• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Good luck with the move julez - it sounds very exciting

Can one develop late-onset dyslexia?

Oh.... and good luck on your movie, Julez!

My movie? No time for a career change at the moment! I'll leave the showbiz stuff to all my fellow UK VJers out in LA! :lol:

But seriously, thanks Krikit and Robin! I am so excited to move! :D

Good luck Julez.

I had 11 vials of blood drawn today - how is that legal? And has THREE sticks to find a vein. :(

Do you get to keep one to give to your OH like Angelina Jolie? :-p

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

We're still not quite ready to put our house on the weekend, but since we've a long weekend upon us,

You are just thinking about all the weekends, eh? :P:D

I had 11 vials of blood drawn today - how is that legal? And has THREE sticks to find a vein. :(

That´s a lot! They took 8 vials out of me and I thought thaaat was a lot :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning uk peeps.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'M HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omigod - it's been such a nightmare!! We were expecting the net set up the day after we got here (so like the 1st July) between 7.30 and 9.30am - by 10.30am no-one had shown so Jeremy called and found out that they couldn't set up new accounts online (thanks for telling us :angry: ) and also because the last people who lived here hadn't cancelled their account, we needed to fax them proof that we lived here :angry:

Of course, by the time all this was sorted out, the earliest we could get someone out was Thursday between 12 and 6pm and they turned up at 5.30. At that point I had so much to catch up on I figured I just couldn't settle into being online so left it til today...

Thing is we don't have wireless set up yet and the puter is in the room with no furniture so this is really uncomfortable to type on right now :(

Ok - I haven't done my POE review yet - I will add it to my profile in due course - anyone who wants to find out how my cat got on though can read the sticky pet thread in the UK forum :D She's here and fine now :)

I freaked out totally the last couple of days in the UK. The plane journey I was kinda up and down - sometimes I would be excited and others I would be really sad and cry a lot - I am soooo glad Jeremy was there :)

I'm still finding my feet - we bought our bedroom furniture (check out my photos to see :D) which has helped a lot as it feels like at least one room is homey. The heat is... interesting... it gets up to about 120 in the day to the point that we were out in 104 one evening and I thought it was just pleasantly "warm" :lol: I've been trying to keep my fluids up but that meant that going out last night I ballooned through water retention..., nice :( The aircon is good enough that I am feeling cold (at 80 degrees or so) but when the heat of the day comes then it gets a little too warm inside.

I am the cleanest I have ever been - I have to take at least two showers a day just to stay sane because it is so hot :lol: And in the mornings at about 7am I have to clean my teeth with warm water. Better than waiting til later on though because then the cold water tap runs hotter than the hot water tap - go figure :lol:

But yeah - I'm here, I'm coping, I'm not being too hard on myself when I have my freak-out moments and Jeremy is being very patient with me (although I still don't have my own keys :angry: ) I'm not expecting miracles right away but it is going well so far. The hardest was talking to mum a couple of days ago because she is finding it really really hard and that makes me feel terrible. She isnt trying to make me feel bad but it has hit her a lot harder than she expected - she doesn't know what to buy when she gets her groceries, she gets home and it is quiet and there is noone to talk to - it's difficult knowing that she is having a hard time - for her it is just like there is a big gap - for me, my whole life has changed to be with the person I love so it is kinda like a swap - I give up things I love but I gain some as well. For mum, she just had something taken away from her and she gets to try and live with that - I know she will be fine, she is a very strong woman but it does make me feel bad :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Hmmm - piccies too big and can't be bothered to resize yet... lemme find it online if I can...

Savannah_Collection.jpg

We got lamps from Walmart as well so they are slightly different...

Oh - and a PS3 80gb :dance: :dance: :dance:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good to hear from you Aly! Try not to worry too much about your Mum, it's not like you were likely to live at home for the rest of your life anyway, so she would have had to make the adjustment to you not being there at some point... give it a week or two and she'll start filling the gap. Saying that, I know I will feel just the same about leaving my Mum when it comes down to it.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

hmmm, I'm at work, but I'm the only one here, was taken out for lovely lunch with glass of wine, and now feeling pretty lazy.

Is it bad that I don't really feel like going home? I've got my work done, and I'm just messing on the internet, and feeling a bit buzzed. I love the summer.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.