brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
CONFESSION TIME,

I did it again. I had a TWIX candy bar, but it was the miniatures, but I had 3 of them. Plus I had some chicken wings in MOMBO sauce (killer) with fries. I just had to have it. I've not had chicken in MOMBO sauce in 8 months. I feel better now.

I used to live in DC and boy I like the Mambo sauce too ... no more ever for me now... Unless they start make some fake chicken!!! :-) I will be in DC in a few weeks.. I will stay away from the chicken places but there is a Jamaican place near my friend's apartment that makes a good veg dish... MMMMMM can't wait! LOL

I tried to go VEGGIE...that rass lasted 3 days. The damn PIGIEONS that was outside my office window was looking nice and FAT...I wanted to blaze up a FIRE right away and brownstew them.

Thats funny. I was a vegetarian for 8 years (after experiencing my father's farm) and it has been a year again. I just feel better not eating meat. With all the hormones etc in animals nowadays.. My stomach thanks me. I try new recipes every week and you would be surprised how satisfying vegetarian meals can be. I am trying to change my lifestyle and eating habits rather than go on a diet. I just need to excersise more... can't wait for Spring!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
CONFESSION TIME,

I did it again. I had a TWIX candy bar, but it was the miniatures, but I had 3 of them. Plus I had some chicken wings in MOMBO sauce (killer) with fries. I just had to have it. I've not had chicken in MOMBO sauce in 8 months. I feel better now.

I'm goodness girl. Wah mek?

Weekends are my hardest to ge through. The 12 shifts kill mi.

CONFESSION TIME,

I used to live in DC and boy I like the Mambo sauce too ... no more ever for me now... Unless they start make some fake chicken!!! :-) I will be in DC in a few weeks.. I will stay away from the chicken places but there is a Jamaican place near my friend's apartment that makes a good veg dish... MMMMMM can't wait! LOL

I tried to go VEGGIE...that rass lasted 3 days. The damn PIGIEONS that was outside my office window was looking nice and FAT...I wanted to blaze up a FIRE right away and brownstew them.

:lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

It's been slow here at work... I read D. Ramsey's book( The total Money makeover A proven plan for financial fitness) and I am ashamed to say that I am also finacialy fat :unsure::blush: So while in my journey to become physically fit, I have hopes of becoming financially fit as well. My husband is very money concious and sfter reading this book I feel honored to have him as my husband. I plan to shut-up an listen more. There is no reason for me to make as much money as I do and be in the state we are in. I am much better off than most in the book; I don't have as nearly as much debt as many folk in our counrty. I now have high hopes on being debt free in 18 months. Are there any financial fit people here? Do you have any tips. This book was great!! It didn't say much more than what my hubby has been telling me for the past year but made it seem simple and obtainable.

Nuttin nah gwaan fi no boddi :blink: ...Ok mi guess mi inna dis by mi self :rolleyes:

Filed: Timeline
mi eat some fried chicken, pisa jerk chicken, some rice and veggie.... :yes:

MAWNIN Kimmy,

tap show aff...mi carry di rest a bully beef and rice fi eat fi mi breakfast tideh...but look like my ago eat the FRITTERS and ackee and saltfish mi daddy mek for me this mawnin.

I'm so HOMESICK, anyone else HOME SICK? :crying:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Friday All!

I lost 2.6 lbs. this week. I am at an even 200 lbs!!! I haven't been under 200 in about 4 years! I am so excited about next weeks weight in!! Pushing for 3 lbs next week.

Confession time....

I backslid yesterday. I found out I didn't get a promotion that I was up for at work, and the whole day I was kind of down. I craved carbs. too. I realized that my eating is a result of emotion. I had a medium helping of spaghetti, a bag of sour cream and onion lays, and a few fork fulls of mashed potatoes (not all at the same time). It was so interesting how my emotions dictated my craving. I haven't wanted any of that stuff for a while, and as soon as I start feeling bad, my desire for foods changed..... And to top it off, I didn't exercise yesterday :blush:

But, I'm back on track today. Exercised first thing this morning, and started out with my water. Back to 1200 calories a day and no eating after 7pm.

Stay positive :thumbs:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Filed: Timeline
Happy Friday All!

I lost 2.6 lbs. this week. I am at an even 200 lbs!!! I haven't been under 200 in about 4 years! I am so excited about next weeks weight in!! Pushing for 3 lbs next week.

Confession time....

I backslid yesterday. I found out I didn't get a promotion that I was up for at work, and the whole day I was kind of down. I craved carbs. too. I realized that my eating is a result of emotion. I had a medium helping of spaghetti, a bag of sour cream and onion lays, and a few fork fulls of mashed potatoes (not all at the same time). It was so interesting how my emotions dictated my craving. I haven't wanted any of that stuff for a while, and as soon as I start feeling bad, my desire for foods changed..... And to top it off, I didn't exercise yesterday :blush:

But, I'm back on track today. Exercised first thing this morning, and started out with my water. Back to 1200 calories a day and no eating after 7pm.

good morning,

CONFESSION is a great thing.....I'm also an emotional eater. When I'm stressed or depressed I eat way too much. When my son's father and I split the first time, the weight came off with ease. After we got back to get, I got pregnant and had my son and all hell broke lose (I PACKED ON THE POUNDS)...it didn't matter how much I exercised I could not stop eating. I've learned that I've got to control my emotions or it will get the best of me (weight wise).

Does anyone else have any FOOD confessions?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Friday All!

Confession time....

Congrats on the weight loss Brownskinn and Lovin JA :dance: I weigh in tomorrow morning. This was a hard week for me. I think I figured Weight Watchers this week.

Happy Friday All!

Confession time....

Congrats!! WOW. Did you read the post a few days back on how our hormones can effect what we eat? I think we were talking bout emotional eating....anyways all that matters is your down :thumbs:

I haven't been this low in years as well, hubby told me las night my body is "reshaping" it self. LOOKING GOOD!!I'm pushing for three pounds as well. I want to be under 200lbs sooo badly, it's going to be such an accomplish....I've not been doing so well on the water, which is probably hindering my weight loss as well, I think i'm going to leave out the weights for a while :blush: I need that visual from the scale, I'm working too darn hard not to see more progress.

WTG!

Edited by brownnskinn

Does anyone else have any FOOD confessions?

Not really, the biggest helping of food I had all week was last night: steamed fish and brown rice...I was in no mood for veggies. you think I'd have some burned fat to show for it :blush:

MAWNIN Kimmy,

tap show aff...mi carry di rest a bully beef and rice fi eat fi mi breakfast tideh...but look like my ago eat the FRITTERS and ackee and saltfish mi daddy mek for me this mawnin.

Yeah and I not even from "home" :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MAWNIN Kimmy,

mi deh yah,

mi want some a dah ackee..mi no want no fritters !!! mi want fi bully beef wid some some corn and whit erice..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Friday All!

Confession time....

Congrats!! WOW. Did you read the post a few days back on how our hormones can effect what we eat? I think we were talking bout emotional eating....anyways all that matters is your down :thumbs:

I haven't been this low in years as well, hubby told me las night my body is "reshaping" it self. LOOKING GOOD!!I'm pushing for three pounds as well. I want to be under 200lbs sooo badly, it's going to be such an accomplish....I've not been doing so well on the water, which is probably hindering my weight loss as well, I think i'm going to leave out the weights for a while :blush: I need that visual from the scale, I'm working too darn hard not to see more progress.

WTG!

Congrats to you as well. OK... we are going to keep each other on track this week for a 3 lb loss!

I hear you on the weights. I don't use them right now. I do however have these gloves I wear when doing aerobics. They have what feels like sand in them, not too heavy, maybe 1lb each, but it's just enough resistance when doing aerobics to help with the shape of my arms.

Water is very important. Helps you keep that full feeling throughout the day. I didn't drink much yesterday, and that probably didn't help. Are you counting your calories? I never thought that was useful until recently. And I find that if I stay under 1200 calories, I drop almost a half pound a day. So, I swear by it now. And it helps you learn portion size.

Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals for the next week. One step at a time. :yes:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.