Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

David A. has a great voice, but it's only great when he's singing ballads. Very one dimensional, IMHO.

I love David Cook because he can sing all sorts of different stuff and it doesn't sound strange, he can adapt stuff to fit his voice and style. I love him all the more after saying a great Canadian band is his favourite (OLP FTW) -- but I was disappointed with last night. It's not one of my favourite OLP songs and it wasn't his best performance.

In fact, I was disappointed with the whole night in general. No one really impressed me, I found myself agreeing with Simon a lot last night.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I loved David A. Michael did good, but I don't see him going all the way to the end. Carly and David C was a disappointment, but I don't think it was bad enough to put them in the bottom 3. Sayesha and Kristy (blah( was good. I just plain didn't get Jason, and I vote that as the worst of the night, although the judges liked it. Brooke has again disappointed me. My guess for the bottom 3 will be Sayesh, Kristy, and Brook.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Me neither, he's like a blow up doll for teenage girls.

I have to say, overall, I found the whole show to be uninspiring. The only performance I kind of liked was Michael Johns. I seriously don't get the big fuss over David A.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Me neither, he's like a blow up doll for teenage girls.

I have to say, overall, I found the whole show to be uninspiring. The only performance I kind of liked was Michael Johns. I seriously don't get the big fuss over David A.

:rofl: good analogy!

And I totally agree with Cassie. David A. is one-dimensional.

David C. rocks my world, even when he has a not so good performance!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I thought Carly was good but I had to agree with Simon, she overdid it a little on that song.

I liked David A and Jason Castro. Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel K. (don't ask for his last name...too hard, haha) is my alltime favorite and I don't know how often I've listened to that song in the past years (even my one year old knows the text by now :lol: ).

Other than that, I thought David Cook was allright and Brooke was just plain out boring ( I don't even remember her singing).

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm DVRing it. It's Idol Gives Back tonight, right? Elimination is tomorrow night?

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

I'm DVRing it. It's Idol Gives Back tonight, right? Elimination is tomorrow night?

Yep, Eveline :)

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline
Why is Teri Hatcher singing on my TV screen? And Matt Parkman on drums? :huh:

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Gives Back hoo-ha. You have just posted 2 good reasons that support my decision. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Gives Back hoo-ha. You have just posted 2 good reasons that support my decision. :thumbs:

:rofl:

There were a few good performances. I enjoyed Heart, Annie Lennox, and Carrie Underwood. Overall, you didn't miss much though. I even dozed off towards the end. Luckily I woke up in time for Top Chef!

Timeline

:rofl:

There were a few good performances. I enjoyed Heart, Annie Lennox, and Carrie Underwood. Overall, you didn't miss much though. I even dozed off towards the end. Luckily I woke up in time for Top Chef!

I (L) Top Chef!! I didn't see that last night though, so don't tell me who goes!!! We need a Top Chef 2008 thread!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I've never been in to these sort of themed shows. Look at me, I own a Rolls-Royce Phantom, make millions upon millions, and now I am walking with common folk. Not interested. I skipped it completely.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG