Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
OMG -- how the hell did I miss that! Congrats, Stu. I'm raising a bottle of HP sauce in your honour.

Hehe! Cheers :D

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that I always will be, but right now, I am feeling a little, um, like, y'know, :girlwerewolf2xn:

Glad it's not just me then. I've never been so moody in my life than since I moved here and I've no idea why. I love living here and I love my husband but I'm just..... :girlwerewolf2xn:

I'm putting it down to stress! :D

I think I am like that already and I am not even there yet... Is there a smiley that is worse than that so I can use it when I move!?

Yeah, we all have our moments od

I think a lot of my general stress is linked to us living with my parents for the past 9 months. Yup, 9 months, peeps! My mom is always asking me where I'm going (out to buy your Mother's Day present, so I'm not saying, Mom), what's the matter with Bruce, have I watered the plants upstairs (no), taken out the trash upstairs (also no), when was the last time I changed the sheets, why don't I go to the gym anymore...

Newsflash: I am not 15. Or even 16. I am hot on the heels of 35. :angry:

Heh - I get that allllll the time - it is one of the things I am looking forward to being shot of :D

Got our NOA2! :D

*is giddy with excitement*

Stu

GRATZIES!! That's great news!!! I am still concerned for estadia though even though she isn't UK... she has been waiting since August :(

After spending most of the weekend moping about my weight, I finally went to the gym today after a 3 month hiatus. I ran and swam (weights tomorrow) and was feeling pretty virtuous (although very ashamed that 20 minutes on the treadmill left me bright purple in the face. I hate running) when I called in to a friend's for a cup of tea. Next thing I know I'm being offered three donuts and a cookie, and I ate them, too. :dead:

:lol: Ohhh you poor thing - I am petrified I am not going to fit into my dress again at the end of June - I really need to get a wriggle on losing weight but it doesn't seem to want to go and I keep cheating. And I haven't ever stepped foot in a gym :lol:

I'm not sleeping well either at the moment - partly due to the warmer weather, and partly because things are starting to actually happen now and I'm both anxious to get on with it all and also sad to be making decisions about packing and knowing I'll be leaving in just a few months.

Same - I'm getting a regular 5 hours sleep a night - while this may have been ok when I was 14, now I need my sleep... it sucks :( Ah well - I keep telling myself that when I move I will get the chance to chill out a bit more... but in the meantime I am petrified of pretty much everything... Still no apartment ><

how's tricks everyone? Popping by to say hello and vent some of my stress. Wedding is in less than 3 weeks, still have several things to do.

My original small simple wedding has doubled in size in the last week due to grumpy relatives (all on Nicks side) wanting invites. So now I have 74 people coming and they are all related to Nick. Also originally I just had a maid of honour....now I have 3 bridesmaids too. Nick's family do not understand the concept of RSVP so I'm having to guess at numbers for reception. Thankfully it's just for a buffet.

To add to my stress I am starting to fill out and look in more detail at AOS. We are definatly going to need a joint sponsor and well, you all know me from the joy that is K1 so you can probably imagine the stress I'm under.

wedding planning+ AOS + bordom = a very grumpy and stressed Debz

Awww chick - we had the total opposite problem - none of Jeremy's family RSVPd either - I made him call them all again. None of them came and the ones that did we had to pay for :angry: My family who flew over far outnumbered his :lol: It'll be ok though - you'll look back and laugh... I mean come on - Jeremy's 52 year old aunt wore $6 crocs to our wedding!! :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Wow... Just looked at estadia's recent thread. How awful to have to wait that long, and not know what's actually going on. It's stories like these that make me thankful I had my lovely pain in the butt beside me during our visa journey.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Ok. Now I really am $hitting myself and I think I have just cause to this time.

Dunno how many of you are aware of the nightmare that has been Jeremy's work recently - him pulling 60-70 hour weeks, masses of inspections, one of his bosses going completely off the rails. They were looking for any excuse to fire her because she was grossly incompetent.

As a result, Jeremy has been spending more and more time at work, less and less time with me. Apartment hunting has been put on the back burner and this week I have reached breaking point. I just couldn't take anymore.

He finally realised that he had been neglecting me and has started making it up to me. His other boss who had also been putting in loads of hours was understanding and said that he was going to have a couple of days set aside for Jeremy to focus on apartment hunting.

Jeremy just got a call to say that both of his bosses had been fired.

Now I am freaking out - we were expecting one of them to be fired because she really was dreadful, but the other one was working really hard and neither of us can figure out what he could have done to justify being fired. That currently puts Jeremy in the highest ranking position in the store (and as he is only supervisor it's not like he has masses of management experience yet) and we just don't know if he is still going to have a job come June when I move out there. Not only that but he is meant to be coming here in about 5 weeks as well... and I just don't know what is going to happen anymore.

I am so scared. If he loses his job I don't know what we will do - we have tickets bought, I have things packed - almost everything is in place for me to move. But without his job we can't afford a place to live let alone AOS or anything like that. If i could work it wouldn't be so bad... Even if he keeps his job, it might mean he can't come over in June which ruins our whole UK reception... I am terrified right now and I don't know what to do...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Yeah well we just don't know if they are going to close the place down or not. I am at my wit's end now - I know this is meant to be a stressful but exciting time of my life but right now it just seems to be the whole world of $hit dumped on us all at once at a time when we really need to be dealing with other things... I just don't know what to do and I am so scared :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

It sounds like he would be better off out of there - although the timing could not be worse. If he already paid for his ticket to the UK, he'd still go, right? Especially if you are having a reception?

When will he need to get the apartment by?

90day.jpg

I move on the 30th June... I just don't know what is going on anymore. I feel so lost and right now is when I could use a little security... and I just - I feel utterly useless because I can't do a damned thing about anything... I just don't know anymore

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Oh Aly. Mega, megahugs. As Robin says, he's now the most senior person there and it is pretty unlikely Jeremy's going to be told to move on as well, given the circumstances. For what it's worth, I bet Jeremy is more than up to the task of being a manager, and it could be a fantastic opportunity to prove he's his own man, and more than up to the task. I know it sounds trite, but focus on the good here: he's now the boss, unless they bring in someone else above him. He's very likely to get a pay rise, which is good, right? And you'd be surprised at how little time it can take to find some place to live -- even if it means you can't do that until you're both out there.

Wait until the dust settles a bit, get some more info from Jeremy and then make some plans, ditch some others and be your lovely self throughout. You can vent here all you like and we'll be here for you. You have faced up to all the struggles of being in a LDR, this is just another hurdle that you'll leap with grace.

(L)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I move on the 30th June... I just don't know what is going on anymore. I feel so lost and right now is when I could use a little security... and I just - I feel utterly useless because I can't do a damned thing about anything... I just don't know anymore

HUGS Aly. There's not much I can say that will improve your situation but we're all here for you if you need to vent or have a cry. (F) (F)

I think Maven is right - this could wind up being a chance for promotion, in fact, that was my first reaction when I read it. But I think the fact that you have your own upheaval ahead is going to make you feel extra anxious even if life was 100% perfect in terms of job and apartment. You will get through it though, I am sure of that.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
***Hugs**hugs**hugs***

Aly I really think that this can only mean good things for Jeramy. First he's the boss. He is the very person who should be able to make sure that he gets his days off in June that he was supposed to. Second I agree with Maven and rkl57, this will either end in him getting a promotion or at the very very least some experience that he can take elsewhere for a better job and more money.

Finally what is the worse case? What would happen if you got there and didn't have an apartment to yourselves? Is it maybe best to just set that plan aside for now, and when you get there you can make it your full time pursuit. I know it's not what you were hoping for, but since you can spend all day dedicated to the task, I'll bet it wouldn't take you very long.

The hardest things to deal with are the things you feel you don't have control over. I'm afraid this is one of those situations. But you'll be there soon. What's that AA thing they say at the beginning of their meetings. I'm not normally one for cheesy poems, but I think it's a good one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change,the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
>>>hugs<<<

The UK Wiki

Aly, I am so sorry to hear how stressed you are feeling. :( *hugs* I just want to echo everyone else's words and say that my first thoughts were that he would not be fired but promoted, if anything. But I can understand that it is a huge worry and I hope you hear some good news soon.

After spending most of the weekend moping about my weight, I finally went to the gym today after a 3 month hiatus. I ran and swam (weights tomorrow) and was feeling pretty virtuous (although very ashamed that 20 minutes on the treadmill left me bright purple in the face. I hate running) when I called in to a friend's for a cup of tea. Next thing I know I'm being offered three donuts and a cookie, and I ate them, too. :dead:

:lol: Ohhh you poor thing - I am petrified I am not going to fit into my dress again at the end of June - I really need to get a wriggle on losing weight but it doesn't seem to want to go and I keep cheating. And I haven't ever stepped foot in a gym :lol:

Weight never does want to go. :lol: It's hard work, that's for sure! Oh well, I'll continue to go to the gym for health reasons primarily, and try not to worry too much about my weight; I was never going to be a supermodel anyway. ;)

Wow... Just looked at estadia's recent thread. How awful to have to wait that long, and not know what's actually going on. It's stories like these that make me thankful I had my lovely pain in the butt beside me during our visa journey.

Oh, I know, poor estadia. :( And she is so cheerful, and always one of the first to congratulate others when they receive their approvals. I have to admire her fortitude; there's no way I could stay that positive. I really hope she hears good news soon.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Thanks guys :) He still has his job - he still doesn't know what has happened and probably won't know until he speaks to Todd his now ex-boss (the good one). It is a possibility for promotion - it would be awesome but not something I want to get my hopes up about as someone out there seems to be throwing us curve balls at every opportunity - making assumptions now would surely result in us getting screwed over in one way or another...

We don't know about June still... the tickets have already been bough but we just don't know. I don't know when I am going to get a chance to see him next. I can't believe that the one thing that was close to tearing us apart has now come back to throw us yet another challenge. How much can they expect him to do? He was already working out at a worse hourly rate than he was before he was promoted due to working so many hours and being on a salary...

What makes things more interesting(!) is that he works on the Morongo Reservation so they don't have to abide by State laws... they seem to be a law unto themselves and so even if he became GM, he would still have higher ups who could screw him over should they see fit... I just can't wait until I am there and can at least feel like I have some input...

But for now, something we are all sick of and yet very good at (albeit grudgingly)...

Waiting :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.