brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I did my weigh in this morning since; it's the 1st and it wasn't as bad as I thought. My short term goal is to lose 12 lbs by 12/22/08. I'm starting a "jump start" program for a week. I think a better weigh in day for me would be on Friday...before the weekend :whistle:

Congrats on your weight loss. That's my goal too :thumbs:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone have any good weight loss tips?

Don't eat :whistle:

Honestly, what I have found best for me was to cut back on carbs - I try to not eat them at all, but don't kill myself if I do eat them. Exercise is also key - I used to hate to go to the gym, but then I set my mind that I didn't care if I only did 5 minutes, I had to get there - Once I was there, I worked out longer, and soon it became a natural part of my day.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Honestly, what I have found best for me was to cut back on carbs - I try to not eat them at all, but don't kill myself if I do eat them. Exercise is also key - I used to hate to go to the gym, but then I set my mind that I didn't care if I only did 5 minutes, I had to get there - Once I was there, I worked out longer, and soon it became a natural part of my day.

Ditto - on everything Sus said. Once I clean the "junk" out of my system, I actually feel bad when I eat it. Same with exercise - body feels real sluggish if I don't. I try to set myself that I exercise every day of the week, since I have an office job. On the weekends I never sit down with either working my 2nd job, my kids or working on my house.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Thanks Sus!!

I'm still waiting on my Wii Fit...it is estimated to arrive on Dec. 4th.

Let me know what you think of that. I bought my kids a Wii for x-mas (sport version though, not the fit).

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

Did you follow the Atkins diet? I remember reading that you lost quite a bit of weight and the best part...kept it off. Now that's an accomplishment. I can lose but keeping it off is another thing.

Filed: Timeline
I did my weigh in this morning since; it's the 1st and it wasn't as bad as I thought. My short term goal is to lose 12 lbs by 12/22/08. I'm starting a "jump start" program for a week. I think a better weigh in day for me would be on Friday...before the weekend :whistle:

Congrats on your weight loss. That's my goal too :thumbs:

Thanks!

Timeline
Did you follow the Atkins diet? I remember reading that you lost quite a bit of weight and the best part...kept it off. Now that's an accomplishment. I can lose but keeping it off is another thing.

I have tried Atkins in the past - It works for me but is HARD, because you have to cut out caffeine as well, and I love my coffee!

To be totally honest, I didn't follow any particular diet when I lost all the weight - I moved out of Mommy's house, which had cookies, brownies, and treats galore, and just changed my eating habits and exercise - That was about 15 years ago or so that I lost most of the weight - since then, I have stayed plus or minus 10 lbs of where I want to be -

I like the South Beach diet the best out of the ones that I tried - it's not as restrictive as Atkins - My main secret is to eat in moderation, try to watch my carbs and sweets, exercise is key - and I don't beat myself up if I slip and eat McDs or a bag of M&Ms - tomorrow is a new day, and I just chalk up the slip. Although I try to not let too many slips chalk up :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I agree with Sus don't beat yourself up f u slip-up we are human and we will break the rules sometimes. I gained 4 lbs over the holiday I attibute it to less excercise and a lot of potatoe pie. Now i have to get back on routine . I now refuse to weigh for 2 weeks :angry:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone tried or had success with the Wu Long or Wi Yu teas?

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.