Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

when I finally move outta this tiny flat, I'm going to Ireland for a while to see my family, then to Miami for a while to see my OH's mum, and finally on to LA, where we will surely live in a motel for a week while we look for somewhere to live. I feel exhausted just thinking about it.

But... it's hard to do it alone. My advice is put some great music on, and remind yourself that even though your doing this alone and you don't want to be, you CAN do it alone. You've been doing everything alone all this time. When you're finally in Houston and you get used to having Dave around, you will still know that if you HAD to do everything yourself, you could, it's just a blessing you don't have to. :star:

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
LOL you know there is a cheat code you can put in to get you lots of money for Sims2? I think i remember it but not sure. but it gives you like 50k each time you use it LOL I've made some crazy houses with it LOL For the most part I just play scrabble online with Kris on the weekends or Dark Age of Camelot when I feel the need. I'm 'trying' to refocus myself back into my writing before my editor yells at me though LOL So many unfinished projects so little time. (since I know when Kris finally gets here writing will be the LAST thing on my mind!) :whistle:

It's motherlode or rosebud :D

i'm sure nessa knows it. she plays that all the time. :blink:

g'morning eveyrone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yes - motherlode is correct; I used to use it all the time!

Good afternoon Charles and everyone else. :P I was up far too late working on another Sims house; silly me. :dead:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Afternoon all :)

Just popping in to say that I probably won't be able to get on the internet as of tomorrow until I get to America on Wednesday.

My Nan died earlier today (She was 98... We were kind of prepared for it.. But it's still come as a bit of a shock) So. We now have to travel down to Luton tomorrow and sort the funeral out and look after my other Nan who is devestated.

Just wanted to say, thank you very much for all of your help! And I will talk to you all again when I join the other side! :)

Might try and pop on later when I have finished packing... I can't fit everything in! :cry:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just popping in to say that I probably won't be able to get on the internet as of tomorrow until I get to America on Wednesday.

My Nan died earlier today (She was 98... We were kind of prepared for it.. But it's still come as a bit of a shock) So. We now have to travel down to Luton tomorrow and sort the funeral out and look after my other Nan who is devestated.

Just wanted to say, thank you very much for all of your help! And I will talk to you all again when I join the other side! :)

Might try and pop on later when I have finished packing... I can't fit everything in! :cry:

Sorry to hear that Tash. (F)

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and come Wednesday I'll be able to give you a big 'WELCOME TO AMERICA'. :)

Gillian

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My condolences Tash. (F) Even when its expected, as it was for my Nan last summer, its still sad.

Good luck in getting everything sorted out. I look forward to hearing from you once you are staside! Take care.

Filed: Timeline

Awwwww. So sorry to hear that, Tasha. My uncle's funeral is today too. :(

Have a safe trip home. :)

iagree.gif

We're having all you can eat mussels & frites tonight at a local French joint & I AM SO EXCITED. :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Yum! How was it, Dev?

soooooo good! :yes:

But... it's hard to do it alone. My advice is put some great music on, and remind yourself that even though your doing this alone and you don't want to be, you CAN do it alone. You've been doing everything alone all this time. When you're finally in Houston and you get used to having Dave around, you will still know that if you HAD to do everything yourself, you could, it's just a blessing you don't have to. :star:

Very true! I would have to say moving across country as newlyweds & finding an apt & jobs was way more stressful than J moving over to America.

My Nan died earlier today (She was 98... We were kind of prepared for it.. But it's still come as a bit of a shock)

Sorry about your Nan.

I'll revolutionise Austin as soon as I get all done with Houston :D

gimme... eight months ;)

thanks Poiteen, I know you're probably right... it's just SO draining, trying to do all this on your own; I'm just so tired and down about everything... even though almost everything's ready to go, I'm still worried about the truck getting a spot outside the house; my street is TERRIBLE for parking and it's a bus route so double-parking is out of the question... plus I have to virtually pack my suitcases now, and then live out of them until Monday, because I need to know how much I can take with me, and then the rest just has to go in shipping :(

it's that - the organisation and sorting - that is so difficult, not the actual packing, which is relatively easy :(

Hmmm - ok so Debz isn't around, I've been pretty absent due to lack of net at work... and so it has come down to StP to take over the stressing?!

Actually I have been freaking out already - I am sooo annoyed by that. I figured I could hold it together until maybe a couple weeks before I left. But no. Jeremy still hasn't got us a place. We still have no money to even afford to get a place. His aunt keeps screwing things up and he keeps having to bail her out or she'll kick him out. And I just feel like I am trying to keep my head above water - I have spent over £2000 in less than two months - more than I have earned... and I just. I am just so fed up. I wish it were all over now...

Sorry about the rant :(

Oh Tash - sorry to hear about your gran :( *hugs*

Hope you have a safe journey over - I know you've been nervous but hopefully now you are actually doing something and getting on with it it will all seem a bit easier :) *hugs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

DEBZ I SEE YOU LURKING!!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Actually I have been freaking out already - I am sooo annoyed by that. I figured I could hold it together until maybe a couple weeks before I left. But no. Jeremy still hasn't got us a place. We still have no money to even afford to get a place. His aunt keeps screwing things up and he keeps having to bail her out or she'll kick him out. And I just feel like I am trying to keep my head above water - I have spent over £2000 in less than two months - more than I have earned... and I just. I am just so fed up. I wish it were all over now...

Oh goodness. (((((((((((Hugs Jeraly))))))))))))

It seems today is a day for stressing amongst quite a number of our members. :(

iagree.gif

Oh goodness. (((((((((((Hugs Jeraly))))))))))))

It seems today is a day for stressing amongst quite a number of our members. :(

Oh I don't know - I think it has been building up since my visa arrived - once the initial excitement wore off and I realised we went to all that work for a sticky label :blink: It's buried under a pile of paperwork right now :lol:

I just can't wait to get a place - I think once we have somewhere to live I *might* relax a bit more... :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.