Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

I have been a David Cook fan from almost the beginning, and what i have always liked about him, is how multi- dimensional he is with the songs he sings. I only really liked his first 2 songs tonight, would have LOVED to of heard him sing Hello again. But that being said, he didnt go back and perform something he had previously done already, like David A. No matter though, David C will have a great career if he wins or not.

I really cant say that much about David A, since i have never cared for him, so i'll behave B)

ROCK ON DAVID COOK!!!!!!!!!!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Nothing against the sensitivity. Just didn't think they would be that emotional.

Overall, I feel that there were a lot of emotional people on AI this year.

We have NO idea about the emotional stuff that they go through. I was raised to be a singer, which might be why I "get it" (not tootin my own horn) but I totally understand where they are coming from.

I really think David A took this.

and I loved Ruben's performance too.

I don't doubt that they have a ton of emotions running through them. I don't blame them. I was just making a comment because neither of them really showed much of it until tonight, I guess being the finals and all, they realize what is at stake.

Anyways, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. Just making an observation.

Your observations are always welcome! No worries. Nobody is wrong or right, we just have opinions. (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the second round songs were cheesy as expected.

At the end of the day, David A. may win, but David C. will win the race to my pocketbook when I buy his album.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

let me clarify my post on david a earlier...

i was not bothered by his 'niceness'... it was because he repeated the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

for me, it wouldnt matter if it was "gosh", "oh my god", "@#&%$" or whatever

about tonight... again, david a is technically a good singer... but i just dont like watching him perform and the muffled sound of his voice is just a turn off for me

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Go David C... It's your B-day!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

F@cK! I forgot that it's AI's finale... :crying::crying::crying: Deym! Who won? Who won? Anyone, please tell me... Did my Missourian guy win?

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I'm a fan of David C but David A rocked the house tonight! Amazing.

I'm betting he'll be this year's AI.

David A sounded the same in every song. Plus, he sang a song that he's already done before. How lame! If David A wins, I'm sure they will have David C with him like they did with Ruben and Clay. If that doesn't upset the gay community. (((shrugs)))

Go David C... You rock! :thumbs:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
let me clarify my post on david a earlier...

i was not bothered by his 'niceness'... it was because he repeated the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

for me, it wouldnt matter if it was "gosh", "oh my god", "@#&%$" or whatever

about tonight... again, david a is technically a good singer... but i just dont like watching him perform and the muffled sound of his voice is just a turn off for me

Keltic, you summed it up perfectly! :thumbs:

I'd also like to add that David A's version of Imagine is awful. He has twice now butchered John Lennon's beautiful masterpiece. The beauty of the song lies in its simplicity and runs for every lyric is inappropriate. I am amazed the judges don't consider that to be oversinging. But, they've wanted Little Davy to win all along, so they will continue to praise his ####### performances.

Like Cassie mentioned above, regardless of tonight's outcome, its David Cook's album that I will be purchasing!

And finally, just to comment on Ruben's performance - what is up with that song????? It is terrible!! Seriously. Please Celebrate Me Home? What does that even mean????? Sounds like a song that should be sung at a funeral - take me home to Jesus! :lol:

Filed: Timeline

:dance:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malki...eedom_idol.html

American Idol wants some freedom.

The big surprise guest performer during the American Idol finale tomorrow night will be “Freedom” hit-maker George Michael, a source has exclusively revealed.

Earlier this week, producer Nigel Lythgoe refused to reveal who the artist would be, only saying that the “biggest star in the world” was coming to Idol.

The appearance will time in nicely for the former Wham! frontman, who starts a 20-city tour on June 17 in San Diego in support of his recently released two-disc CD, Twenty-Five.

A rep for Idol would not confirm Michael’s appearance, while a rep for the singer could not be immediately reached.

In addition, David Cook and David Archuleta may perform Michael hits during the two-hour finale that will also include Carrie Underwood performing her new single, “Last Name.” Producers may still be making last-minute plans with additional singers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dialed for three and a half hours straight, but alas, it looks like the anti-David A. faction has won. :(

I love David A.'s version of Imagine. I also got chills on Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. I just think he's fantastic. And I will buy his album, as well as David Cook's. That is, if I bought albums, which I don't. So I will illegally download both of their music.