brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi ladies!

I was wondering how do I increase my metabolism? :help:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/59/66883.htm

I hear it's, and I think someone else mentioned it on here: Weight lifting: the best way is to build lean muscle mass, is with weights: In the long run you will increase your metabolism and build healthy bone mass: very important for us women who lose bone density in our older age.

Hi ladies!

Hi Marie

One sure way of increasing the metabolism is eating... Are you eating 3 meals a day and a snack?

Our information Guru (Brownie) will direct you to some links :yes:

True: here's some back up:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/feat...your-metabolism

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the weekly weight lose ladies :dance::dance:

I weighed in yesturday I lost 1 lb. I also had them take my measurements I'm down 5 inches in the waist and 4 inches in the hips, my BMI is now at 31% which is 8% less then 3 months ago. I really need to do more excercise to assist in the lost of inches as well as weight :whistle:

WTG!!!!!!! :thumbs: What do you do for exercise?

Hi Sonshyne!

I'm eating like 1 meal and a billion snacks :(

"Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something!"

--Hedberg

Esp. brown rice...stay way from the white stuff... if you're like me. It sticks to my thighs.

Hi ladies!

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/59/66883.htm

I hear it's, and I think someone else mentioned it on here: Weight lifting: the best way is to build lean muscle mass, is with weights: In the long run you will increase your metabolism and build healthy bone mass: very important for us women who lose bone density in our older age.

Hi ladies!

Hi Marie

One sure way of increasing the metabolism is eating... Are you eating 3 meals a day and a snack?

Our information Guru (Brownie) will direct you to some links :yes:

True: here's some back up:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/feat...your-metabolism

Resistance. training as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Brownie - Thanks so much for the link!! :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

I'm quite proud of my self. I have been able to keep up my 5mpr pace for about 5 mins now, I was reading about the benefits of running and found this:

I think someone was asking if one felt hungerier after working out. This article adds that the fitter you are the more cal you burn and stresses the importance of keeping for caloric intake up to keep up with your fitness level.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/feat...un-off-5-pounds

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I lost 15 lbs and a total of 16 inches overall doing the SlimIn6 dvds and modifying my eating habits.

I worked out 5x a week starting in 7/07 and by 9/07, I had lost 15 lbs and my fiance said he almost didn't recognize me since I used to be "sizeable" when we first met. LOL I hated the gym, it just never worked out for me (pun intended) so I tried the DVD route and after a while, my body was craving the work outs. In addition to that, I ordered the bender ball to work out my core last November. When I saw my fiance in January 2008, he said that my stomach shrunk! I now weigh the same as when I was in my 20's and I'm able to fit a size 2, while being toned!! Here are the links for the dvd's:

www.benderball.com

www.slimin6.com

I also had to modify my diet. I'm Filipino, so we eat a LOT of white rice and rich, sweet, main dishes...but I know I had to change all that. I got my George Foreman Grill out and began grilling chicken breast, fish, or lean pork and eating it with steamed veggies, mainly broccoli. I pack the leftovers for lunch and eat an apple for a snack. I also drink a lot of water and tea and avoid soda (wine is a different story though but I made sure I worked out before indulging on libations LOL). I had to cut out the rice, sweets, and junk food for a while, when I was working out 5x a week. After achieving my goal and now that I'm on the maintenance phase, I allow myself to eat rice, sweets, and junk food once in a while...I've also toned the workouts down to 3-4x a week.

I don't own a scale so I got weighed at my doctor's office and since women's weight normally fluctuates, I take my measurements every 1 to 1.5 months to see how much I've really lost in inches.

I believe that exercising and eating sensibly goes hand-in-hand. It's just a matter of making time to exercise and being more mindful of what I eat. To this day, I still push myself to get off my a$$ and play my DVD's. After the workout, I always feel better. :)

That's what worked for me. I hope it helps someone out....you don't have anything to lose, except for the pounds.

Good luck to everyone on their weight-loss plan as well as on their journey!!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Hi everyone!

I lost 15 lbs and a total of 16 inches overall doing the SlimIn6 dvds and modifying my eating habits.

I worked out 5x a week starting in 7/07 and by 9/07, I had lost 15 lbs and my fiance said he almost didn't recognize me since I used to be "sizeable" when we first met. LOL I hated the gym, it just never worked out for me (pun intended) so I tried the DVD route and after a while, my body was craving the work outs. In addition to that, I ordered the bender ball to work out my core last November. When I saw my fiance in January 2008, he said that my stomach shrunk! I now weigh the same as when I was in my 20's and I'm able to fit a size 2, while being toned!! Here are the links for the dvd's:

www.benderball.com

www.slimin6.com

I also had to modify my diet. I'm Filipino, so we eat a LOT of white rice and rich, sweet, main dishes...but I know I had to change all that. I got my George Foreman Grill out and began grilling chicken breast, fish, or lean pork and eating it with steamed veggies, mainly broccoli. I pack the leftovers for lunch and eat an apple for a snack. I also drink a lot of water and tea and avoid soda (wine is a different story though but I made sure I worked out before indulging on libations LOL). I had to cut out the rice, sweets, and junk food for a while, when I was working out 5x a week. After achieving my goal and now that I'm on the maintenance phase, I allow myself to eat rice, sweets, and junk food once in a while...I've also toned the workouts down to 3-4x a week.

I don't own a scale so I got weighed at my doctor's office and since women's weight normally fluctuates, I take my measurements every 1 to 1.5 months to see how much I've really lost in inches.

I believe that exercising and eating sensibly goes hand-in-hand. It's just a matter of making time to exercise and being more mindful of what I eat. To this day, I still push myself to get off my a$$ and play my DVD's. After the workout, I always feel better. :)

That's what worked for me. I hope it helps someone out....you don't have anything to lose, except for the pounds.

Good luck to everyone on their weight-loss plan as well as on their journey!!!

Hey there...congrats on your reaching your goal. :thumbs:

I have the slim in 6 video's as well. They are great. I didn't lose any weight last week... :blush: I work out every day and cut my calories. I'm not sure what the deal is...But i'll just keep trying. I haven't been at my current weight in years. Hopefully my body is just being very resistant. Don't know :unsure:

Timeline

Thanks, brownnskinn!!!

I agree, I love the slim in 6 videos as well....they weren't complicated and it's low impact (I have bad knees).

I didn't lose weight with the DVD right off the bat....I think it took me about 2-3 weeks to actually feel and see that something is definitely working. I usually go by how my clothes fit and after 2 months, my clothes were loose! :)

I'm sure you will see results soon so don't give up! :yes: Consistency is the key.

I wish you luck on your weight-loss goals. (F)

Edited by LuciansGirl

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Luciansgirl!

So you really like the slim in 6 work out? I have seen it advertised a ton of times but didn't know anyone that had actually used it so I was totally hesitant. Is it a good workout for people with bad backs?

Every body done left mi all y mi lonesome.....Dats alright tho!!! i'll be fine in 2009 all by mi lonesome :whistle:

I burned 400 cal on the treadmill today!!!...the magical part for me is I did it in 30 min :dance::dance:

Edited by brownnskinn

Timeline
Welcome Luciansgirl!

So you really like the slim in 6 work out? I have seen it advertised a ton of times but didn't know anyone that had actually used it so I was totally hesitant. Is it a good workout for people with bad backs?

Hi Yardiewife!

I'm not quite sure if the dvd's are okay for people with bad backs. It is low impact but if you have a bad back, I would not recommend it since it might just aggrevate it. :(

NOTE:

I was watching a show a few weeks ago and they were talking about this free online community for weight loss, tips, and support:

www.sparkspeople.com

Every body done left mi all y mi lonesome.....Dats alright tho!!! i'll be fine in 2009 all by mi lonesome :whistle:

I burned 400 cal on the treadmill today!!!...the magical part for me is I did it in 30 min :dance::dance:

Woohoo....you go, girl!!! 400 cals, that's a lot!!! That's awesome....keep it up!! :thumbs:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all! Hope everything is going well with your weight loss :dance:

Way to go Dee!!! :dance:

Got a question for you…what do you all think of juicers? I am planning on going out and buying one this evening but thought I would ask all of you first. I hate veggies so I thought I could mix it in with some fruit and get the nutrients that way :yes:

So anyone own a juicer? What brand do you think is best? Right now I am leaning towards the Jack LaLanne Juicer I can get at Target.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.