Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Ack - well that is my sorting done for the day at 10.30am... huge bug just jumped out at me from one of the boxes so I screamed, climbed onto the back of the sofa and freaked. The cat walked calmly in at my shriek so I grabbed the broom and tried to poke around to see if I could make the bug move so she could catch it but I couldn't find where it had gone. So thank goodness for wifi - I am now on the bed in the bedroom where evil bugs can't get me after calling Jeremy at work in tears.

I used to be fine with bugs back home but here... *shudders* He kindly said that we can go through the boxes together. Of course when the bug jumps out I will still scream but at least he can rescue me and get the dang thing outside... that is if we find it - if we don't then I don't know what I will do...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I don't know much about Charlotte, but NC is really nice and cheap cost of living. Well, much cheaper than MA anyway. My brother moved to Spartanburg, SC and is really enjoying it.

NC is currently at the top of the list. Las Vegas and Austin, TX are being considered too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

second last day at work :dance:

Sorry to hear about your bug problems Aly. You gotta just slug your wine and stamp on it though. There's more where that one came from :lol:

Is tonight the night for the LA meet up? I want the drunken posting we were promised before. I know your blackberrys work :lol:

English Muffin, it probably doesn't help, but of the 15 states I've travelled through, Oregon and Washington state were probably my favourites for scenery and cost of living combo

The UK Wiki

Timeline
English Muffin, it probably doesn't help, but of the 15 states I've travelled through, Oregon and Washington state were probably my favourites for scenery and cost of living combo

Thanks for the suggestion Poiteen, I shall add them to list for researching. :D

Do these States get very cold in winter?

Yeah - I just don't do stamping on bugs though - I am too soft :unsure: Besides - I was only wearing socks so that could be messy... there must be some kinda giant bug deterrent or something... they just creep me out - maybe I'll get used to them in time - we've had three of the buggers since I got here - I am trying to figure out where they get in... Hrmph

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
second last day at work :dance:

The Oregon scenery especially in the Columbia River Gorge, the mountains and along the coast are one of this countries best kept secrets.

3.5 million people living in a State the size of England and they moan it is getting crowded.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

Thanks for the suggestion Poiteen, I shall add them to list for researching. :D

Do these States get very cold in winter?

The climate in this part of Oregon is very much like England. Bit hotter in summer and a bit colder in winter. Rains from October'ish to April/May and then normal get dry summers. That is in the Willamette Valley. If you go to eastern Oregon then it is much colder in winter and much hotter in summer.

When it does rain it more often then not isn't a heavy rain.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline
The climate in this part of Oregon is very much like England. Bit hotter in summer and a bit colder in winter. Rains from October'ish to April/May and then normal get dry summers. That is in the Willamette Valley. If you go to eastern Oregon then it is much colder in winter and much hotter in summer.

When it does rain it more often then not isn't a heavy rain.

Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

Is tonight the night for the LA meet up? I want the drunken posting we were promised before. I know your blackberrys work :lol:

Yes -- I'll charge up the blackberry and take some piccies too! :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Here's a little help for you:

Alabama (AL), Alaska (AK), Arizona (AZ), Arkansas (AR), California (CA), Colorado (CO), Connecticut (CT), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Idaho (ID), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Iowa (IA), Kansas (KS), Kentucky (KY), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Maryland (MD), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan(MI), Minnesota (MN), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), Montana (MT), Nebraska (NE), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), New Mexico (NM), New York (NY), North Carolina (NC), North Dakota (ND), Ohio (OH), Oklahoma (OK), Oregon (OR), Pennsylvania (PA), Rhode Island (RI), South Carolina (SC), South Dakota (SD), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Vermont (VT), Virginia (VA) , Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wisconsin (WI), Wyoming (WY)

:lol:

How would we have been able to make a decision without your help Krikit? :P:D

I would cross off North Dakota, Kansas (besides the Democratic Republic of Lawrence), and Wyoming. That's just my opinion of course :whistle:

Here's a little help for you:

Alabama (AL), Alaska (AK), Arizona (AZ), Arkansas (AR), California (CA), Colorado (CO), Connecticut (CT), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Idaho (ID), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Iowa (IA), Kansas (KS), Kentucky (KY), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Maryland (MD), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan(MI), Minnesota (MN), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), Montana (MT), Nebraska (NE), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), New Mexico (NM), New York (NY), North Carolina (NC), North Dakota (ND), Ohio (OH), Oklahoma (OK), Oregon (OR), Pennsylvania (PA), Rhode Island (RI), South Carolina (SC), South Dakota (SD), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Vermont (VT), Virginia (VA) , Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wisconsin (WI), Wyoming (WY)

:lol:

How would we have been able to make a decision without your help Krikit? :P:D

I would cross off North Dakota, Kansas (besides the Democratic Republic of Lawrence), and Wyoming. That's just my opinion of course :whistle:

Well, if the cold is the problem in MA then we can safely eliminate MI, ME, NH, VT, OH, NY, NJ, IN, IL, WI, SD, MO, MT, KY, IO and NE as well!

Hey...lay off the NE :P Well, basically I should say just live in Omaha...not much else to the rest of the state!

wtf-picard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.