American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Has anyone else noticed that Syesha has been acting a bit differently in her interviews? It made me wonder whether she received some coaching on how to be more likable on camera.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My money was really betting on David C last night. I was extremely dissapointed with his first song, but as I listened I figured it was probably just me. To my surprise the judges agreed. His second song was better, but to be honest I expected much more. Shame, but I still like him.

Sayesha has really grown, and although she is not my top choice, she deserves to be there for now.

Jason....oye! He is just up against too much talent, its time now.

David A really did hit the mark on both songs.

I know many of you don't care for him, but he and David C are going to be the final 2 IMO. David C definately is more professional, but David A nudges him a bit with consistency. Either way, I think I would be happy for whoever won with the exception of Jason. I am still wishing Carly was still in there.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

man i hate traveling and not being able to watch AI! :(

eta: not that i hate traveling. but that i don't have a tv/time to watch AI with! :)

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Contestant - DialIdol Score - DialIdol Range

David Cook - 23.2 - 1

David Archuleta - 19.9 - 2 - 3

Syesha Mercado - 18.72 - 2 - 3

Jason Castro - 10.94 - 4

Edited by keltic

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

AI - I don't quite know what to make of it this year.

Some fairly good talent has been sacrificed for teeny bopper idolism. Maybe that is what the American "Idol" is supposed to be about. This is truly a shame. Again I state my opinion that Jason's future is in posters sold in the stationary department at Wal-Mart. In my day it was Farrah Fawcet. The two have 1 thing in common: No real skill but looks that will make them millions.

I miss Carly. She was awesome in her own right. The 2 David's and Syesha are all very good. Of those remaining, I personally feel that David A. is the one you either like or do not like. I have yet to hear him really belt out a song and give a good, strong performance. But he does a great ballad. Syesha and David C. both have strong voices but are limited a bit by certain genre's. David's being more R&R and Syesha could be a Broadway diva. All could be the next AI with the proper coaching that comes with the title. I would of liked to hear David A. try a Simon & Garfunkel tune, maybe "The Boxer" or "Scarborough Fair". I think he would have rocked. Nice combo of ballad and power. Personally I think David C. will win it but would like to see him place instead. I think that he would do well for himself outside of AI. Daughtry has done huge things for himself since not winning on AI and I would like to see David C. do the same. I just do not know if he has the savvy to accomplish what Daughtry did.

Take it or leave it. It is just one man's opinion.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Well, I'm gonna have to back David A. tonight. I agreed with Simon about crushing the competition.

Jason should go home, though I secretly hope that he will stay.

Same here.

I like David C and David A both. I think David A is adorable and has the best voice of them all even if I don't like his style the best. I find it interesting that some people don't like him at all. I think he's a sweetie. He's so young.

But I also like Jason a lot, even though he seems not to push out his vocals enough during songs. I am still not crazy about Syesha. I think she has a decent voice, but now she is just acting like someone else every time she sings. I think she should have gone before Carly.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I have never phoned in my vote before, but i tried lastnight lol I wanted to make sure David Cook didnt turn into another Melinda and get booted off. But both numbers were busy for the 30 minutes i tried.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Somebody needs to tell the truth up in here.

Mr. Cook - You ROCK!!! I'd pay to see his shows...

Syesha Mercado - There are no words to express how sweet her voice is, but her body looks funny to me.

Jason Castro - This guy is terrible. The Aussie Rock guy was three million times better and should have been in his position. Ewwwww!!!!

David Archuleta is an average singer with good but not great voice who is probaby heavily supported by the gay community. We all know he's gay gay gay... Another Clay but half as good...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

jason took that very well... he looked like he was having fun!!

tony_1.gif

I think Jason knew he would be going.

Probably will be a 2 David final......GO DAVID COOK :dance:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1