~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes hot as hades in my office too. I feel like I'm sweating constantly...at least it helps me lose weight :-p

Well I finally signed up for the Chicago Half-Marathon this September, and my hard-core training starts next week. Looking forward to it, but at the same time it will be a lot of hard work. At least I've enlisted Nicky to be my coach on some of my workouts where he times me :-)

wtf-picard.jpg

Morning all, time for coffee and toast. Boxes being picked up in an hour, and our cable, internet and phone being cut off soon too. So see you all in a few days!!

xxxx

Have fun!! Try and sneak a coffee table into your stuff to be shipped so if it all turns up here... :D

Visa just arrived!

I've got a feeling this has been asked before but my head is all over the place at the moment, trying to throw everything into cardboard boxes. Do I need to take this enormous x-ray in my hand luggage? I don't think it'd fit in my bag without bending.

I took mine folded in half just in case cause I preferred to have it and not get asked for it than the other way around :lol: I didn't get asked for mine ;)

Yes hot as hades in my office too. I feel like I'm sweating constantly...at least it helps me lose weight :-p

Well I finally signed up for the Chicago Half-Marathon this September, and my hard-core training starts next week. Looking forward to it, but at the same time it will be a lot of hard work. At least I've enlisted Nicky to be my coach on some of my workouts where he times me :-)

I can't imagine even contemplating running in this weather :blink: Swimming is ok though :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmm, ok! Perhaps I'll kinda roll it around the inside edge of the hand luggage so it's not proper bent, per se.

Just booked my flight for next Thursday. Sorry for the running commentary, excited! ><

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Hahaha - I bet the next week will drag! I know it seemed to take forzever while I was waiting then when it was there it seemed like it had all happened so fast - I still can't quite believe that I made it here... it's crazy!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just been out having the last meal!!! Fancy sausages and mash for me :star: Went on the London eye for the first time, and pretty much caught the dusk setting in around 9. I have to admit, I got a bit weepy for the first time. :blush: Wandered along the south bank, watched some mad outdoor performance put on by the national theatre, but outside it, got a big red bus home.

Now have to do washing up, and will have to do some hoovering and cleaning either tonight or tomorrow. But by noon, gotta be on the way to Stanstead. xxx

P.S. Thank you so much Aly for saving my bacon. xxx

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
Just been out having the last meal!!! Fancy sausages and mash for me :star: Went on the London eye for the first time, and pretty much caught the dusk setting in around 9. I have to admit, I got a bit weepy for the first time. :blush: Wandered along the south bank, watched some mad outdoor performance put on by the national theatre, but outside it, got a big red bus home.

Now have to do washing up, and will have to do some hoovering and cleaning either tonight or tomorrow. But by noon, gotta be on the way to Stanstead. xxx

P.S. Thank you so much Aly for saving my bacon. xxx

I miss London!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Aww hun - weepy is.. ok it's not normal... I figured I was normal with the mass hysteria that set in about two weeks (and then some) prior to my move :lol:

And you don't want me to save bacon for you - they only get the fake streaky stuff here :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I feel ill stupid MMR Jab. Good luck Poiteen

21-01-08 Found Sponsor UIL

12-02-08 Requested Affadavits of Bona Fide marriage from freinds

04-03-08 1st affadavit received

07-03-08 2nd Affadavit received

11-03-083rd Affadavit received

12-03-08 Our affadavit notarised

13-03-08 I-130 Posted DCF london Embassy

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

04-04-08 Credit Card Billed NOA1

05-04-08 Email received confirming File date 4th of April

09-04-08 Evidence received back along with Affidavit of bona-fide marriage

21-04-08 Applied for Police certificate from the Gardaí

31-05-08 Received Police Clearance from the Gardai

19-06-08 1400hrs sent application for Police clearance certs ACRO

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

20-06-08 Received phone call asking for copies of bills and passport

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

09-07-08 NOA2 Received :)109 Days from filing

11-07-08 Packet 3 Received

14-07-08 Posted DS-230 waiting on Birth Certificate (long)

11-08-08 Visa Interview APPROVED

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

05-12-08 Arrive in Twin Cities (Provisional)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good friday morning everyone! :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I've been called for jury duty 3 time so far! I never get picked though. Its either been insurance cases, which I previously worked in insurance and one was an arson case ans since my dad is a retired fire fighter they said I'd know too much about fire. I always enjoy getting away from work for a few days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jury duty would be interesting if it wasn't such a pain in the butt with work and compensation.

I tend to run either early in the morning or in the evening when it isn't so blazin' hot. If not my workplace has a gym in the basement and I'll just run on the dreadmill or eliptical for a while...it's not much better as it isn't terribly well ventilated but at least I'm out of the direct sun.

Most 5K races are fun...there is an Elvis is Alive! 5K coming up here soon, where people dress as young fit/old fat Elvis or Priscilla.

wtf-picard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.