Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

a famous one i hear! Yeah, I'll give them a call later and see what their rates are these days.

I also really like the idea of having everying sorted when we get there, so I can concentrate on job hunting straight away, rather than getting distracted furnishing an apartment etc.

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday Maven!! And awesome cake - looks soooo yummy :D

We kept the top (chocolate and in the freezer now) tier for our first anniversary... Mmmmm :D

Poiteen - we used apartmenthunterz.com - I think you have to pay something to use them but they have *tons* of stuff on there - might be worth checking out? It's how we found our apartment :luv:

OMG JEREMY IS GOING TO BE HERE IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Happy birthday Maven!! And awesome cake - looks soooo yummy :D

We kept the top (chocolate and in the freezer now) tier for our first anniversary... Mmmmm :D

Poiteen - we used apartmenthunterz.com - I think you have to pay something to use them but they have *tons* of stuff on there - might be worth checking out? It's how we found our apartment :luv:

OMG JEREMY IS GOING TO BE HERE IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!

You have more fortitude than I do...I was asked if I wanted to keep the top tier and I said no. To be honest I'd likely have the late night munchies and it would be consumed well before the first anniversary :-p

wtf-picard.jpg

a famous one i hear! Yeah, I'll give them a call later and see what their rates are these days.

I also really like the idea of having everying sorted when we get there, so I can concentrate on job hunting straight away, rather than getting distracted furnishing an apartment etc.

Yes - where young Hollywood goes to die, I mean try to become the next Dakota Fanning/Dina Lohan

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I had a fit when I turned 35 and I realized that advertisers and television executives were not longer trying to appeal to me. I still plan to

I had a fit the first (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th) time I was called Ma'am. :angry:

thanks!! Actually I'd just found Oakwood! They don't have any prices on their website, but that's the great thing about the time difference. It's still business hours there when I get home, so I'll give them a call tonight.

I thought about the sublet, but I'd prefer somewhere that I could extend the lease if we had to. We'll see. I'll keep an eye on Craigslist anyway, never know what will crop up.

Try googling executive rentals. Realtors usually have rental properties on file too. The Marriott has the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites.... like a home away from home.... but I can't remember how to access their long term stay prices.

Good luck! Let us know where you end up!

iagree.gif

You have more fortitude than I do...I was asked if I wanted to keep the top tier and I said no. To be honest I'd likely have the late night munchies and it would be consumed well before the first anniversary :-p

:lol: Nah - I think I would kill anyone who touched it... As it stands I am going to fight Jeremy so I have an unfair (in my favour) half :lol:

I had a fit when I turned 35 and I realized that advertisers and television executives were not longer trying to appeal to me. I still plan to

I had a fit the first (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th) time I was called Ma'am. :angry:

Hehe - I freaked when I was called a "Lady" - to me I am still a girl :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Have a good weekend everybody & goodluck to all those with interviews coming. I leave for Chicago on Tuesday, via Dublin which will be my POE. So I will post my experience of that. I lose net access tomorrow morning. So yeah have a good one everybody!

Can't believe we're finally here. I arrive in Chicago Wednesday, a year to the day of our NOA1.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Happy Birthday Maven!

Doing anything special for your day?

Today involved going down to the beach for a lobster roll and some cole slaw. It was overcast but mild and nobody was there! Bruce won me two stuffed animals from one of those "put quarter in, move the claw, and maybe win a plush toy" machines. Then we ambled about a bit. Went on a shopping expedition to look at satellite radios. I'm thinking about getting one for the Taurus. Tonight Bruce, my parents and I are going out for Thai, and tomorrow is the cheese extravaganza! A happy birthday so far.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Poiteen -- I hope you're not abandoning our Silver Lake/Los Feliz compound!

We decided to stay in a motel for a couple of weeks until we find a place to live. We're all signed up to westssiderentals.com -- practically a monopoly in LA, from what I understand. You might think about having a look there.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maven - I'm still hoping to be living the Los Feliz / Silverlake area, but both of us want to try to get work sorted as quick as possible, and really only then can we decide for sure, exactly where we should live. Also we have limited savings to do this whole move on, so I would prefer to wait to have to buy furniture etc, till we have an income. In the same way, until we have jobs, we won't even know what our budget for the apartment rental is. So even though the monthly rental will probably be more expensive, it would be worth it to have everything taken care of :blush:

Thanks to Robin and Dev for helping a soon to be LA noob :hehe:

Julez - love your new name :star:

Aly, you get some VJ cheerleaders for the very short countdown that's left :dance::dance::dance::dance:

The UK Wiki

henc :lol:

the '65' is the first thing I saw :lol:

That cake is lovely :D But I didn´t know what those letters on top were first :P I thought it was GS so I thought it was someone´s initials :P

so - I'm finishing work on July 15th yayayyayayay. So happy and relieved.

Now got to book flights, London to Ireland, Ireland to Miami and Miami to LAX. Whooooo hooooo

Incidentally, do any of the LA people know of any short term let apartments? We would like to have a place for the first 2 or 3 months while we get jobs etc sorted out. We figure till we get jobs, we won't really know where we want to live in the longer term. I've found these people but they're pretty expensive, and don't have loads of availability. Anyone got any good recommendations.

You are finishing earlier than I thought you would :D Good for you :D:dance::dance::dance: I´m sorry I don´t know much about the apartments but if you can´t find anything, you can try the Extended Stay hotel chain (I think that´s what it´s called). When you stay for an extended period of time you can get some pretty good bargains :)

You can have your wedding cake made again for your first anniversary then :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.