Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I dialed for three and a half hours straight, but alas, it looks like the anti-David A. faction has won. :(

I love David A.'s version of Imagine. I also got chills on Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. I just think he's fantastic. And I will buy his album, as well as David Cook's. That is, if I bought albums, which I don't. So I will illegally download both of their music.

:lol::lol:

My husband, who does not take ANY of this seriously at all, said to me at the end of the show, "can we please vote for David Archuletta now?".

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I dialed for three and a half hours straight, but alas, it looks like the anti-David A. faction has won. :(

I love David A.'s version of Imagine. I also got chills on Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. I just think he's fantastic. And I will buy his album, as well as David Cook's. That is, if I bought albums, which I don't. So I will illegally download both of their music.

Having never voted for an American Idol contestant I am curious how this works: You dialed for 3.5 hours just to vote once or does it count your vote each time you call? As for my vote (which I did not cast and therefore feel I do not really have a say in this matter) it would have gone to David C., but that doesn't make me "anti-David A".

My life will go on as before regardless of who wins or loses. It would not surprise me to learn that more registered voters vote for AI than in the general elections. I do not know if this is so but it would not surprise me. It is all a matter of perspective.

Only my opinion-

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Having never voted for an American Idol contestant I am curious how this works: You dialed for 3.5 hours just to vote once or does it count your vote each time you call? As for my vote (which I did not cast and therefore feel I do not really have a say in this matter) it would have gone to David C., but that doesn't make me "anti-David A".

My life will go on as before regardless of who wins or loses. It would not surprise me to learn that more registered voters vote for AI than in the general elections. I do not know if this is so but it would not surprise me. It is all a matter of perspective.

Only my opinion-

Your vote gets counted each time.

And I didn't mean that *everyone* who voted for David C. is anti-David A. I just feel that there is probably a large group who did vote for David C. for that reason.

And I think my life will go on regardless of who wins or loses, but I guess I'll know for sure tonight.

Timeline

I feel certain you will be just fine regardless of the outcome. :D

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Only my opinion-

Each call/text message is a vote.

Forgot it was AI finals night. Hubby bought the National Treasure 2 DVD and we watched it.

As for winning, I like David C over David A but I prefer David A to win. That way, David C will have the freedom to choose his own contract just like Chris Daughtry.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Timeline

It would be great if they could find a way to let only one vote per person count. Heck, it would be great if that would happen with national elections! :jest:

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Timeline
I just can't wait to see George Michael! :dance:

Are you a member of his fan club too??? :blink:

b_man.jpg

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Timeline

Maybe Jenn will be OK, but I am certain my life will be over if David Cook doesn't win tonight! :P

:unsure: Say it ain't so!

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Filed: Timeline
I just can't wait to see George Michael! :dance:

Are you a member of his fan club too??? :blink:

b_man.jpg

:lol: I'm a huge fan, don't care about his personal life. :bonk::lol:

Maybe Jenn will be OK, but I am certain my life will be over if David Cook doesn't win tonight! :P

:blink::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think they tied in the first round.

What was up with Archuleta? He looked shell-shocked.

I noticed that as well. My assumption was that the entire AI is so totally draining, and it hit last night. David C fared better, but he did break down as well. I may have never done anything like this, but I can only assume that emotions are sky rocketing for them.

All in all I think David A did better, but I did enjoy David C's second song much more than David A's. I was surprised that the judges weren't impressed. I don't buy CD's, but if I did, and David C put that song out, I would for sure get it.

As for Rueben's song, well let's just say it was far less disturbing than Fantasia's last week. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'