brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What veggies to you specifically hate? Maybe its the texture, flavor or way they are cooked. You should test out some different veggies and see how you like them. I need a juicer too, however I don't think I could drink a veggie juice. I love my blender though for fruits. Yo should look into a bamboo steamer for cooking veggies. It works great. i remember my dad cooking with it all the time when I was younger. You can steam your veggies and add seasoning to them or spray on some dressing and the flavor is great plus you keep all the nutirents.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Mawnin Ladies,

Well, it's offical I'm a full PLEDGED poledancer. I got discourage a few months back and dropped out, but I started my pole-dancing class AGAIN yesterday and in addition to my belly dancing class and I have to say, the weight has not moved much but my clothing is fitting a lot better. People tell me I look slimmer, but I can't see it. I feel it though. It's been 15 years since I last attempted to do a SPLIT at my size and I've still got it. My arms are killing me though. You have to have a lot of upper body strength. The instructor doesn't believe in using weights, she does free hand exercise and she looks like she's been lifting weights her whole life. You exercise until your arms start to burn.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've been working like crazy again and taking care of a family member so I haven't been to the gym lately. Damien and I worked out together yesterday :dead:

I actually gained weight while bellydancing. Not from bellydancing....bad eating habits. People always tell me I look slimmer. Bellydancing is really good for you hips, stomach and lower back. Most of the love handles are gone.

Filed: Other Timeline
Mawnin Ladies,

Well, it's offical I'm a full PLEDGED poledancer. I got discourage a few months back and dropped out, but I started my pole-dancing class AGAIN yesterday and in addition to my belly dancing class and I have to say, the weight has not moved much but my clothing is fitting a lot better. People tell me I look slimmer, but I can't see it. I feel it though. It's been 15 years since I last attempted to do a SPLIT at my size and I've still got it. My arms are killing me though. You have to have a lot of upper body strength. The instructor doesn't believe in using weights, she does free hand exercise and she looks like she's been lifting weights her whole life. You exercise until your arms start to burn.

Pole dancing.....sounds like fun!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I've been working like crazy again and taking care of a family member so I haven't been to the gym lately. Damien and I worked out together yesterday :dead:

I actually gained weight while bellydancing. Not from bellydancing....bad eating habits. People always tell me I look slimmer. Bellydancing is really good for you hips, stomach and lower back. Most of the love handles are gone.

My job now offers a belly dancing class! Now trying to find time to take the class. :unsure: I have trimmed a lot off my waist and arms. Now have all this FAT around my thighs :help: It's the only thing left to go :angry:

Filed: Timeline
Mawnin Ladies,

Pole dancing.....sounds like fun!!!

It's fun. A lot of the ladies in my class are a little older so they're shy. You really have to let yourself go and just have FUN...i still can't believe I still know how to do a SPLIT or still in shape to be able to do one. Now I got to break out the old dance move DUTTY WHINE...mi might pap out mi back :blush: .

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
What veggies to you specifically hate? Maybe its the texture, flavor or way they are cooked. You should test out some different veggies and see how you like them. I need a juicer too, however I don't think I could drink a veggie juice. I love my blender though for fruits. Yo should look into a bamboo steamer for cooking veggies. It works great. i remember my dad cooking with it all the time when I was younger. You can steam your veggies and add seasoning to them or spray on some dressing and the flavor is great plus you keep all the nutirents.

It is a mixture of taste and texture. I hate the taste of onions, the slimeness (sp?) of tomatoes, the crunchiness and taste of lettuce, brocoli, cauliflower, cucumbers etc. I love green beans, corn, potatos, raw carrots and lima beans. I need to do some experimenting. Steaming them and then adding seasoning is a great idea. What kind of seasonings? I will look into a bamboo steamer as well...are they pretty easy to find? average price? Thanks Marlita :)

It is a mixture of taste and texture. I hate the taste of onions, the slimeness (sp?) of tomatoes, the crunchiness and taste of lettuce, brocoli, cauliflower, cucumbers etc. I love green beans, corn, potatos, raw carrots and lima beans. I need to do some experimenting. Steaming them and then adding seasoning is a great idea. What kind of seasonings? I will look into a bamboo steamer as well...are they pretty easy to find? average price? Thanks Marlita :)

You have to aquire a taste for them I can eat sweet pepper raw, the red, yellow and green ones with low fat ranch(Hidden Vally), it's very tastee. You have to get them in some how they are a must!

I don't know I've lost any this week aunt Flo is back....Good thing I didn't gain any either, so I'm sure I've reach my below 200 pound mark this week, but won't know till next week. My clothing are becoming soo loose. I cannot believe it. :dance:

Timeline

You have to aquire a taste for them I can eat sweet pepper raw, the red, yellow and green ones with low fat ranch(Hidden Vally), it's very tastee. You have to get them in some how they are a must!

I don't know I've lost any this week aunt Flo is back....Good thing I didn't gain any either, so I'm sure I've reach my below 200 pound mark this week, but won't know till next week. My clothing are becoming soo loose. I cannot believe it. :dance:

Thanks Dee! I will definitely have to start experimenting. Hopefully it will be easier when the farmers markets start showing back up...nothing like fresh produce.

Congrats on the weight loss. :dance: What a wonderful accomplishment! :yes:

I weighed myself this morning out of curiousity and I am right around where I have been for a while. I am glad about that...with all the ####### and stress I really thought I had gained all of it back.

Hey have any of you seen the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld? It is about adding veggies creatively into other foods. It is more geared towards parents for their children but some of the recipes are fantastic and it would work for anyone trying to get veggies into their diet. I have only heard a little big about the book but I am definitely going to check it out. Anyone heard of it?

Thanks Dee! I will definitely have to start experimenting. Hopefully it will be easier when the farmers markets start showing back up...nothing like fresh produce.

I weighed myself this morning out of curiousity and I am right around where I have been for a while. I am glad about that...with all the ####### and stress I really thought I had gained all of it back.

Hey have any of you seen the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld? It is about adding veggies creatively into other foods. It is more geared towards parents for their children but some of the recipes are fantastic and it would work for anyone trying to get veggies into their diet. I have only heard a little big about the book but I am definitely going to check it out. Anyone heard of it?

Never heard of the book, the have heard about the concept of putting the veggies in other food. I have to in order to get the kids to eat them.

Never heard of the book, the have heard about the concept of putting the veggies in other food. I have to in order to get the kids to eat them.

That pancake with sweet potato looks goooood!!! I luv pancakes!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What happened to this thread it fell back to page 5? Well I thought I'd give an update and bring it back up front and center. Last month I went to have my weight checked and had gained 2 lbs and was very disappointed with myself and decided that I wasn't going to go again until I was sure I'd lost a few pounds.... I went today I lost 10lbs over the past month and my BMI is down to 30% I've got 6 more pounds to go to reach my goal :dance::dance: I have gone down 6 sizes in clothes I haven't been where I am today in about 10+ years and it sure does feel good :yes:

Ok I guess I'm done patting myself on the back now just thought I'd share my joy :blush:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

What happened to this thread it fell back to page 5? Well I thought I'd give an update and bring it back up front and center. Last month I went to have my weight checked and had gained 2 lbs and was very disappointed with myself and decided that I wasn't going to go again until I was sure I'd lost a few pounds.... I went today I lost 10lbs over the past month and my BMI is down to 30% I've got 6 more pounds to go to reach my goal :dance::dance: I have gone down 6 sizes in clothes I haven't been where I am today in about 10+ years and it sure does feel good :yes:

Ok I guess I'm done patting myself on the back now just thought I'd share my joy :blush:

Good for you, I'm still at. Haven't gained, havent't lost. Still trying to get rid of these last two pounds to reach my short term goal of being under 200 pounds. I got new jeans last week and lost two dress sizes and yes that feels great. The muscle tone in my thighs feel wonderful. I have reshaped the bottom half of my dody and I really don't care if I lose much more weight(lie) as long as this behind gets higher and higher and my waist keeps getting smaller...that's great with me.

Timeline

Congrats Sonshyne :thumbs:

I'm going back to WW tomorrow. I kinda fell off the bandwagon..I've been eating good and not exercising like I want to. Had some health issues but I think they are resolved now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.