brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
:help: MAWNIN ladies,

I'm up early (just finish exercising). Since we're all talking about getting great in 2008 I have a CONFESSION.

1. Yesterday I ate a WHOLE avacado in the morning with my cornflakes then;

2. I ate a TWIX chocolate bar with my lunch; then

3. I ate another avacado for dinner, but HALF.

What's wrong with me...I can't stay away from that FRUIT or is it a VEGETABLE. ( I know it's suppose to be good FAT, but it's very FATTING). The chocolate bar (was just a treat) I've not had one of those in months. I'm an emotional eater and when something taste really, really good I lose my mind. To tell you the truth, if my mom hadn't taken the other 3 avacados I would have eaten them. It does something to me and I just can't explain it. :help:

:help: My daughter made brownies las night and I ate not one but two....no three :whistle: Todays a new day :thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been going to the gym every week day morning for two years and I am still fat :angry: Damn meds I am on are a killer for loosing weight :unsure:

What are u taking? What kind of work out do you do.

I do cardio for about 35 minutes and then do weights for 25 to 30 but primarily for toning.

Do your clothes fit differently? I'm no expert, but my guess would be you need to step up the Cardo. Your probably building muscle with those weights.

Building muscle will make you feel great and will boost your metabolism rate which equals more burned calories. Weight training is not only good for building muscle and burning fat (weight training can actually burn more fat than aerobic exercises) but is also great to keep your bones and joints healthy. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all in '08. :thumbs:

Yes I think building muscle will help you burn more cal in a long run, but her case she said shes been working out for two years, I was suggesting she lay off the weights until she reach her weight goal. I guesss it depends on what her goals are. You really cant tell your losing weight when your building muscle unless your takin measurement.

One thing to remember about the fruit smoothies is that fruit breaks down into sugar. So with fruit smoothies you aren't getting protein your just getting a daily alotment of fruit and lots of sugar along with it. These protein shakes are like the equivalent of eating a steak or beans or fish.....you know...something really high in protein. So they can be very good for a workout in helping to build mass and toning muscles. Remember that crazy diet where people were eating all protein and no carbs, and they were losing all this weight, well these shakes are kinda like that, except it has carbs in it too to give you energy, thats why they are really good when you workout. I drank about 16oz in the morning for breakfast, and it energized me all day, then i worked out at night.

My input is that it's all about plenty of protein and plenty of water.

I agree with you both. It depends on what your goals are, If you want to build muscle use protein, but some forms are hard to beakdown that's why you should drink plenty of water to help keep your kidneys flushed out and stay hydrated. I use the drinks for enery and a nutrient source, I mix the protein powder with regular protein drinks like slimfast to get some added nutrients as well. Also I don't eat very much meat so it helps me get my that in. Mostly, I think weight loss is about eating less and working out more. I also feel like you can look like you've dropped more weight than you have with a more toned appearence when you build muscle which is probably more healthy in the long run like Jesse suggested anyway.

The articles I suggest are not intended to offend anyone in anyway. I learned in my health promotion class when suggesting health information to try and use a trust worthy site. Meaning the information has been reviewd by a group of medical professionals and/or peers, at least an MD. Sometimes I read stuff that's interersting and jus want to share. What you choose to do or not to with the information is up to you. :blush:

I'm up early (just finish exercising). Since we're all talking about getting great in 2008 I have a CONFESSION.

What's wrong with me...I can't stay away from that FRUIT or is it a VEGETABLE. ( I know it's suppose to be good FAT, but it's very FATTING). The chocolate bar (was just a treat) I've not had one of those in months. I'm an emotional eater and when something taste really, really good I lose my mind. To tell you the truth, if my mom hadn't taken the other 3 avacados I would have eaten them. It does something to me and I just can't explain it. :help:

All we can do now is work it off :dance:

I've been going to the gym every week day morning for two years and I am still fat :angry: Damn meds I am on are a killer for loosing weight :unsure:

I do cardio for about 35 minutes and then do weights for 25 to 30 but primarily for toning.

Do your clothes fit differently? I'm no expert, but my guess would be you need to step up the Cardo. Your probably building muscle with those weights.

Building muscle will make you feel great and will boost your metabolism rate which equals more burned calories. Weight training is not only good for building muscle and burning fat (weight training can actually burn more fat than aerobic exercises) but is also great to keep your bones and joints healthy. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all in '08. :thumbs:

Yes I think building muscle will help you burn more cal in a long run, but her case she said shes been working out for two years, I was suggesting she lay off the weights until she reach her weight goal. I guesss it depends on what her goals are. You really cant tell your losing weight when your building muscle unless your takin measurement.

If the weight training/workout isn't accompanied by a nutritious and high-protein diet, the body won't be prone to making any notable muscular advances.

Anyway, jasman, have you tried 'calorie spiking'? I'm guessing you need to try other means of increasing your metabolic rate.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

I don't think this question has been officially asked, (but has been answered by a couple)... Just curious what workout/exercise is popular on this thread. I do boxing and kickboxing.

Side note, am I the only male here?

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If the weight training/workout isn't accompanied by a nutritious and high-protein diet, the body won't be prone to making any notable muscular advances.

Anyway, jasman, have you tried 'calorie spiking'? I'm guessing you need to try other means of increasing your metabolic rate.

True, Muscle does weigh a lot more than fat. I personally am not concerned about loosing pounds, Im more interested about loosing inches and getting back into my old pants. :blush: Another misconception that a lot of women have is if they begin a weight training regimen, they will start to look like a man, which is totally wrong (unless you are taking steroids). A woman does not have the genetics that a man will have and will tone and fill out very nice when they add weight training to their exercise. And BTW, your not the only Male on this thread. :thumbs:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have read from several reputable sources,Oprah's Dr. Oz as one, that doing resistance training is more beneficial to burning fat then actual aerobics.

I have also heard, but do not know how true it is, that any aerobics over 30 min is not beneficial as taking a break and working out 30 min another time..

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Great thread

I need to lose this baby weight:

- Tuck In Yuh Belly applies to me now :crying: mi belly bang bad bad

- Mi thighs dem need dem hown zip code :crying:

Any advice for losing these problem areas?

My eating habits are whack because I'm on Gavin's schedule so I'm grabbing what's quick and convenient to eat, which isn't always the best thing to do.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline

JONESIE........mi deh yah a dead wid laugh... girl that was too funny. At least you don't have a 4-year-old boy telling you "HEY MOMMY, you GIGGLE like a moon bounce" -- luv im all di same...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I have read from several reputable sources,Oprah's Dr. Oz as one, that doing resistance training is more beneficial to burning fat then actual aerobics.

I have also heard, but do not know how true it is, that any aerobics over 30 min is not beneficial as taking a break and working out 30 min another time..

I've heard the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:help: My daughter made brownies las night and I ate not one but two....no three :whistle: Todays a new day :thumbs:

Oohhhh "BROWNIES" mi wodda luv fi nyam wan dem :crying:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

I don't think this question has been officially asked, (but has been answered by a couple)... Just curious what workout/exercise is popular on this thread. I do boxing and kickboxing.

Side note, am I the only male here?

I know the females, not sure of any males.

I'm doing or my goals include: cardio daily, when I can get it in, meaning, I jog or run ..the best I can do is 4.5mpr, I guess that's running :wacko: .... on my treadmill at least four days a week for 30-40min sometimes on an incline, with hopes to get my heart rate above 180bpm. I've also started a step arob. class three nights a week for an hour. In addition to Yoga two nights and weight training with free weights and on my husbands boflex machine ...And I found fit TV today while surfing so I'll see what I can get in from there.

Great thread

I need to lose this baby weight:

- Tuck In Yuh Belly applies to me now :crying: mi belly bang bad bad

- Mi thighs dem need dem hown zip code :crying:

Any advice for losing these problem areas?

My eating habits are whack because I'm on Gavin's schedule so I'm grabbing what's quick and convenient to eat, which isn't always the best thing to do.

:lol::lol: I wish I knew, my thighs are my problem area, they jus won't buge. My mother tells me to do leg lifts....iIll be doing those for ever to get rid of these girls. :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey fam...I feel like I have been gone forever. Sorry :blush: I didn't weigh myself at the beginning of the week, so I have no idea, how much I have lost in this past week. I will try to keep up and let you all know next week.

THIS IS MY CONFESSION: I want to lose the weight, but it's just been a little hard for me to get my booty moving. I have been sick this past week, so I haven't felt up to it. I am hoping that with some movement over this long weekend, I can get into the groove. Keep me in your prayers.

Yardie: I think the same concerns that you expressed about yoga, is the reason I have stayed away from it as I had. I was initially told that it was linked to Eastern religions and questioned how I could participate based on my faith. Marlita, I think you raised some great points though.

Congrats to all those who have seen the fruits of their labor. I will have to say that I had 2 Subway chocolate chip cookies yesterday and a slice of birthday cake today :blush: I will do better tomorrow.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.