Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I'm here! I've been venting my shipping woes!!

Maven - when will you be passing through Palm Springs again? I'll look out for somewhere nice to eat out or something :)

Not sure... The route may change a little. I'll PM you my cell phone number.

Off in a few minutes. My aunt just stopped by with a homemade chocolate cake for our journey. Yay! First stop: Hagerstown, MD here we come! :star:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It's like a ghost town in here lately...

Where are my UK peeps?

I'm actually trying to get some work done here at work! Its what I'm paid to do. Just got handed a stack of investigations that are due the end of next week, and I only work 3 days next week! UGH!

bollocks! :P

It's like a ghost town in here lately...

Where are my UK peeps?

Well, I for one am freaking EXHAUSTED. We set out in about 9 hours. Tonight we went for a long walk and talked and talked about how much we are going to miss it here and all the friends we've made. New Haven is and always will be home for me, but now it's become something of a hometown for Bruce too.

I'll miss you, my beautiful Elm City. :(

Safe travels, Maven.

See you for margaritas in a few weeks! :dance:

I've got moving fatigue. I'm sick of worrying about it. I just want to go and do it.

Is Oakwood going to work out for you?

I've got moving fatigue. I'm sick of worrying about it. I just want to go and do it.

Tell me about it - Pickfords called through with a quote of £458 based on 36cuft after the £1k fiasco yesterday - so now I am seeing if John Mason can match that...

I just can't wait til it is all over. Not only that but I wanted to get my cat a rabies shot this morning just in case and you think she would come in from outside!? Means that now on Monday (yes - the day I move) I have to go to the bank to close my account (so I get my interest for the month) AND take my cat to the vet - at least by doing that though she will be in her carrier ready for the flight.

And we've just set up the room for our UK reception which is tonight :)

enjoy your party!!!

Yay! Safe journey Maven - I hope Bruce is driving so you get to look out the window and take lots of piccies - you can make a scrapblog of your travels :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oakwood works out at about $2600 per month, so, for that money, we would be better off just staying in a hotel for a week or two, and finding somewhere longer term. Sigh.

Found a place downtown that might be what we're looking for, but seriously considering just getting a normal rental straight away, and just dealing with it.

Which brings me to my next question, what normally happens if you want to move before you're lease is up? I think here, so long as you give adequate notice, it's fine. But in the US??? Do you lose your deposit?

The UK Wiki

Oakwood works out at about $2600 per month, so, for that money, we would be better off just staying in a hotel for a week or two, and finding somewhere longer term. Sigh.

Found a place downtown that might be what we're looking for, but seriously considering just getting a normal rental straight away, and just dealing with it.

Which brings me to my next question, what normally happens if you want to move before you're lease is up? I think here, so long as you give adequate notice, it's fine. But in the US??? Do you lose your deposit?

Usually.

I'd get a hotel for a week or 2 - then find a Craigslist sublet if you can.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

If you have your medical on the same day as the interview and assuming all things being equal, does anyone reckon it's safe to book a flight for 2 weeks after the day of the interview?

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

If you have your medical on the same day as the interview and assuming all things being equal, does anyone reckon it's safe to book a flight for 2 weeks after the day of the interview?

Stu

We had the medical the day before the interview - you will probably be fine but MAY be cutting it close, as it took us 12 days to get the visa after the interview. For piece of mind, I would probably book one that can be changed.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Stu

My husband had his same day too, on a Monday, and the visa/passport arrived the following Tuesday. However, the timing can really vary and summer tends to be pretty slow at the embassy. You might want to wait until you have it in hand, or like Robin suggested, book a ticket that can be changed.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmm. OK, cheers for the heads up :)

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Woo hoo! We're here at the Super 8 in Hagerstown. Took about 5 hours overall. The air con died at the NY border so I'm going to have it recharged tomorrow morning. Hit a humungous thunderstorm in Pennsylvania, but I was just fine, despite my fears.

Poiteen -- I think dev's idea to motel it then do a sublet makes more sense than renting some place sight unseen. This is such a palaver, isn't it, all this moving?

Jeraly -- scrapblog, hmmm? Interesting. I've been following your shipping woes. Is it sorted yet?

Dev and Robin -- drinkies soon!!! :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Woo hoo! We're here at the Super 8 in Hagerstown. Took about 5 hours overall. The air con died at the NY border so I'm going to have it recharged tomorrow morning. Hit a humungous thunderstorm in Pennsylvania, but I was just fine, despite my fears.

Poiteen -- I think dev's idea to motel it then do a sublet makes more sense than renting some place sight unseen. This is such a palaver, isn't it, all this moving?

Jeraly -- scrapblog, hmmm? Interesting. I've been following your shipping woes. Is it sorted yet?

Dev and Robin -- drinkies soon!!! :dance:

I'm so pumped! :thumbs:

I still haven't uploaded our pics form our road trip - last Feb! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.