thunderstorm, get the cat in and try and get things in from outside when I get a call from the bedroom - our roof is leaking. Like we need any more to deal with on top of the humungous pile of ####### life has already dealt us?!

So I take the bag out of the kitchen bin, gather the bucket that was collecting water from the leaky aircon unit in the living room and a number of other receptacles and run into the bedroom.

Current situation:

The bed has been pulled up to the closet and my nightstand has been pulled aside to the back door. My lamp is drying on the bed, as is my reading book and bank stuff. Behind the bed looks a little like the washing up scene from Fantasia, with pots and pans everywhere catching water...

I was going to clean today :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

That sucks, Aly. :( The first few months in any new place are always pretty fraught, as you learn all the kinks. But a storm in PS sounds pretty bad -- ground must be so dry there everything's slippery.

Julez -- enjoy yourself! Good time of the year to visit.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Haha - well after having a breakdown I went into work with Jeremy - it was all I could do in the end because I was just so upset. It has just been one thing after another - from all the money/bank problems to the gas getting cut off to the roof leaking... I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back - I was crying because I have mossie bites as well so I think it all just got a bit too much for me!!!

Maven - I hope you're right!! I know I wasn't expecting to move and to have everything fall into place and be perfect but I wasn't expecting the ton of ####### we have had to deal with!! Part of me feels that had Jeremy been better organised... (gas :whistle: )

But we just have to make the best of a bad situation - I just hope it picks up soon cause it is driving me nuts!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Off Topic is over there. :wacko:

Edited by eric&gen

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

eric...............

thpinkbug.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

eric...............

thpinkbug.gif

Gay bug is watching me.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Afternoon United Kingdom :)

Been in Chicago 6 weeks now. Starting to feel settled now.

Once I'm able to get a job with my own routine I'll feel so much more at home. It was nice the first few weeks not being able to work. Now its getting old, sitting at home every day. Though today I'm going to the Chicago history museum free day.

No probs opening a bank account with Bank of America. But somehow the debit card has been lost in the post, so I'm waiting for that to arrive.

Found real heinz tomato soup yesterday at Jewel, so that's lifted the spirits. :D Looking forward to geeking out to the new X Files movie on Friday, then Lollapalooza music fest in a couple weeks.

Hope everybody who's moved to the states recently has settled in well.

Nicky

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.