Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

But who's it gonna be... the rocker... or young gay crooner... :P

Oh stop it...gosh.

Gosh!

I am always amazed how a person at the age of 17 can be viewed as gay. He looks the way he looks because he is only 17 for heaven sakes! That is how almost all of the boys in my high school looked.

I am curious what everyone though of Fantasia's performance. I found it rather scary. And by the look on Simon's face I think he agreed.

The answer is easily... (to the first part)

Oh, Fantasia's song choice for American Idol was very disappointing... Good thing she wasn't a contestant because Simon would have killed her based upon his facial expression. He hated it...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my internet was out from monday evening until just last night... i was very curious to see what everyone thought of AI last week...

david cook should win it hands down!!!!

and i think i would have had to puke if i heard david a say 'gosh' another time... he almost sounded like he was mentally challenged

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

my internet was out from monday evening until just last night... i was very curious to see what everyone thought of AI last week...

david cook should win it hands down!!!!

and i think i would have had to puke if i heard david a say 'gosh' another time... he almost sounded like he was mentally challenged

:rofl:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why David Cook Will Win Idol

David Cook is a pretty normal dude, or at least that's how he comes off on TV. From Middle America, wearer of silly facial hair, former high school musical participant, and not one of those rockers interested in being super-cool all the time, David Cook is a likable person. Maybe you aren't a fan of his music, or his various interpretations of the songs he sings, but you have to admit that he's found a niche, stuck to it, and consistently performed at a high level throughout the entire American Idol season. If you remember, Cook was often derided by Simon Cowell early in the season for his lack of personality. To his credit, this Cowell chiding did not inspire a change in persona from Cook. He remained resolute in his unassuming nature and, in the process, came off as genuine – a trait imperative for any up and coming rock singer. If you stay on American Idol long enough, the media and the judges and the whole entire production will create a shining persona for you. But, all of that wouldn't mean anything if David Cook wasn't immensely talented – thankfully, he is. Here are the reasons why David Cook will win American Idol.

Archuleta Backlash

It's gotten to the point where people are outwardly against David Archuleta. Even those who remain indifferent towards Cook seem to have a stake in the upcoming finale. There will be votes FOR Archuleta and votes FOR Cook, but there will also be a ton of votes AGAINST Archuleta. As stated above, Cook's unassuming personality hasn't inspired animosity towards him as it has for Archuleta. As sad as it may be, it's a lot easier for some people to be inspired to vote against someone rather than for someone.

Three Songs

If we are to assume that Tuesday's performance show will have a bearing on the final vote and that there are at least some viewers out there who have yet to choose their allegiance (and we'd have to be very cynical to presume otherwise), then Cook has the upper hand. He is far more adept at switching genres and mixing it up than Archuleta. With both singers having to perform three different songs on Tuesday, it's safe to assume that Archuleta will fail on one of them (that is, unless he performs three versions of the same “slow ballad†song), while Cook could very easily excel on each performance. The three songs can only help Cook and can only hurt Archuleta. I can't imagine many undecided voters leaning towards Archie after Tuesday.

Cook is Better

I know music is subjective and hordes of Archuleta fans would vehemently argue the basic premise of this point, but still...David Cook is better. He's a better singer. He's a better performer. He's more likable. He's more flexible. He can play an instrument. He chooses better songs. He connects with the audience. There's nothing Archuleta can do that Cook can't do better. I'm trying to be objective here. For instance, I liked Brooke White a hell of a lot more than Archuleta, but I can admit that Archie is a better all-around singer. Likewise, I can't blame anyone for liking Archuleta better than Cook, despite his overwhelming inferiority. But, in the end, the American Idol crown should go to the best singer. David Cook is the better singer.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-i...cook-19514.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why David Archuleta Will Win Idol

David Archuleta is a nice, seventeen year old kid with an overbearing father. He has a good singing voice with which, it could be argued, he adds too many runs and vocal gymnastics then need be. He is innocent, naïve, modest to a fault and, as a result of these things, lacks a distinct personality. He is a blank slate, which may actually be a reason for his season long success on American Idol. With no clearly defined persona, David Archuleta can be anything for anyone who watches American Idol. Perhaps you, teenage girls, see him as the perfect boy – talented, cute and pliable. Perhaps you, grandmothers, see him as the boy you wish your grandkids were. Perhaps you, 30 year old hipster, see him as a talented and un-ironic foil to your typical likes. David Archuleta, blessed with a distinctive voice and cursed/blessed with a father who systematically constructed him a path to stardom, is one night of voting away from winning American Idol. These are the reasons why he will emerge triumphant on Wednesday night:

Inevitability

You don't always need reasoned, logical explanations for things: it just seems right that David Archuleta will win American Idol. It may not be just in your mind, but the sweet air of inevitability is clearly in Archuleta's corner. For the entire American Idol season, Archuleta has acted and been judged like the golden boy destined to win. It's felt like this since the Top 12 began, and that feeling has not gone away.

Voting Fanatics

Stories have floated along on the internet tubes for the last couple months regarding David Archuleta's fans. How the rabid fanatics have had “voting parties†where they text or call in as many times as humanly possible within the voting window. It's possible that Archuleta has less fans that the voting results might dictate, simply because his fans vote more than any other group of fans. If this is the case, then expect their efforts to peak on the night it matters most next week.

The Judges

If you keep saying something over and over and over and over again, eventually people start to believe it. The American Idol judges anointed Archie the prohibitive favorite early in the season and their enthusiasm continued throughout. Although Simon has taken his foot off the Archuleta praise pedal oh-so slightly, Randy and Paula still blindly sing David's praises. If I have to hear Randy say “he could sing the phone book†one more time I will puke in my soup. Nonetheless, the judges have conditioned the audience to like all of David's performances whether they were actually good or not.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-i...arch-19510.aspx

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If I have to hear one more news commentary on David Archeleta I think I am going to puke!

What is the matter with these Utahn people?? Have they never seen a celeb before??! OMG! Every 10 minutes they have to update us on David whogivesafu*karcheleta. Just cus he's from Utah!!!!

They have little kids walking around here with signs saying, "I don't like "Cook"ing! I love David Archuleta."

Unfortunatly, even if David Cook wins us living in Utah will never hear the end of David Archuleta.

My husband changes the channel as soon as he hears the first note of the American Idol melody.

It's not allowed in our home, period! He has to quickly change the channel on the news cast as soon as they even mention the name David. lol

UGH!! I wish the would get over it already!!!

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want David A. to win; but I think David C. is going to.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
If I have to hear one more news commentary on David Archeleta I think I am going to puke!

What is the matter with these Utahn people?? Have they never seen a celeb before??! OMG! Every 10 minutes they have to update us on David whogivesafu*karcheleta. Just cus he's from Utah!!!!

They have little kids walking around here with signs saying, "I don't like "Cook"ing! I love David Archuleta."

Unfortunatly, even if David Cook wins us living in Utah will never hear the end of David Archuleta.

My husband changes the channel as soon as he hears the first note of the American Idol melody.

It's not allowed in our home, period! He has to quickly change the channel on the news cast as soon as they even mention the name David. lol

UGH!! I wish the would get over it already!!!

Ouch!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline
I want David A. to win; but I think David C. is going to.

I'm hoping not. While I really like David Cook, he's ready for a contract. Him winning would really only hinder his upcoming career.

David A is young, and not so ready for a contract/career I don't think. I also think that his being so young and innocent is good for the reputation of the show and the title of american idol.

But that's me.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I like both Davids and will be happy for either. But from a style standpoint, I think it's better if David C doesn't win so he can make the music he really would like to. David A is more AI's style IMO and would do better with having to sing the winning song everywhere unless the song is somehow going to sound good with David C. I like David C's style better.

I still think David A is a sweetheart and I'd rather hear him saying gosh a bunch of time than have a foul mouth that has to be bleeped out. :P He is a nice kid. There aren't many of those these days it seems.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I still think David A is a sweetheart and I'd rather hear him saying gosh a bunch of time than have a foul mouth that has to be bleeped out. :P He is a nice kid. There aren't many of those these days it seems.

I agree! What kind of message are we sending to all the AI fans who are children when we make fun of him for being too nice?

Anyway, I really do enjoy David C. but I agree with others that he's already all set career-wise. Team Archuleta! :dance:

A win by David A. will be a win for all Clay Aikan supporters that fell short of the gold... However, my vote is for David C.

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
A win by David A. will be a win for all Clay Aikan supporters that fell short of the gold... However, my vote is for David C.

I don't think David A and Clay Aiken are very much a like at all. They both have great voices...besides that? I like David A a lot more than Clay...I voted for Ruben that year anyway.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I don't think David A and Clay Aiken are very much a like at all. They both have great voices...besides that? I like David A a lot more than Clay...I voted for Ruben that year anyway.

They are both gay, but they sing very differently. You are correct...