Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Believe me, I am completely chill about this! Its not like my life is gonna change based on who wins this thing. :lol:

And I know what you were getting at. I was merely making an observation regarding the "decision" of the public. What seems great during the season doesn't always translate well on the charts, was all I meant.

Its all good.

I'm still fully convinced that the only reason Taylor won is because Simon said that America would never vote him an American Idol during his audition. Americans are rebels at heart.

Of course, I have a lot of half-baked theories.

:P

Interesting.

So what's your half-baked theory on Ruben's clunker of a career?

I mean "Celebrate Me Home"??? #######? What does that even mean??? And then there was that "Sorry 2004" Oy! :blink:

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Believe me, I am completely chill about this! Its not like my life is gonna change based on who wins this thing. :lol:

And I know what you were getting at. I was merely making an observation regarding the "decision" of the public. What seems great during the season doesn't always translate well on the charts, was all I meant.

Its all good.

I'm still fully convinced that the only reason Taylor won is because Simon said that America would never vote him an American Idol during his audition. Americans are rebels at heart.

Of course, I have a lot of half-baked theories.

:P

Interesting.

So what's your half-baked theory on Ruben's clunker of a career?

I mean "Celebrate Me Home"??? #######? What does that even mean??? And then there was that "Sorry 2004" Oy! :blink:

I've been catching up with season 2 on American Idol Rewind (I only started watching AI season 5) and I can't figure out how Ruben won that one. But my goodness, do you see Clay last night? :blink: It looked as if he'd been smacked with a giant powder puff.

Timeline

Oh, I saw Clay last night, alright! And people said he looked bad when he was first on AI! He's put on weight, which doesn't suit him and the hari. Oh, the hair! He needs to revist the AI stylists again cos someone has sure done him wrong wth those locks!

Timeline
Hey I loved Ruben! :P

Did you buy his album?

Don't get me wrong, Ruben has a great voice but he had horrible songs and he can't sing more than 2 songs in a row without sweating like a massive pig. He gets all out of breath and has to leave the stage. He isn't fit enough to tour. (I saw the Season 2 Tour)

ETA: I did notice you loved Ruben, as in the past! So the haunting anthem, "Celebrate Me Home" hasn't won you back yet? :P

Edited by julezabelle

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Hey I loved Ruben! :P

Did you buy his album?

Don't get me wrong, Ruben has a great voice but he had horrible songs and he can't sing more than 2 songs in a row without sweating like a massive pig. He gets all out of breath and has to leave the stage. He isn't fit enough to tour. (I saw the Season 2 Tour)

ETA: I did notice you loved Ruben, as in the past! So the haunting anthem, "Celebrate Me Home" hasn't won you back yet? :P

:lol: Actually I am a bad fan. Never bought any of his albums(or any other AI contestants albums). My sister bought one awhile ago, the gospel one. I agree most of his songs stunk. It seems hard for the winners to actually make good records. Kelly Clarkson is doing good now but it took a couple years.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am.

Geez calm down people!

The public has spoken!

The public also spoke when Taylor Hicks won. He pretty much crashed and burned thanks to lack of public interest in his album.

Oh well. What are you gonna do?

*not what are YOU gonna do, but what's the alternative?

And anyway, I was pretty much just responding to the name-calling of the fanbases of certain contestants that one does not like. I just don't think it needs to be taken so seriously. I remember back in Taylor's season things got way too heated for an AI thread and people just got really pissed and nasty about it all.

Is there a problem with voicing your opinion on a public forum? I certainly don't have a problem that many people don't like David A, and voice it very openly. Its their opinion and are entitled to it, like I am. Jeez, just venting a bit, don't get your noses out of joint here. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
I am.

Geez calm down people!

The public has spoken!

The public also spoke when Taylor Hicks won. He pretty much crashed and burned thanks to lack of public interest in his album.

And anyway, I was pretty much just responding to the name-calling of the fanbases of certain contestants that one does not like. I just don't think it needs to be taken so seriously. I remember back in Taylor's season things got way too heated for an AI thread and people just got really pissed and nasty about it all.

Is there a problem with voicing your opinion on a public forum? I certainly don't have a problem that many people don't like David A, and voice it very openly. Its their opinion and are entitled to it, like I am. Jeez, just venting a bit, don't get your noses out of joint here. :wacko:

Right back at ya.

I just think it's one thing to give your opinion about a contestant and another to call all of the people who voted for that person "stupid". But we can agree to disagree, I guess.

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline
I am.

Geez calm down people!

The public has spoken!

Right back at ya.

I just think it's one thing to give your opinion about a contestant and another to call all of the people who voted for that person "stupid". But we can agree to disagree, I guess.

I can agree to disagree as well. Hey, I know there are fans here of Jason, but I just don't get it. To me he has no talent and really has no business being there. I view that he has a fan base based on young girls that are so busy looking at his eyes that they don't hear his voice. Now I agree, David A has the same thing going on. I just think his voice outshines Jason's.

Really, I am sorry if that sounded like an attack on anyone here. Sometimes I am a bit drama :girlwerewolf2xn: It just caught me off guard that Carly went before some of the others.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
I can agree to disagree as well. Hey, I know there are fans here of Jason, but I just don't get it. To me he has no talent and really has no business being there. I view that he has a fan base based on young girls that are so busy looking at his eyes that they don't hear his voice. Now I agree, David A has the same thing going on. I just think his voice outshines Jason's.

Really, I am sorry if that sounded like an attack on anyone here. Sometimes I am a bit drama :girlwerewolf2xn:It just caught me off guard that Carly went before some of the others.

Well we can definitely agree on that one! My half-baked theory about that is that it's because she's not American (same thing with Michael Johns).

Timeline

Really, I am sorry if that sounded like an attack on anyone here. Sometimes I am a bit drama :girlwerewolf2xn:It just caught me off guard that Carly went before some of the others.

Well we can definitely agree on that one! My half-baked theory about that is that it's because she's not American (same thing with Michael Johns).

I never really thought of it that way. Now that would really suck if that were true. I could go on and on about not being american...lol more drama!

I didn't think Michael John's was the best either, but he did go way to soon. One good thing though, all of these contestants have been seen, and I think it is going to set some roots into their futures.

Paula thought the contestants sang 2 songs already :blink:

What show is she watching?!?!?!?

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1