Jenn!

American Idol 2008

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good: David Cook, Carly Smithson, David Archuleta, Michael Johns

On the Fence: Syesha Mercado

OK: Brooke White, Ramiele Maubay, Jason Castro, Kristy Lee Cook

I must say, I am very disappointed in Ramiele and Jason. I like Jason Castro, but compared to some of his other stuff, he has been kind of blah the last 2 weeks. And Ramiele. When she auditioned I was like "the girl can sing" but now, everything she sings, there is no variation. Her voice stays the exact same, she does not do anything with it.

My favorites....its a tie between David Cook and Michael Johns....loved David Cook last night. David Archuleta and Carly come in close after them.

Syesha....she should not have done that Whitney ending....wrong wrong wrong. She was fine until that point.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

david and archuleta killed it, they were awesome..

and yea, syesha got one of the hardest songs ever lol.. if you can't sing it like whitney, it doesn't count.. that's the way it is

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree. That song is waaaay to big for her. I mean she is an excellent singer, don't get me wrong but don't sing Whitney Houston songs if you are not whitney houston. Leave it to her. I think Seyesha will be safe though. On the fence (my opinion) are Ramiele, Kristy Lee (although she'll probably skate through AGAIN) and Jason.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I really want Kristy to go, but country is her thing, so I think we will have to bear through another week with her. Ramiele just wasn't. Sayesha was okay, but yeah, no Whitney. Jason, well I am just bored with him.

My favorites were David A and David C and Carly. Can't say I care much for Michael although the judges seemed pleased. Brook is good, but for some reason she was off on this, and I had hopes for her with country.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My top 3 were:

David C (consistently awesome)

Carly (i like her more every week)

David A (seemed to really sing that song from his soul last night)

I have to say I don't think any of them were terrible. I am still a Jason C fan, but I think he needs to stop worrying about all the girls in the audience and more on his performances. Ever notice how excited he gets when he hears girls in the audience going ga ga over him? He pays more attention to that than he does the judge's advice. C'mon Jason get serious!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

I just don't get the girls screaming over Jason. He has nice eyes, I will give him that, but his dreads are just ewwww and he always has that dumb SH## look on his face. I think he should go to the beach, play his guitar, and surf, because that is what he reminds me of. I don't see him as star quality.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My faves from lasta night were David C., Carly and Michael Johns. They were hawt, baby, hawt!

My bottom 4: Ramiele, Kristy Lee, Jason Castro and Syesha. Sorry, but no one should sing that song but Whitney. There's always one girl every season who thinks she can sing Whitney, and it just ain't true!

Don't care one way or the other: Brook and David A. I just really don't see what all the fuss is with David A. He's a fine ballad singer, but has yet to knock my socks off.

I just don't get the girls screaming over Jason. He has nice eyes, I will give him that, but his dreads are just ewwww and he always has that dumb SH## look on his face. I think he should go to the beach, play his guitar, and surf, because that is what he reminds me of. I don't see him as star quality.

He forever looks as if he just had a few bong hits.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

The BEST: David Cook and Michael Johns

The WORST: Ramiele ---- I really think she should go this week! She was the only one I DIDN'T like at all! I even sort of liked Kristy (who I normally can't stand!)

I really was impressed with Syesha last night. I know this song was written by Dolly but made more famous by Whitney so I really tried to forget Whitney's version and imagine it was Syesha's song. With that being said, I thought she did a GREAT job.

Carly was good too but I just don't love her personality for some reason.

Brooke I have loved in the past but last night she was ehhhhhhhh... (I would hate to see her go though)

Oh yeah David Archuleta was very good too. I love his voice! I can see him in the future doing Christian Rock music or something. LOL~!

Jason was also pretty good...but I wouldn't vote for him.

And Wow Dolly is awesome. She writes some damn good songs! :D

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only three I didn't vote for last night were Kristy, Syesha, and Ramiele.

That was a very good song for Michael Johns. I'm wondering if he sucked (IMO) the first several weeks of the season because of nerves. He's been moving up in my book.

And while I personally like Jason Castro a lot (I would buy an album of his in a second), I don't think the general public is quite ready for a stoner to be a mainstream star. (I even think it's a stretch for Carly with her tattoos and her tattooed/pierced husband - people are turned off when they think someone is not so "wholesome" I think)

And Jen, I thought about David A. doing Christian rock too, in the middle of his performance last night. I wonder if that's his thing or not.

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

That was a very good song for Michael Johns. I'm wondering if he sucked (IMO) the first several weeks of the season because of nerves. He's been moving up in my book.

And while I personally like Jason Castro a lot (I would buy an album of his in a second), I don't think the general public is quite ready for a stoner to be a mainstream star. (I even think it's a stretch for Carly with her tattoos and her tattooed/pierced husband - people are turned off when they think someone is not so "wholesome" I think)

And Jen, I thought about David A. doing Christian rock too, in the middle of his performance last night. I wonder if that's his thing or not.

David A is from Utah, a well known Mormon and my home town. He could do that, but I still see him as star material. Mormons can be stars and still honor their religion. Remember the Osmonds? Donny, and Marie? They did pretty good back in their day.

Hey that reminds me, I cut Donny Osmonds sons hair once....lol My brother was friends with his brother in law. I guess if that is my biggest accomplishment, its pretty pathetic...lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

David A is from Utah, a well known Mormon and my home town. He could do that, but I still see him as star material. Mormons can be stars and still honor their religion. Remember the Osmonds? Donny, and Marie? They did pretty good back in their day.

Hey that reminds me, I cut Donny Osmonds sons hair once....lol My brother was friends with his brother in law. I guess if that is my biggest accomplishment, its pretty pathetic...lol

Did you save a lock to sell on eBay? :lol:

I forgot about the Utah thing. Do you mean he's from your hometown which is 100% Mormon, so he must be Mormon? Or have they said that he's Mormon. I must have missed that. Yeah, the Osmonds....but do you think they would make it nowadays? I'm not so sure - for better or worse.

Timeline

Did you save a lock to sell on eBay? :lol:

hahahahaha

I forgot about the Utah thing. Do you mean he's from your hometown which is 100% Mormon, so he must be Mormon? Or have they said that he's Mormon. I must have missed that. Yeah, the Osmonds....but do you think they would make it nowadays? I'm not so sure - for better or worse.

From what I have heard he is Mormon. The state isn't 100% Mormon, but there is a large amount. If I remember correctly, if you fly above Utah they can't serve alcoholic beverages. That could be old however. He is from Murray, which is about 20 miles north of my home. Close to Salt Lake City. My home town is way more mormon than Murray however. Good people. Not all, but the ones that live the religion are really nice. My husband was amazed at how all of our neighbors are alway at the door bringing cookies and helping him learn how to do yard work.

Could the Osmonds make it now? Hmmmm...hard to say because the styles change so much through the years. Perhaps, perhaps not.

my mormon friends all tell me that brooke and david are both mormon.

Brook is, she pointed that out at the beginning of the show. Is she the one that said she has never seen an "R" rated show?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yah but i don't think she mentioned she was mormon. just a lot of hints. no smoking, drinking, etc. plus you can tell by her dress she wears garments under there! (i think my friend mentioned she saw garments peaking out from under david's dad in a picture of him)

i don't see david as star potential. i do LIKE him. but i just don't see where he'd fit in. maybe broadway? or like i said...a religious star. what the hell do i know? i'm no music exec! :)

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg