j.r.

I-130 approved, I-129F pending

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

now here comes the questions. my i130 got approved back in nov 5 2007. the NOA2 letter says to give it 2-4weeks for processing. so i called the NVC about mid december. the person that i talked to gave me a case number. so i asked her. what are you processing, the i130? the i129f? or both? of course she said no, we are processing the i130 this her is for a greencard. im like what?! ok im confused. she said that the i130 is going to have a different interview at the USEM in manila and that they're going to send her a packet in the mail in february. ok first off why are they processing the 130 and the 129 separately? why is there a different USEM interview for the 130 and the 129f? also how do you know if your pending case has been "TOUCHED"? how do you do the RFE trick? im so confused. i need help. can you guys help me?

Thanks, :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
now here comes the questions. my i130 got approved back in nov 5 2007. the NOA2 letter says to give it 2-4weeks for processing. so i called the NVC about mid december. the person that i talked to gave me a case number. so i asked her. what are you processing, the i130? the i129f? or both? of course she said no, we are processing the i130 this her is for a greencard. im like what?! ok im confused. she said that the i130 is going to have a different interview at the USEM in manila and that they're going to send her a packet in the mail in february. ok first off why are they processing the 130 and the 129 separately? why is there a different USEM interview for the 130 and the 129f? also how do you know if your pending case has been "TOUCHED"? how do you do the RFE trick? im so confused. i need help. can you guys help me?

Thanks, :crying:

ok i will try to answers some of your questions if i am wrong someone will follow up

ok the I-130 is a immigrant vISA you dont have to adjust your status in usa and recieve green card right away

the I-129f is a non immigrant visa and have to adjust status after arriving here and you wait to recieve g.c.

get to know the threads in the nvc forum the auto messages one and knowing you case one nvc moves faster then uscis go up to guides and read up some there is alot to get ready if you go for the i-130 to tell you it is the cheaper way to go and takes just as long as k-3 to adjust status for 129 is 1010 usd

the only way to check your case is to call the auto line (603)334-0700 and listen to the message or talk to operator

they are 2 different visa's so thats whay they process seperately good luck nd congrats on approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.