Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

The dreadmill! I'll have to use that.

I got called for jury duty in Michigan and had to do a slip and fall case for some lady who was suing the city because she slipped on some ice. The urge to go and shake her and shout "you live in michigan - it gets icy in the winter!" was overwhelming.

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The dreadmill! I'll have to use that.

I got called for jury duty in Michigan and had to do a slip and fall case for some lady who was suing the city because she slipped on some ice. The urge to go and shake her and shout "you live in michigan - it gets icy in the winter!" was overwhelming.

People will sue over anything it seems.

I had a friend who had jury duty in a very strange case. Apparently, there was a lesbian couple that wanted a kid, so they recruited a male friend (who apparently was gay as well) to use his sperm to impregnate one of the women. Well, I guess they went through lawyers and filled out paperwork saying that he was giving up custody, but then I guess after the baby was born he wanted custody and to be paid child support. When that didn't shake (due to the previous legal agreement) he tried to sue them for money for the use of his sperm...or something like that. This was quite a while back my friend was on the jury for this trial so I am probably forgetting some of the details. Anyways, it sure sounded interesting!

wtf-picard.jpg

:lol: I can imagine... I mean we said my gran should sue when she fell and broke her wrist and foot - but then she did trip over a pole that had been cut off but there was two inches left sticking out of the ground and she didn't see it :o Being the stubborn person she is, she continued to walk to the hairdressers to have her hair done (on her broken ankle) and insisted that her hair be done before being taken to hospital as she didn't want to look a state!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

33?! If only!!! Hahaha!! It's like... (checks the weather) 39c here right now and it is just after 11am!! 33 sounds quite pleasant :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well it's raining her in Cambridgeshire and the average temp is showing 15c. Feels a lot colder than that. I wouldn't mind but I wish the UK would makes its mind up about what weather it's going to have. This is why I can't wait to go to Alabama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I got called in for stupid $^@&@$(^@$&^!%# jury duty today - and have to report by 7:30 AM. I have ot leave my house by 6:15.

It's not right. :ranting:

ahhh civic duty!

i never get selected. i should sue!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Maven needs to get back online. They have just announced they are doing a Valley Girl musical. Is the fact that this announcement came the same week she moves to Burbank a coincidence? I think not!

Maybe she's been busy with auditions :innocent::whistle:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline

Well, I sat there & they called one panel but not me. They called one for people who could sit for 40 days. 4 people they called - all said yes. #######? Who would want to??? For $15 a day + .34 a mile (one way)..... :no:

So I sat from 7:30 til 11:45, for a break til 1:30 & came back only to be dismissed! I had 3 coffees & read a book. Then at lunch I went to MOCA (Contemporary art museum) which is full of ####### ####### #######.

Turns out K-Fed was there today for custody #######. :lol: (There was a lot of news vans outside)

So you didn't miss much then :lol:

It's reallllllly humid here today... 72% - due thunderstorms and flash floods in the desert... fun fun... Knew something was up when I stepped outside this morning and could barely breathe - the air is so full of water that standing still even at 7.30am was making me sweat like a pig. And it's only 29c at the moment as well... hopefully the heat of the day will burn off some of the moisture in the air :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline
So you didn't miss much then :lol:

It's reallllllly humid here today... 72% - due thunderstorms and flash floods in the desert... fun fun... Knew something was up when I stepped outside this morning and could barely breathe - the air is so full of water that standing still even at 7.30am was making me sweat like a pig. And it's only 29c at the moment as well... hopefully the heat of the day will burn off some of the moisture in the air :unsure:

76% here - it's gross! But nothing compared to Ohio in summer - that get to like 95%. Nasty!

Gray too, dunno if it will burn off today....

Oh we have blue skies and sunshine here... It's dropped to 55% and is only 33c but feels like 38 apparently :wacko:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.