Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I'm not in the union yet, so I gotta get non union work first... does that make me a scab :huh:

only if you cross the picket line. ARe editors members of the IATSE? No one care about them anyway (heavy saracasm)

edit: are you a member of the UK guild?

Yup, Local 700 I believe. We don't really have such a strong union here in the UK. There used to be one, but it doesn't have any power anymore. So, no, not a member.

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Lucozade is going to have its formula changed because it contains sodium benzoate? I had one sad, sad husband last night when my mom said she'd heard something about it. :crying:

can't find anything about it on the internets. never did understand the appeal of lucozade myself :blush:

I am so sick of shipping companies - they just get more and more expensive and I am at my wit's end. PLUS I can't even get into my e-mail to try and sort things out.

But I thought you had booked it already?

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - I've been trying to get a quote that I can afford and it doesn't seem that it is possible. I am so fed up - I movee in four days and this is the last thing I need - now I have half full boxes all over as I try and figure out what to throw away and I just can't take anymore

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Owel - panic kinda over - I got super stressed then went back over all my other shipping companies and tried to get revised quotes and clarification of details.

Turns out that John Mason are my guys - they were the first to call me on Monday morning and their correspondence and help has been excellent. Quote is £595 door to door although insurance is on top but at this point I don't care anymore!! Roll on normality ><

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If the cake smashing was helping fertility, it would have been great :) But fertility clinics don´t seem to be going out of business. :unsure: We have many wedding traditions in cz, that show that the couple should take care of each other but luckily cake smashing isn´t one of them. I think doing something like that to each other on purpose isn´t a big proof of taking care of one another :P

Like the kolache toss? :-p

My parents has their reception in an old ZCBJ hall. As for traditions, tell me more about them as my grandpa's parents came over from Bohemia...it seems that over time the old ways get lost.

SA00-011-Tabor-Hall.jpg

Tabor Lodge 74, located near Dorchester in Saline County Nebraska was organized on October 8, 1899, with fourteen charter members. The Zapadni Cesko Bratrske Jednota (Z.C.B.J.) or Western Bohemian Fraternal Association was an outgrowth of the Czech Freethinking movement, which began in Bohemia (a province in the presentday Czech Republic) in the mid-nineteenth century. The Freethinkers broke away from organized religion and promoted liberalism and strong national and democratic views. As a fraternal organization, the Z.C.B.J. lodges provided security and ethnic solidarity for Czech immigrants in America. The Z.C.B.J. lodges have been primary conservators of Czech heritage. Tabor Hall was constructed in 1914, with a large dance pavilion added in 1934.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

GGGRRRRrrrrr!!!! Archstone is not what I thought at all. It's just a normal apartment deal, with flexible leases. They aren't furnished or come with bills. Their ads on Craigslist and their website are very misleading.

Pi$$ed off. Thought I had figured it out. Back to drawing board. -_-

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
GGGRRRRrrrrr!!!! Archstone is not what I thought at all. It's just a normal apartment deal, with flexible leases. They aren't furnished or come with bills. Their ads on Craigslist and their website are very misleading.

Pi$$ed off. Thought I had figured it out. Back to drawing board. -_-

Oakwood is thougH!

http://www.oakwood.com/

It's like a ghost town in here lately...

Where are my UK peeps?

Well, I for one am freaking EXHAUSTED. We set out in about 9 hours. Tonight we went for a long walk and talked and talked about how much we are going to miss it here and all the friends we've made. New Haven is and always will be home for me, but now it's become something of a hometown for Bruce too.

I'll miss you, my beautiful Elm City. :(

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I'm here! I've been venting my shipping woes!!

Maven - when will you be passing through Palm Springs again? I'll look out for somewhere nice to eat out or something :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
It's like a ghost town in here lately...

Where are my UK peeps?

I'm actually trying to get some work done here at work! Its what I'm paid to do. Just got handed a stack of investigations that are due the end of next week, and I only work 3 days next week! UGH!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. hope everyone has a good friday.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank goodness it's friday! *sighs and flops over the desk*

My future mother-in-law seems bent on interfering (with the best intentions) with my plans for a quiet and simple wedding ceremony... I have the horrible feeling that this could all spiral out of control if I'm not very careful *sighs* She just can't seem to get her head around the idea that I don't want a lot of fuss.

Mark moves into the new apartment next weekend and is super-stressed with work and organising things... so he's a grumpy wretch to deal with at the moment too.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Timeline

awww, stay strong Hannah! My family didn't understand at all when I didn't want a big deal made. My sister would call me up and act all sad and hurt. But I am so glad that I stood my ground. Every wedding I have personal contact with starts off manageable and then spirals out of all control.

New apartment... I'm jealous -_-

The UK Wiki

I've got moving fatigue. I'm sick of worrying about it. I just want to go and do it.

Tell me about it - Pickfords called through with a quote of £458 based on 36cuft after the £1k fiasco yesterday - so now I am seeing if John Mason can match that...

I just can't wait til it is all over. Not only that but I wanted to get my cat a rabies shot this morning just in case and you think she would come in from outside!? Means that now on Monday (yes - the day I move) I have to go to the bank to close my account (so I get my interest for the month) AND take my cat to the vet - at least by doing that though she will be in her carrier ready for the flight.

And we've just set up the room for our UK reception which is tonight :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.