Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Coulda been worse, though, as the guy who sits next to me at work had his DVR cut off just before they annouced the winner. :bonk:

That happened to me last year and this year I watched it live. I started recording and by the end of the show I was on live so I wouldn't miss anything. I saw that my DVR was off before the show was over so I'm glad I saw the show live.

My favorite performance was ZZ Top with David C and the one with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and ??? as Backup dancers for ???. Sorry, don't know the artist but it sure was entertaining.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Coulda been worse, though, as the guy who sits next to me at work had his DVR cut off just before they annouced the winner. :bonk:

That happened to me last year and this year I watched it live. I started recording and by the end of the show I was on live so I wouldn't miss anything. I saw that my DVR was off before the show was over so I'm glad I saw the show live.

My favorite performance was ZZ Top with David C and the one with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and ??? as Backup dancers for ???. Sorry, don't know the artist but it sure was entertaining.

That third guy was Robert Downey, Jr. That was so funny.

Gladys Knight was the artist. They were supposed to be Pips.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Ohhh yes and Atlanta is pretty close to here. Don't know who he's touring with.

06.17.08 San Diego CA US San Diego Sports Arena

06.19.08 San Jose CA US HP Pavilion

06.21.08 Las Vegas NV US MGM Grand Arena

06.22.08 Phoenix AZ US US Airways Center

06.25.08 Los Angeles CA US The Forum

06.27.08 Anaheim CA US Honda Center

07.02.08 Seattle WA US Key Arena 07.04.08 Vancouver BC US General Motors Place

07.07.08 Minneapolis MN US XCEL Energy Center

07.09.08 Chicago IL US United Center

07.13.08 Dallas TX US American Airlines Centre

07.14.08 Houston TX US Toyota Center

07.17.08 Toronto ON CA Air Canada Centre

07.18.08 Montreal QC CA Bell Centre

07.21.08 New York NY US Madison Square Garden

07.23.08 New York NY US Madison Square Garden

07.26.08 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center

07.27.08 Boston MA US TD Banknorth Garden

07.29.08 Washington DC US Verizon Center

07.31.08 Atlanta GA US Philips Arena

08.02.08 Tampa FL US Saint Pete Times Forum

08.03.08 Fort Lauderdale FL US Bank Atlantic Center

Timeline

I went all the way to Chicago to see the Counting Crows once. Don't think George Michael is worth that effort!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

jason is hot. i like his style and voice most of all though. i would buy his record too.

yummy!

p.s. you're welcome for posting the video. i guess it happened to all of us silly dv-r users! :(

2.p.s. i thought george michael's voice was awesome. the song got better as it went on but what was up with the words in the first verse? weirddddddd...

3.p.s. michael john's is still smoking hot. lol

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Did anyone else notice how stiff Amanda is? She just doesn't fit in! Jason was quite the opposite, he made goofy moves far and above the others, but he looked like he was having fun, unlike Amanda.

I honestly thought Amanda couldn't have given a rat's behind last night....and it cracked me up.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Okay the final is in and Davic C is the winner. He is excellent, and I am happy. I was torn between the 2 because I liked them both.

I haven't heard anyone mention the first song of the night. The duet between the 2 Davids, "Hero". Man I loved it! This is the first I have seen David A break away from his Balad image successfully. That song brought me chills. They harmonized beautifully.

The entire night was just fun, and I agree about Brooke White's and (which one? Crosby Seals Nash?). Can't remember, but I liked it. I was rather bored with George Michael however. I didn't care much for the Jonas brothers...kind of kiddy stuff IMO. Micheal Myers...love that guy! Donna Summers...eh. Did anyone else notice how stiff Amanda is? She just doesn't fit in! Jason was quite the opposite, he made goofy moves far and above the others, but he looked like he was having fun, unlike Amanda.

Now on the "So you think you can dance". I am looking forward to seeing "Sex" again. That guy cracks me up!

Is Amanda the one who reminds me of a skunk and can't sing? If so, yeah, I thought she was horrible.

I like the Jonas Brothers.

I LOVED Jason. I think he is so adorably cute.

Since when does Seal sing with Crosby and Nash? Did he kill Stills to get in? (J/K!!!) :whistle:

:blush: Silly me! I was thinking of 2 different performances last night and had a blonde moment.

Yes Amanda is the skunk. I don't think performing is in her. The others were fun to watch, and obviously are enjoying perfoming.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Yes, Amanda looked incredibly uncomfortable up there yesterday. Wonder if she will loosen up over the summer?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Yes, Amanda looked incredibly uncomfortable up there yesterday. Wonder if she will loosen up over the summer?

My problem, besides the skunk thing, is that I do not understand her when she sings. To me it sounds like grinding metal.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

My problem, besides the skunk thing, is that I do not understand her when she sings. To me it sounds like grinding metal.

Yess, that is what I said to DH. I was wondering if she sang in English cause I didn't understand a word.

How did you like Jordin Sparks last night? I hated the dress but I still think she has lots of talent and is a good singer.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yess, that is what I said to DH. I was wondering if she sang in English cause I didn't understand a word.

How did you like Jordin Sparks last night? I hated the dress but I still think she has lots of talent and is a good singer.

Thank you. I thought it was just me. But straining to hear her hurts my eardrums.

I like Jordin Sparks, couldn't care less about the dress.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If I have to hear one more news commentary on David Archeleta I think I am going to puke!

What is the matter with these Utahn people?? Have they never seen a celeb before??! OMG! Every 10 minutes they have to update us on David whogivesafu*karcheleta. Just cus he's from Utah!!!!

They have little kids walking around here with signs saying, "I don't like "Cook"ing! I love David Archuleta."

Unfortunatly, even if David Cook wins us living in Utah will never hear the end of David Archuleta.

My husband changes the channel as soon as he hears the first note of the American Idol melody.

It's not allowed in our home, period! He has to quickly change the channel on the news cast as soon as they even mention the name David. lol

UGH!! I wish the would get over it already!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY !! It's finally over. David won ! lol So glad our regular News programming won't be inundated with David Archelta now.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Timeline

My husband looked at her and said "couldn't she have picked a better dress?"

You only get one trip

You only get one trip