Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

i've never done karaoke, but house parties in ireland often turn in to sing songs. last time i met up with a few of my friends from college it ended up in a sing song too. made me homesick.

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illumine and rkl favorite backstage bar has karaoke Wednesdays!

:dance:

I am SO there.

i've never done karaoke, but house parties in ireland often turn in to sing songs. last time i met up with a few of my friends from college it ended up in a sing song too. made me homesick.

And I'm bringing Poiteen as well -- karaoke virgin!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Huh? What? :blink: What did I miss? Where is that posted? Is there a secret thread I don't know about? :P Julez, what happened? Last I heard your offer was accepted and I was congratulating you. Link please!

After the offer was accepted, we did the home inspection and found out from the building inspector that the outer wall of the house is bowed out. We expected issues as the house was built in 1900, but nothing of this magnitude. The building inspector has no idea if this will be a problem for us, but since there is definitely a stuctural issue it will become a problem when we want to sell the house. Factoring in costs of hiring strucutral engineers, uncertainty of what might happen with the bowing and concerns about salability in the future, we just didn't feel it was a good investment.

So there you have it and we are back to square one!

By the way, when did everyone fix their wedding dates? I know that the best thing to do is to wait to book anywhere until your visa is in hand, but I'm worried about giving guests enough notice. Anyone book a date before having their visa in hand? I have my NoA2 and would like to fix a date in late December.

I'm prolly not the best person to ask... :unsure::whistle:

things are quiet around here these days. Please post, and save me from the big scary off topic!!!

awww - don't venture into there!!! You'll never get out alive!!!!

Sorry Poiteen, I've just been a bit down these days so have been mainly lurking. Plus, I really should do my job once in a while! :lol:

Aww Julez - I am sorry to hear it all went a bit pear-shaped :( I am sure it was just not meant to be... which MEANS that you have an even perfecter (it is a word - I just made it up :D ) house for you!! If it's any consolation, we still have no house either and I move in little over a month ;)

As for gas prices :angry: I am glad I filled up when I did... I filled up in the morning and it was £1.09 per litre, then when I came home from work, eight hours later, it had jumped to £1.13 :angry:

Prolly not going to get any sympathy from Londoners though... I am sure it is worse there...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
For me no karaoke night is complete without Charlene's I've Never Been To Me. If they don't have that, then Total Eclipse of the Heart - a good choice for someone with no vocal skills whatsoever.

We made my brother sing "I am Woman" once. He rawked. :lol:

Huh? What? :blink: What did I miss? Where is that posted? Is there a secret thread I don't know about? :P Julez, what happened? Last I heard your offer was accepted and I was congratulating you. Link please!

After the offer was accepted, we did the home inspection and found out from the building inspector that the outer wall of the house is bowed out. We expected issues as the house was built in 1900, but nothing of this magnitude. The building inspector has no idea if this will be a problem for us, but since there is definitely a stuctural issue it will become a problem when we want to sell the house. Factoring in costs of hiring strucutral engineers, uncertainty of what might happen with the bowing and concerns about salability in the future, we just didn't feel it was a good investment.

So there you have it and we are back to square one!

What about asking the owner to provide an assessment from a structural engineer and, if the prognosis is not too scary, getting some estimates and going back with a huge low-ball offer? You might even use the opportunity to do renovations at the same time. The owner might be relieved to sell it if they see no other way out, and you might end up with a really good deal. Just a thought. Structural issues can be dealt with.... in fact I have dealt with them. They're not insurmountable.

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well i dunno if i should laugh or cry.

I got home yesterday from work to find that my dog which is an alsation had decided that my police certificates smelt really yummy and had to chew on the envelope to see if they tasted good. I guess they didnt taste as good as she initially thought so now have brand new police certs with teeth marks in.

my reaction was this - :girlwerewolf2xn:

am hoping that when i need to use them they will be fine about it and see the funny side " please Miss my dog ate my homework"

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Filed: Timeline

I got home yesterday from work to find that my dog which is an alsation had decided that my police certificates smelt really yummy and had to chew on the envelope to see if they tasted good. I guess they didnt taste as good as she initially thought so now have brand new police certs with teeth marks in.

am hoping that when i need to use them they will be fine about it and see the funny side " please Miss my dog ate my homework"

I would definitely see the funny side of that. :lol:

iagree.gif

Ohhh pandora - that is too annoying and funny at the same time! I am sure it will be ok and it will definitely be a story to tell at the Embassy!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm sorry that is very funny to me. :lol::lol::lol:

The consular officers seem like nice and very reasonable people, I'm sure they'll let you off

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
For me no karaoke night is complete without Charlene's I've Never Been To Me. If they don't have that, then Total Eclipse of the Heart - a good choice for someone with no vocal skills whatsoever.

Excellent song choices, Robyn! Gotta love gems like these from the 80's!

Our doggy used to love to eat socks that are made of the pantyhose material...same like pantyhose just short like socks....what do you call that? :P Anyway...it went through her system and it was so stretchable that it was really painful for her to poop it out...I mean it would hang out of her butt but she wouldn´t let us pull it completely out :P We had to take her to the vet and he pulled it out. That happened a couple of times. Poor doggy (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Our doggy used to love to eat socks that are made of the pantyhose material...same like pantyhose just short like socks....what do you call that? :P Anyway...it went through her system and it was so stretchable that it was really painful for her to poop it out...I mean it would hang out of her butt but she wouldn´t let us pull it completely out :P We had to take her to the vet and he pulled it out. That happened a couple of times. Poor doggy (F)

now thats some strange habit - shame the socks didnt prewrap the poop then would of made it easier :rofl:

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

:lol::rofl:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.