Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance::star::dance::star::dance: etc etc

I just finished the last section of the paper!!! All that's left is the list of recommendations, which will be fairly easy. A few more hours work on that, bundle up the appendices, bibliography, suggested weblinks (all of which can be done at leisure) and that is that.

Until August, when I'll be working on the next white paper... :wacko:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

This sounds like a job for the:

ElmCityCheeringBrigade!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Well Done Maven!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

(They only have one move, but they're cute all the same)

:star: it's those end bits that always got me. I never left enough time for them :star:

The UK Wiki

Hey all.. gosh i've been neglecting the forum!! So much going on. Kris' interview is in just under a week <cheer> and.. if all goes well we are pushing up his flight date from June 5th to May 28th! I can't wait!!!!

sorry.. excitement overload....

now back to your regular scheduled discussions. :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Got our NOA2! :D

*is giddy with excitement*

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Congratulations! :dance: It's about time! I am sorry CSC took so long to approve you. :(

And congratulations to maven, too!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks everyone :D

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

After spending most of the weekend moping about my weight, I finally went to the gym today after a 3 month hiatus. I ran and swam (weights tomorrow) and was feeling pretty virtuous (although very ashamed that 20 minutes on the treadmill left me bright purple in the face. I hate running) when I called in to a friend's for a cup of tea. Next thing I know I'm being offered three donuts and a cookie, and I ate them, too. :dead:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Moving countries has been HARD. We had the privilege of having been together in person with a "traditional" (whatever that means anymore) courtship, moved in together before getting married, lived together married as well before we lived here. But we're both noobs to some extent over here; I was a kid when I left the US and I am just as clueless as he when it comes to a lot of stuff. But somebody has to be the tough one, and right now, that's me. Not saying that I always will be, but right now, I am feeling a little, um, like, y'know, :girlwerewolf2xn:

I know where you're coming from here - the first year is pretty hard I think. I'd been away for as long as you, I think, and it's weird to be a stranger in your own country. We almost got divorced trying to figure out how to fill out our I-9s. (His quote, "didn't you guys to war with us over stuff like this?")

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Just found out they FINALLY accepted our second bid on the house!!!! :D:D Gambled and rejected their counter-offer to our counteroffer and it paid off!! Woooohoooo!!!! :D:D

Whooooo!!!!! :dance: Congratulations Julez!!!

Oh, and I won't be in Buffalo for the weekend, now, so we won't be able to meet at my favourite store in the whole wide world. :lol: I'm in Canada at the moment, and I was going to head back early with my parents. They're heading over for some shopping and a getaway on Saturday and I was going to go with them and have them drop me at the airport on Monday before they came back to Canada. But my daughter and my cousins have convinced me to stay and they are now going to take me straight to the airport as soon as we cross. But can we take a raincheck? I'll be back for Canadian Thanksgiving in October. :lol:

oh man; those things can be gruelling :wacko:

I hope you just burst out laughing when she looked you up and down; that's one of the rudest things ever, and SO immature! has she not grown up at all?? :blink:

Nope, ugly as ever! It's funny -- I saw her in Paris nearly 3 years ago, when she and I happened to both be in town and we met up with a mutual friend who was then living there. We went out for a drink; I asked Snotty Pants what she had been up to since college, when I had last seen her. She told me about how, after grad school, she had been living in Paris for 4 years, and how wonderful living abroad was, and I had a feeling she was trying to impress me with how fancy and glamorous she was. Then Amy, the mutual friend, said, "Oh Snotty Pants, that's nothing! Meags has been in London for nearly a decade! And she's got a great big job and she's getting divorced and is dating all these guys (I was at that point) and it makes our lives in Paris seem dull!" (Amy has never picked up on the subtle social clues very well...)

Snotty Pants gave me the up and down look, and said, "Well, I suppose London's nice. But I never would have thought you were the type to have a lot of guys at once. How...interesting."

B!TCH

Edited to add: ooooh, my pal's coming over to pick me up to take me out for some industrial-sized drinkin'. Yay! :dance:

Ooooooooo. I would have had so much fun with someone like that. Stupid cow.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, we all have our moments od unrest.....well, except one perfect couple I know here on VJ....I'm pretty confident I know to whom you were alluding, maven :lol:

Who are you talking about? Can someone PM me... I'm so nosy! :lol:

Okay, who's the perfect couple? :unsure: Can someone PM me too, please? :lol:

:dance::star::dance::star::dance: etc etc

I just finished the last section of the paper!!! All that's left is the list of recommendations, which will be fairly easy. A few more hours work on that, bundle up the appendices, bibliography, suggested weblinks (all of which can be done at leisure) and that is that.

Until August, when I'll be working on the next white paper... :wacko:

Whoo!! Congratulations Maven! You were finally able to stay awake long enough to complete it. You deserve a gold star. :star:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.