brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any good weight loss tips?

One word: protein.

Protein boosts your metabolism, in multiple ways, especially if you couple it with some strength-building and aerobic exercise.

As a result, you won't have to reduce your caloric intake much (if at all), meaning that your "diet" will be easier to follow, and you will be less likely to have vitamin deficiencies (which also can inhibit weight loss). You will also increase your muscle tone and mass for long-term weight maintenance/loss and other health benefits.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So far this week at work...parties featuring Cheesecake Factory cake and pizza :help:

Does anyone have ideas on how to enjoy office parties without feeling like, well...a party pooper?

Also how do you deal with "try a little bite, it won't hurt" or other ideas on how to handle saboteurs?

I need to know this secret too! I have no will power.

So far this week at work...parties featuring Cheesecake Factory cake and pizza :help:

Does anyone have ideas on how to enjoy office parties without feeling like, well...a party pooper?

Also how do you deal with "try a little bite, it won't hurt" or other ideas on how to handle saboteurs?

Willpower's the key. Try the bagel instead of the cheesecake, and drink nothing but water. If you do indulge, just get plenty of arobic exercise after. You'll still come out ahead (even if you have some short term weight gain, your metabolism will have risen).

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great KK! I still need to get my hands on a Wii :lol:

Ok...so by reading everyone's posts I've decided to:

- Drink more water and less soda

- Exercise!!!

- Cut down on the carbs

- Eat protein

- Eat more fruits/veggies

Are we gonna weigh in weekly?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Protein boosts your metabolism, in multiple ways, especially if you couple it with some strength-building and aerobic exercise.

As a result, you won't have to reduce your caloric intake much (if at all), meaning that your "diet" will be easier to follow, and you will be less likely to have vitamin deficiencies (which also can inhibit weight loss). You will also increase your muscle tone and mass for long-term weight maintenance/loss and other health benefits.

This what I think I did when I was losing. Thanks for giving me such a great reminder!!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus - I worked out with the Wii Fit over the weekend. I love it!!

I am jealous, mine is still in the box :whistle:

Now that school is done I have to clean and move stuff in the basement so that I can set it up - that's my project for this week

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sus - I worked out with the Wii Fit over the weekend. I love it!!

I am jealous, mine is still in the box :whistle:

Now that school is done I have to clean and move stuff in the basement so that I can set it up - that's my project for this week

Please do!!!It's awesome

Filed: Other Timeline

Hay all nice to see the thread moving along!

I so agree with this! You want to eventually replace as much fat with lean muscle masss. At the same time you have to be eating the right things: lean meat lots of veggies and whole grains.Just losing weight is not good enough, you want to increase you metabolism so that in the long run you stay lean and fit. Increased muscle mass= high metabolism which will come in handly when you want to eat that whole pie during the holidays. Yo can do so and not worry about gaining. Mine is extremely slow, so I have been hitting the weights big time. so far, I have lost two pounds....I know not a lot lol BUT...I have dropped two dress sizes in the past two months and I have energy out the ###!! It's not about the weight anymore for me, infact I stopped weighing my self..its useless!

good luck with every one's fitness goals!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

Willpower's the key. Try the bagel instead of the cheesecake, and drink nothing but water. If you do indulge, just get plenty of arobic exercise after. You'll still come out ahead (even if you have some short term weight gain, your metabolism will have risen).

Willpower..Will you get me some for Christmas!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Willpower..Will you get me some for Christmas!

:rofl::rofl::ot2:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.