Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What was your favorite performance last night?

Mine was Graham Nash and Brooke singing Teach Your Children. That's one of my favorite songs of all time. Plus, I'm a damned hippie like Brooke. :P

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine was Graham Nash and Brooke singing Teach Your Children. That's one of my favorite songs of all time. Plus, I'm a damned hippie like Brooke. :P

hehehe make that two of us! That was a great duet. Although David C and ZZ Top was pretty dang cool as well.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
In case anyone else's DV-R cut off the end like mine did *grrrrrrrrr

Thank you for posting that! My DVR stopped right after Seacrest (Seafoam! :rofl::rofl: love Mike Myers!) said "Cook" -- I was so ticked off!

Same for me! We missed all the glorious ending. Looks like I'll be watching youtube when I get home tonight!

Coulda been worse, though, as the guy who sits next to me at work had his DVR cut off just before they annouced the winner. :bonk:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ZZ Top and David C.......AWESOME!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I liked ZZ Top too, but they didn't spin their guitars! :angry:

They did not move much at all. Sucks to see rock stars age!

BTW.....While I won't claim the Royals or Chiefs, I will claim David Cook as being from MISSOURI!!!! Woo hoo!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

ZZ Top and David C.......AWESOME!

Yup :yes:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline

My 11 year old daughter was watching with me. I said ohhhh just wait, they'll spin the guitars, it's so cool!

After it was over, I said man!! They didn't do it.

She said, that's cause they're old. :lol:

*edit for spelling*

Edited by LoriLawless

Timeline

My 11 year old daughter was watching with me. I said ohhhh just wait, they'll spin the guitars, it's so cool!

After it was over, I said man!! They didn't do it.

She said, that's cause they're old. :lol:

*edit for spelling*

Ironically, I always thought they LOOKED old.

George Michael didn't look too good. I also think he made up some words as he went along!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Me too. :lol:

George had a cold, but it still seemed that he wasn't as energetic as I've seen him in the past.

I've been contemplating the Atlanta show in July, but I think his performance talked me out of it.

Energetic????? I wanted him to be standing against the wall tapping his foot, playing the guitar, and singing I WANT YOUR SEX. Instead............well, I was so disappointed. I wanted to drool, not shake my head. I don't think it helped me that I had this image of him in a park bathroom somewhere, either!

I kind of want to go see them in St. Louis. I am just kind of picky and I don't like the entire top 10. I wonder if I can make it through the performances of those I don't care for to get to those I like. If only the concert tour came with a remote control too!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

George had a cold, but it still seemed that he wasn't as energetic as I've seen him in the past.

I've been contemplating the Atlanta show in July, but I think his performance talked me out of it.

Energetic????? I wanted him to be standing against the wall tapping his foot, playing the guitar, and singing I WANT YOUR SEX. Instead............well, I was so disappointed. I wanted to drool, not shake my head. I don't think it helped me that I had this image of him in a park bathroom somewhere, either!

I kind of want to go see them in St. Louis. I am just kind of picky and I don't like the entire top 10. I wonder if I can make it through the performances of those I don't care for to get to those I like. If only the concert tour came with a remote control too!!!!!

Exactly how I felt!

I was talking about the George Michael show in July though. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay the final is in and Davic C is the winner. He is excellent, and I am happy. I was torn between the 2 because I liked them both.

I haven't heard anyone mention the first song of the night. The duet between the 2 Davids, "Hero". Man I loved it! This is the first I have seen David A break away from his Balad image successfully. That song brought me chills. They harmonized beautifully.

The entire night was just fun, and I agree about Brooke White's and (which one? Crosby Seals Nash?). Can't remember, but I liked it. I was rather bored with George Michael however. I didn't care much for the Jonas brothers...kind of kiddy stuff IMO. Micheal Myers...love that guy! Donna Summers...eh. Did anyone else notice how stiff Amanda is? She just doesn't fit in! Jason was quite the opposite, he made goofy moves far and above the others, but he looked like he was having fun, unlike Amanda.

Now on the "So you think you can dance". I am looking forward to seeing "Sex" again. That guy cracks me up!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Exactly how I felt!

I was talking about the George Michael show in July though. :lol:

He's actually touring? With who?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Okay the final is in and Davic C is the winner. He is excellent, and I am happy. I was torn between the 2 because I liked them both.

I haven't heard anyone mention the first song of the night. The duet between the 2 Davids, "Hero". Man I loved it! This is the first I have seen David A break away from his Balad image successfully. That song brought me chills. They harmonized beautifully.

The entire night was just fun, and I agree about Brooke White's and (which one? Crosby Seals Nash?). Can't remember, but I liked it. I was rather bored with George Michael however. I didn't care much for the Jonas brothers...kind of kiddy stuff IMO. Micheal Myers...love that guy! Donna Summers...eh. Did anyone else notice how stiff Amanda is? She just doesn't fit in! Jason was quite the opposite, he made goofy moves far and above the others, but he looked like he was having fun, unlike Amanda.

Now on the "So you think you can dance". I am looking forward to seeing "Sex" again. That guy cracks me up!

Is Amanda the one who reminds me of a skunk and can't sing? If so, yeah, I thought she was horrible.

I like the Jonas Brothers.

I LOVED Jason. I think he is so adorably cute.

Since when does Seal sing with Crosby and Nash? Did he kill Stills to get in? (J/K!!!) :whistle:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip