Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Must...stop...posting... but!

I have developed an itinerary for our road trip to LA in 5 weeks! It goes like this:

June 27 -- New Haven, CT - Hagerstown, MD

June 28 -- Hagerstown - Knoxville, TN

June 29 -- Knoxville - Meridian, MS

June 30 -- Meridian - New Orleans (shorter trip so we can spend more time there!)

July 1 -- New Orleans - Galveston, TX (slightly out of the way to see my uncle Mike)

July 2 -- Galveston - Sonora, TX

July 3 -- Sonora - El Paso (grandma's there)

July 4 -- Another day in El Paso

July 5 -- El Paso - Tucson, AZ

July 6 -- Tucson - Palm Springs, CA (hi Jeraly!)

July 7 -- Palm Springs - Hollywood Econo Lodge!

Woo hoo! And subject to approval by the boy, of course.

Ohhhh Maven I am sooo jealous!!!! But you will *have* to pop in when you hit Palm Springs!! :D We're going to go for that apartment - lemme break-in to Jeremy's e-mail so I can snag the piccies he took ;) It looks kinda dark because there is no electricity at the moment but it looks really clean, if a tad small and is about a mile from main street :D

Anyway - due to random file upload size restrictions, I have created a spangly new link to the piccies for you to peruse ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we did out road trip the best investment we made was a year National parks pass. It lets a car and all it's occupants in, and some give you a discount on accomodation. All those national parks are some of my favourite memories of that summer. :star:

your first 2 days, are covering serious distances!!!

:lol: Yeah - it is a bit of a jaunt, that first few days ;) Like when we drove from Sedona to LA in a day... that was fun :blink: the Mojave gets boring after a while :lol:

And we got the National Park pass as well! We are so going to do that again sometime :)

I vote we have a VJ Road Trip - that would be awesome ;) We can like hire RVs or something :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Yeah, we really wanted to cover no more than 400 miles a day, so some of the cities in the east are fudges at best. I also wanted to spend two days in El Paso to see my aged but sprightly 94-year-old grandmother -- she's never met Bruce, and I think it would be cool to be with family on the 4th. It will be Bruce's first Independence Day! :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Does the guy pictured in the back garden come with the place? :lol:

I think he might be a gnome... :unsure:

Of course - we should ask for a discount as he has no hat - dollar store it is then!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

We're working on the road trip tunes! Knowing Bruce, there will be a LOT of Gordon Lightfoot, the Band and Phil Ochs. Knowing me, there will be mucho 80s tunes, the Smiths and any oldies station I can tune in.

I'd be sure to download city-appropriate tunes for when you arrive in certain towns. I'm thinking stuff like House of the Rising Sun for New Orleans and Galveston by Jimmy Webb and El Paso by the Grateful Dead. It's got to be done!

90day.jpg

Must...stop...posting... but!

I have developed an itinerary for our road trip to LA in 5 weeks! It goes like this:

June 27 -- New Haven, CT - Hagerstown, MD

June 28 -- Hagerstown - Knoxville, TN

June 29 -- Knoxville - Meridian, MS

June 30 -- Meridian - New Orleans (shorter trip so we can spend more time there!)

July 1 -- New Orleans - Galveston, TX (slightly out of the way to see my uncle Mike)

July 2 -- Galveston - Sonora, TX

July 3 -- Sonora - El Paso (grandma's there)

July 4 -- Another day in El Paso

July 5 -- El Paso - Tucson, AZ

July 6 -- Tucson - Palm Springs, CA (hi Jeraly!)

July 7 -- Palm Springs - Hollywood Econo Lodge!

Woo hoo! And subject to approval by the boy, of course.

Ohhhh Maven I am sooo jealous!!!! But you will *have* to pop in when you hit Palm Springs!! :D We're going to go for that apartment - lemme break-in to Jeremy's e-mail so I can snag the piccies he took ;) It looks kinda dark because there is no electricity at the moment but it looks really clean, if a tad small and is about a mile from main street :D

Anyway - due to random file upload size restrictions, I have created a spangly new link to the piccies for you to peruse ;)

Good you got the apartment all sorted. I hope it has reliable air conditioning!

90day.jpg

Also, my other road trip advice is not to book accomodation in advance. It's more fun that way!!! :star:

Yep, we have AAA so we'll just call them up as we get close and have them help us arrange. The only ones pre-booked are Hagerstown and of course, the Econo Lodge.

We're working on the road trip tunes! Knowing Bruce, there will be a LOT of Gordon Lightfoot, the Band and Phil Ochs. Knowing me, there will be mucho 80s tunes, the Smiths and any oldies station I can tune in.

I'd be sure to download city-appropriate tunes for when you arrive in certain towns. I'm thinking stuff like House of the Rising Sun for New Orleans and Galveston by Jimmy Webb and El Paso by the Grateful Dead. It's got to be done!

Great idea!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Also, my other road trip advice is not to book accomodation in advance. It's more fun that way!!! :star:

Yeah - not just that but you end up having to be in certain places at certain times and ohhh - it made an interesting trip but it was pretty stressful at times! The following time we used RoomSaver magazine as our bible :lol:

Does the guy pictured in the back garden come with the place? :lol:

:lol:

Also, LOVE the close up of the toilet. :star:

I know - don't you just love men!? But at least it is clean!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Maybe a thread called UK FAQ, with links to wiki pages containing all the relavent info about the above? So it's easy to find, but can be put in a clear format and interlinked too

Yes, no??? :whistle:

The UK Wiki

Looks great Aly :thumbs:

Loving the way that pools are totally common in Cali :star:

Yeah - it's a communal one, but at least it means we don't have to clean it :D

Maybe a thread called UK FAQ, with links to wiki pages containing all the relavent info about the above? So it's easy to find, but can be put in a clear format and interlinked too

Yes, no??? :whistle:

Sounds good to me but kinda undermines the whole wiki thing... I think... ?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not at all, the wiki is really hit and miss at the mo, it's defo not as comprehensive as the guides, so people just come back to the forums to finds answers anyway. This way there's an obvious link to the wiki from the UK forum.

K well it might take me a while to get around to it. I'm going to Ireland tomorrow till next thursday, and my internet access will be a bit more sporadic than usual.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.