Jakey-Matey

Have I missed anything?

19 posts in this topic

Oh, yes, got those at a photobooth at London Waterloo ;)

Are they the 2"x2" ones requested, though? The standard UK photobooth ones are not the same size. Although there is a photobooth in the Embassy that produces the correct size, people have reported it being out of service.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Are they the 2"x2" ones requested, though? The standard UK photobooth ones are not the same size. Although there is a photobooth in the Embassy that produces the correct size, people have reported it being out of service.

Well, the ones I got at the photobooth are passport photos, and those worked last time for the DS-156 when I applied for the B2 visa.

--------------------------------------------

I-129F Process:

2007/06/26 - I-129F Petition sent to Nebraska service center

2007/07/03 - NOA1 Hard Copy, and notification that it has been forwarded to the California Service center

2007/07/10 - Touch

2007/11/20 - Approved - NOA2

2007/12/13 - Petition received at the NVC

2007/12/22 - Hardcopy of notice that the petition has now been forwarded to the US Embassy in London.

2008/01/05 - Received Packet from US Embassy.

2008/01/11 - Medical examination

2008/01/16 - Received Police Clearance Record

2008/01/16 - Sent back out Packet to the US Embassy.

2008/02/26 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!

2008/05/08 - Married!!!!

I-485/I-765 Process:

2008/05/22 - Sent out adjustment of status package.

2008/06/05 - Package sent back due to wrong address

2008/06/06 - Sent package back out

2008/06/11 - Pending notices received

2008/06/17 - Appointment notice received

2008/06/26 - Biometrics appointment - Appointment successful

2008/??/?? - RFE - Sponsor did not fill out I-864

2008/08/12 - RFE sent back out

2008/11/12 - Service request in effect.

2008/12/03 - No news on if they received my case back (RFE), no news on my EAD or AOS. Starting to get severely annoyed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey all.

Today I have sent off the following to the US Embassy to resume the K1 process:

DS-156 (2x) (and not signed, did I do both of those right?)

DS-156K

DS-157

DS-230 Part I (page 1 and 2 are filled out, page 3 and 4 are blank, did I do that right?) (This was the only form that I did sign, did I do that right?)

And the Checklist back saying we are ready for our interview.

I assume I did not need to send anything else out for this part of the stage?

Thanks for any replies/advice/help :)

Hey Jakey Matey,

Sounds perfect, I sent the same in on the 17th of January. Doesn't it feel good to get it off & away. I was happy to see it go =)

I used recorded delivery to be thorough & now I wish I had used UPS because when I try tracking it online on www.royal mail, it doesn't recognise my ref. number.

SO annoying because it is the correct 13 digit number, it's driving me nuts... I am going to try calling the embassy tomorrow to check they received it.

How did you send yours? I did my forms just the same as you did...

Also, may I ask, when did you request your police certificate? Did you go into a police station in person? As I was in NY for pup's (my fiance) b'day & Christmas, I sent mine in the mail. As I couldn't do registered mail from the states, I now can't check to see whether they've received it or not =( It's making me really worried....

Just trying to figure out how long it took to come, seeing as we're on the same time scale. I haven't sent in my four pages requesting the interview yet. Want to get the MPS receipt & will send then. Only thing is I wish to travel at the end of Feb & so need it asap...

ARRRGGGHHH

On a brighter note though. I had my medical today & all went well. Sorry, it's not on the timeline everyone, my fiance's in charge of that & he can't see the gap for it...

It was a fast & pain free process, well, minus the needles I guess... If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I was done in less than an hour. Only needed one vaccination so that was good & fingers crossed the Embassy will have the results by Friday =) Yippeee... Bring on the interview... I'm on a roll now...

If anyone has any tips on how to speed up the process for getting a date please share as I'm going around the bend here on my own, missing my puppy

Good Luck everyone...

-B

-----------------

K1 Timeline!

06-22-07 Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

06-25-07 Received NOA1

11-14-07 NOA2 processed

11-21-07 National Visa Center received

11-28-07 Application forwarded to London Consulate

12-03-07 London Consulate received

12-06-07 Packet 3 Received

01-16-08 Send completed packet 3

02-05-08 Packet 4 Received

02-13-08 Fantastic London Consulate Interview

02-18-08 K-1 Visa Received!!

02-28-08 US Entry at JFK

03-03-08 Married at City Hall

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline!

03-04-08 Sent packet to Chicago Lockbox Address

04-11-08 NOA received

05-06-08 Biometrics Appt for I485/RFE#1 Received

05-19-08 Sent RFE#1 Info

06-11-08 Case transferred to CSC

07-07-08 EAD and AP received

10-21-08 RFE#2 received for I485

11-19-08 Medical Examination I-693 redone and sent to CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, the ones I got at the photobooth are passport photos, and those worked last time for the DS-156 when I applied for the B2 visa.

They are very specific about the US passport photos, the standard UK passport photos are a totally different size. We went to snappy snaps to get them TOTAL RIP OFF!!! But they are what they asked for...wish I had done this though...you can make your own for £3.00.

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.