Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mmm I really need to keep closer tabs on this thread... but in brief, love the idea of a linked faq, congratulations to various people and the wedding pics look fab, deep breaths Debs it will all be awesome, and with regards to british summer... you blinked and missed it *laughing*

As for me, I've returned Packet 3 today, booked the medical appt for later in June, and Mark has put a deposit on an apartment for us which he plans to move in to in July - and yes I've already given him a layout plan for everything based on the floor plan :whistle:

Plus, am really really really glad am only having uber small wedding (30 people) with an informal reception at his parents place. I totally could not deal with having to organise anything else right now, so full props to all the people who have and are putting in so much work!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi all! After a holiday weekend that had us all felled by an evil flu, I am back to work and ready to relax! :lol:

The good news is, sickness and all, we did manage to find another house, on which we will make an offer today!!

Debz, nice to see you around here and there! Hope it all goes beautifully this Saturday!! I've no doubt it will be a smashing success and then you'll have AOS to fret about!! You put my worrying skills to shame!!! :lol:

Speaking of AOS, Griff was notified that his EAD was approved this Saturday, of all days!! No ability to see how AP is coming along, but he is starting to wrry since we've already booked a trip to the UK for 20 July!

Maven, keep fighting the good fight!! Someone has to be the voice of reason here on VJ! It may as well be you and the reast of us in the UK forum!! :lol:

Well being that i'm beyond hyper now and will be sorely lacking in sleep anytime soon I can't help but share these lyrics. I posted them once before but with all we've all gone through i still think they are very very dead on in their meaning with all that those of us going through this process.

At the Beginning:

We were strangers, starting out on a journey

Never dreaming, what we’d have to go through

Now here we are, I’m suddenly standing

At the beginning with you

No one told me I was going to find you

Unexpected, what you did to my heart

When I lost hope, you were there to remind me

This is the start

And life is a road that I wanna keep going

Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing

Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey

I’ll be there when the world stops turning

I’ll be there when the storm is through

In the end I wanna be standing

We were strangers on a crazy adventure

Never dreaming, how our dreams would come true

Now here we stand, unafraid of the future

Knew there was somebody, somewhere

A new love in the dark

Now I know my dream will live on

I’ve been waiting so long

Nothing’s gonna tear us apart

Yeah

Life is a road that I wanna keep going on

Love is a river, I wanna keep going

Starting out on a journey

Life is a road that I wanna keep going

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

That gave me goosebumps!

Have a wonderful reunion tomorrow with Kris :)

Dawn.

Xx

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

Filed: Timeline
Hi all! After a holiday weekend that had us all felled by an evil flu, I am back to work and ready to relax! :lol:

The good news is, sickness and all, we did manage to find another house, on which we will make an offer today!!

Debz, nice to see you around here and there! Hope it all goes beautifully this Saturday!! I've no doubt it will be a smashing success and then you'll have AOS to fret about!! You put my worrying skills to shame!!! :lol:

Speaking of AOS, Griff was notified that his EAD was approved this Saturday, of all days!! No ability to see how AP is coming along, but he is starting to wrry since we've already booked a trip to the UK for 20 July!

Maven, keep fighting the good fight!! Someone has to be the voice of reason here on VJ! It may as well be you and the reast of us in the UK forum!! :lol:

Ugh. Glad you're feeling better from the flu. Haven't had it since I left Ontario, knock on wood. That's exciting about the house! Pics! Pics!!!

I'm leaving for the UK on July 14th! Are you flying direct from Buffalo or do you have to fly to Chicago or JFK or something, first? Who are you flying with, Julez? Hope you get your AP by then!

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ugh. Glad you're feeling better from the flu. Haven't had it since I left Ontario, knock on wood. That's exciting about the house! Pics! Pics!!!

I'm leaving for the UK on July 14th! Are you flying direct from Buffalo or do you have to fly to Chicago or JFK or something, first? Who are you flying with, Julez? Hope you get your AP by then!

OK, here is the latest home. Fingers crossed that the third is the charm!!

http://hfe.buffaloniagarahomes.com/propert...property_type=1#

The pics don't really do it justice, though I do acknowledge that it needs a bit of fixing up, but at just under 2,000 square feet and the super price, will I complain? NO!!! :lol:

We are flying to Manchester from Buffalo via that armpit of an airport Newark, NJ. I feel pretty confident we'll have Griff's AP by then. Famous last words!!! :P

Timeline

Thanks Robin! Hopefully, this house works out!!

As for Newark, I'm not a huge fan. I usually fly via Philly and I really love that airport. Thankfully, we don't have to spend too much time in Newark! I can't compare to JFK since I have never been there! Can you believe it???

Oh Debz, you are still so busy (F) Wish you could do it all in one day and then relax :)

Marta - if she is anything like me, she would do it all in one day then spend the next ten years worrying that she had done it all too fast and therefore *must* have missed something :lol:

Julez - the new house looks WONDERFUL!! OMG - house envy? It makes our modest apartment (almost ours I should say) look a bit pathetic... But I am soooo in love with Palm Springs so maybe I'll not worry too much :D

And we have a pool

(*coughs* almost)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

Thanks Aly!! Our offer will be presented this evening and I am a wreck! I totally didn't agree with Griff on our offer. I think we are lowballing the guy and don't feel good about it. Hopefully, the guy won't be too offended and will counter with something that we believe to be reasonable.

As for you and your apartment hunt, well, I am sure it will work out! I mean, regardless of your eventual home's size, you will be living in PALM SPRINGS for God's sake!!! :star:

If we get this house, it means we'll have a pool too! Above ground, but what the heck, its still a place to swim right in my own back yard!

I am so joining the Aly-Debz worry-aholic club! :lol:

:lol: Oh dear - we are going to all need group therapy after all this... cocktails in Palm Springs anyone!?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
That new house is lovely! I have house envy.

me too. :crying:

do you not like Newark? I find it infinitely preferable to JFK.

If I ever set foot in EWR again, it is too soon. Am currently trying to book a flight into JFK or LGA but they are far more than EWR. Still, I will pay it - all my friends/business is on the East Side of Manhattan/Brooklyn.

Edited by illumine

do you not like Newark? I find it infinitely preferable to JFK.

If I ever set foot in EWR again, it is too soon.

Ditto. On the one hand, I can get to it by Amtrak, which is handy. On the other hand, getting through security is a nightmare. Why they think having two lanes for screening is appropriate when about 10 international flights leave around the same time is beyond me. I think the longest it ever took me was 4 hours -- I had to be rushed onto the plane.

I am all about flying out of Hartford whenever possible, even if I need to fly via Detroit or Amsterdam.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm popping in to say hello. Can't believe this time next week I'll be getting ready to go to the rehearsal. My so called small wedding has increased from 40 to 70 people due to cousins being offended and 16 year old stroppy sisters wanting to bring the boyfriends they have known for 3 weeks and the cost has gone up by almost $1000. Got the reception sorted today and finally decided on the menu so absolutly no one else can be added. I really need some zinfandel right now. Stress levels are at an all time high. This is all too crazy. Plus this weather better sort itself out for a week on saturday. Had constant thunder since yesterday and half of grand island IS an island as the other half looks somewhat oceanic. GRRRRR.

I miss Nebraska weather :crying::crying::crying: Chicago weather is so boring.

wtf-picard.jpg

Oh, and Julez, may I join in the house envy? *Sigh*

My mom and dad made a very kind offer to us this weekend -- they would buy us a house in LA and then do a quit claim to us, and we would make payments on the mortgage. Then I showed my mom how much a house in WeHo or Silver Lake cost and I think her eyes rolled back in her head! It was a great idea that was always doomed to failure.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.