Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
We pay $8/month for DVR. We can watch anything we want any time we want. I don't get why more people don't get DVR service.

Can someone explain to me why they like American Idol? To me it's like watching amateur karaoke hour. Anyone got some sort of explanation?

Because of the auditions!! :lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that hippie woman had some serious issues. Simon wasn't rude to her and she had to show off showing the finger, dumbass!!

Are the episodes tonight a repeat of yesterday?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
that hippie woman had some serious issues. Simon wasn't rude to her and she had to show off showing the finger, dumbass!!

Nope, new episode tonight! :dance:

(Dallas auditions)

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think they had some pretty good ones last night. That Princess Leia chick cracked me up, though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I missed Princess Leia, I only watched the first hour. I wish they'd repeat on weekends.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I think "Go Down Moses" guy is my favorite, ever.

I still keep laughing about that guy! I wish I could get the "let my people go" line out of my head! That was hilarious!

I also love the Princess Leia chick's monologue about how they picked all cookie cutter people and as she's raving they show how diverse the picks actually were! :lol: There are some real looney people on that show!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

she cracked me up!!! :lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Timeline

I still keep laughing about that guy! I wish I could get the "let my people go" line out of my head! That was hilarious!

I also love the Princess Leia chick's monologue about how they picked all cookie cutter people and as she's raving they show how diverse the picks actually were! :lol: There are some real looney people on that show!

That would be 'let my pipple go'. :lol::lol::lol:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

That would be 'let my pipple go'. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
All right, it's season 7 of American Idol. There's a lot of talk about changes, but let's just watch and see, shall we?

We're in for hours and hours of auditions, not my favorite part, but such is life. Tonight's it's two hours of coverage from the Philadelphia auditions.

First up is Joey Catalano, whose story is that he's lost more than 200 pounds. But can he sing? He takes on Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning," and it's not bad. He's in, though Simon has reservations about his charisma. (And also yells at him to "put some weight on" as he goes out the door. And so it begins.)

Yuka from Egypt loves America and American music and the Bee-Gees. I think he is doing his best Borat impression (as in when he says that he loves women "from the hair to the nipple"). He attempts "How Deep Is Your Love," and the best Paula can say is that she is impressed "with how you phonetically learned the song." Simon tries to make her say that he isn't good, but she won't. He gets nos.

Melanie Nyema, who sang backup for Taylor Hicks, is next. She sings "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. Paula loves her, Simon is indifferent, and Randy says yes, but that she needs to learn to emote a little more if she wants to do better than the other backup singers from last season (which seems like an unnecessary dig at Miss Melinda Doolittle).

Tour guide James Lewis claims to have a unique voice, compares himself to Paul Robeson or Eddie Vedder and says he's good at anything low. He sounds like a slowed-down record as he sings "Go Down Moses." Paula and Randy lose it completely. It's a no, but James says he is going to try out next year with contemporary songs.

Montage of shattering notes (that broke the Liberty Bell, har har har) and other badness.

Junot Joyner of Bowie busts out with "The Blues" by Elton John, and the first thing anyone says is Simon: "You have a very good voice!" He's through, as are a couple of other people.

Temptress Browne, a 16-year-old middle linebacker, says she is doing this for her mother who is ill. She sings "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going," and it's not excellent. Simon says she is a sweetheart, and he likes her, but that she is not a great singer and she took on one of the "biggest songs in the world." She cries, and they tell her not to be hard on herself. They give her a hug, and Paula tells her to be proud of herself. They all walk her out and tell her friends and family they are proud.

Mark Hayes is really proud of his cricket noise. He should have worked harder on his singer as he gives a really yawn-inducing version of "White Christmas" that of course gets the sound editors bringing back that cricket sound.

Finance worker Udi says he has incorporated music into his workplace. I bet that went over well. He says he's been compared to Manilow and Sinatra. He sings "My Way." Simon asks if he honestly thought he had a chance to get through. He says yes. Simon: "Well then, you're nuts." He says he sang one note and it was really disturbing. Udi says, "Can you explain?" Simon: "I just did!"

And tonight's bad montage is "I Love Rock N Roll."

And tonight's designated crazy is Alexis Cohen. She says she likes things that shine, and it shows, since she is covered in glitter. She says she is from Allentown, Pa., which has a song about it, which she says is by, she thinks, Bon Jovi. Wonder what Billy Joel thinks about that. She tells the judges her voice has been compared to Janis Joplin, Grace Slick and Pat Benetar. She actually isn't as bad as I was thinking, but it was a little copycat. They tell her this is not the route for her, that they think she will a good vet or in a 60s cover band. She says thanks and leaves. She starts her meltdown in the hall. Meanwhile, back in the audition room, Simon calls to unseen people and asks them who played the Green Goblin in the Spider-Man movies. "That's it, Willem Dafoe!" And then I lose it. "Thank you, I will leave with my dignity," she says. Then in the little confessional room, she goes crazier and also adds that she is going to try "actressing." Can I just say, they weren't even mean to her? (Well, at least not while she was in the room.)

Montage of family support.

Angela Martin's daughter has Rett's Syndrome. She says she is doing this for her daughter and with the support of her whole family. She tells Simon she supports herself as a singer in a band that plays events. She sings "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." He says she has a good voice, but that she needs to unlearn some bad habits she gained as a wedding singer. It's three yeses, and her family goes crazy on her behalf.

Alyse Wojicechowski screams her audition. Then there are more loud but bad attempts by others.

Now we have the annual person who is clearly outside the age group. This year it is Milo Turk, who wants to sing his message to young people, called "No Sex Allowed." Also, he is wearing a leopard print fleece vest. He tells Simon he is 39. Then he sings his song. Simon: "In Britain, we call it creepy." They say they can't even vote since he's too old. COP OUT!

Kristy Lee Cook from Selma, Ore., is an outdoorswoman and a cage fighter. She sings "Amazing Grace" with a little twang. Simon says she has a country vibe but also evokes the 1960s. She gets three absolutelys. Simon tells her to come back with more confidence next time.

Benjamin is wearing a giant cloak and looks embarassed about it. Simon looks annoyed. He removes his cloak and is wearing a disturbing costume. Paula obsesses over his chest hair, so he offers to wax himself. She says OK and he leaves. Yeah, that'll end well.

Bad auditions and cursing.

Paul Marturano of New Hope, Pa., sings a love song he wrote for Paula Abdul -- it's a song about breaking into her house and trying on her underwear. "I'm not much of a talker, so I guess I'll stalk her. If she was a doggie, I would walk her. If she was a blackboard, I would chalk her. ... If she was a bathtub, I would caulk her." He gets kicked out of the room. Simon says it was really creepy, and he really wants him to leave. But that was the most hilarious moment of the whole night. Edit: Rumor is, that was all an act. Which isn't surprising, but it's still funny. (See the video above if you care to.)

Speaking of stalkers, Beth Stalker is next. She is a stay-at-home mom who sings in clubs at night to make her living. Simon says she isn't a bad singer, but he doesn't think she would stand out at all. But Paula and Randy say yes, so she is through.

Benjamin Haar is back and waxed. He says he's going to sing "Don'tcha." He gets two words out, and they stop him and kick him out.

Chris Watson says he wants to be a legend. He sings "Follow Me" by Uncle Kracker. Simon says he looks like a star and he sounded good, too. Randy says his voice is good and interesting. And Paula likes him, too. He's in.

Christina Tolisano, a 24-year-old Star Wars junkie, is next. How do I know that? Her belt. Her hair. And she tells everyone. Also, she says she has a good voice and she believes in herself and her abilities. She sings "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me." She actually starts out OK, but then it gets a little odd. Randy says it's a no, Paula says she's a great girl and that she enjoyed the audition, but no. She leaves and cries and curses in front of her grandparents. In the confessional, she rants about how they are looking for the same old, same old.

Nanny Brooke White says she's never seen an R-rated movie. She sings Corinne Bailey Rae's "Like a Star." Randy says she has a pure. Simon says she's very sincere and good. So she is a yes, and she is through.

Ryan Seacrest says they took 29 from Philly.

Outside, Christina says they want people who are all exactly the same, and that they need something different, and they are not allowing it. This over a montage of all the people who have made it through, who seem to show a lot of diversity and variety.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go learn all the words to Paul's stalker song.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainm...aaaaaaaack.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OMG! He was a riot! Of course when that guy from Egypt was auditioning I had to call my husband in to watch. He was like "His english is BAD!" :whistle:

Timeline
yeah, I couldn't understand why the hippie chick got upset... Simon didn't say anything bad to her... unless they edited that part out :unsure:

It's ok, she has a back up plan to pursue actressing.