5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Julez -- you crack me up. :luv:

Has anyone ever checked out uglydress.com? Hours of enjoyment await... The classic must be the Pregnant Prom Dress.

:lol: I particularly love the "Tattoos and Skanks" section!!! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I seriously cannot imagine ANY time when it would be appropriate to don that dress!!!

That would be what Stephen Colbert's wife would have worn to their wedding :-p

Before you know it, American flag lapel pins won't be enough to show you are patriotic! Now you'll have to have your wedding dress look like it was made by Betsey Ross!

Btw...as proud to be American as I am, in my experience most of the people I see who wear and US flag paraphenilia (ie jackets, t-shirts, do'rags) are kind of white trash-y. Not always, but it tends to be that way...try walking into a Wal-Mart on a weekend afternoon and see if you agree!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Julez -- you crack me up. :luv:

Has anyone ever checked out uglydress.com? Hours of enjoyment await... The classic must be the Pregnant Prom Dress.

Note that there is even a patriotic prom dress! Do people seriously wear this stuff?

wtf-picard.jpg

Well, the one thing I can say for the patriotic wedding dress is that it is a flattering cut! :lol:

And thank you for directing to my attention to uglydress.com - I'd seen that site before, but not before it was redesigned/updated! I love rediscovering old, amusing sites.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I'm sure no one here watches the country music network but I was flipping last night and came across this show:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/my-big-rednec...ng/series.jhtml

The one I saw there was pig wrestling where guests had a competition to put a t-shirt on a pig. The mind. It boggles.

90day.jpg

Guys - if we were to have four stickied threads, which would you choose?

Am trying to figure out how to get the shipping thread stickied but four sticky threads is the max it seems! Ideas folks?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Am trying to figure out how to get the shipping thread stickied but four sticky threads is the max it seems! Ideas folks?

Only the OP can make the thread sticky. Unless you are admin.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Only the OP can make the thread sticky. Unless you are admin.

Thanks for the insight. I am actually liaising with admin and was just trying to gauge opinion.

So thoughts?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Hmm, could two threads be combined? Say, how to move your pets to the US and shipping in general?

If we were to drop one, I'd choose the medical thread as we don't have a similar stickied interview thread, and the OP is quite old.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I'm sure no one here watches the country music network but I was flipping last night and came across this show:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/my-big-rednec...ng/series.jhtml

The one I saw there was pig wrestling where guests had a competition to put a t-shirt on a pig. The mind. It boggles.

One of my faves -- I have it on my Tivo! I love the camo-theme weddings, and the one where the woman posed naked on a horse for some cheesecake photos for her groom.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I dunno - I think that shipping and pets need to be separate but that is just mho ;)

I know what you mean about the medical sticky though - but it is still useful and used - would be nice for an interview one as well but guess people put reviews on their timelines anyway :)

Of course Poiteen has offered *coughs* to make a new wiki page about the passport thread so maybe that could go?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

well i've said it on the other thread but I think that the passport info might be better as a wiki entry (does anyone use the wiki?)

but that said, I always looks straight at the main threads, it always takes me ages to notice new posts in the stickied threads. Maybe it's just me :star:

The UK Wiki

It's not just you; I spent ages wondering why a two-year-old thread was still stickied before I noticed people had replied recently to it!

I'm not implying in any way that animals or material goods are comparable - not at all! Was just thinking what could be combined. :) Although thinking about it, a general 'FAQ' sticky that combines information that is unlikely to change anytime soon - such as, a how-to on how to renew your passport, where to download the new police certificate application form, and a link to the list of required vaccinations on the USCIS page might be best? I am happy to make a new thread. I know I come here for information first rather than the wiki.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.