• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Tink you know every ting bout sex?

Take the Sex quiz:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/sex/quizzes/spark.html

Appearently I don't know much :blink:

I guess there's another reason so stay away from fatty food, don't need nuttin messin with the big O :no:

I need fi study I got a D :o ...

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My five are:

1. Tired of being tired.

2. I need new clothing and I can't stand to try on "fat girl clothes and anymore"

3. Wanting to be a happier healthier sexier me.

4. With my hubbies hopes of having another baby, I have to lose 30 pounds by summer, before I even think about conceiving :unsure:

5. Better eating habits

I finally weighed myself...lost 1.5 pounds...hopefully will do better next week.

Are money issues affecting your health... don't know bout yall but, hubby bout fi have a heart attack ova debt.

Here's a Financial health quiz, but I think you have to join the site fi tek et.

http://www.realage.com/FinancialCenter/Intro.aspx

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

This is a great thread. I lurk on the Yardie and Stella thread, but haven't posted in almost a year. But, I wanted to get in on this. I am determined to shed at least 40 lbs. by June, when my husband and I are going back to JA to renew our vows (got married June 7, 07 at courthouse, will have ceremony June 7, 08 in Negril on beach with family and friends).

I set my goal in Dec.. At the beginning of every month, I take a picture of myself in a bikini and insert it into a calendar I created in Microsoft publisher, and weigh in every week and document my weight on the calendar. I have a place below my picture to type in how I feel at the beginning of the month. I must admit, I fell victim to the holiday baking, and didn't do so well in December. So, I started fresh for the new year.

I work out at least 6 days a week, for 1 hr. at home. I ordered the Turbo Jam DVD's from an infomercial, and I love it. In addition to the cardio for 40 min., I do at least 20 min of light weights and crunches on my exercise ball. So far, I've only lost 5 lbs. I actually lost more, but gained it back around Christmas and New Years. My big problem is my eating habits. I am a vegetarian, and have been for 26 years, but I eat pasta, rice and bread! So, my challenge is to cut out pasta and bread totally, at least for the next month to see the effect. I drink alot of water (and I squeeze lemon juice in it), at least 48 oz a day.

So, I would like to participate in this thread and encourage and be encouraged. Postive thoughts to all!

Good to see you LovinJA. Great idea about the picture calender :thumbs:

Hey SJB.... I had to get in on this. Congrats on the weight loss this week!

Edited by LovinJA

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

My five are:

1. Tired of being tired.

2. I need new clothing and I can't stand to try on "fat girl clothes and anymore"

4. With my hubbies hopes of having another baby, I have to lose 30 pounds by summer, before I even think about conceiving :unsure:

5. Better eating habits

I finally weighed myself...lost 1.5 pounds...hopefully will do better next week.

WOO HOOO, :hehe: you need fi stop et :blink: , you kno you doin good!!!give yo sef some luv guh :dance:

Timeline
Good Morning All,

This is a great thread. I lurk on the Yardie and Stella thread, but haven't posted in almost a year. But, I wanted to get in on this. I am determined to shed at least 40 lbs. by June, when my husband and I are going back to JA to renew our vows (got married June 7, 07 at courthouse, will have ceremony June 7, 08 in Negril on beach with family and friends).

Hey LovinJA lang time nuh 'ere glad yuh joined us :thumbs:

I weighed in tiddeh.. DRUM ROLL.... I've lost 2 1/2 pounds :dance::dance:

Hey Sonshyne! Wow, you are definitely to be congratulated! I want to be like you!!! That's alot of weight you've lost over the last few months! I am just getting started, but I will be there in a few months.

I'm going to workout now, and will weigh in on Friday.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
My five are:

1. Tired of being tired.

5. Better eating habits

Woohoo!!! SJB don't be so hard on yourself! 1.5 pounds in a week is very good :yes: Keep up the good work!

Guys this is the best! Thanks JA TAM! I am in!!!

I haven't posted in awhile but heard about this and decided to post. This was the best idea. We are going back to JA to renew our vows by the end of this year and I need to be at least 50lbs lighter. I have struggled with this all of my life and about 2 years ago I lost 65lbs on the atkins diet. I have sinced then gained 35lbs and realized that I have to learn how to eat. My biggest quest right now is to cut out the meats and add in more veggies. I am just tired of eating meat right now. I won't take fish out but chicken, turkey, and beef is out for now along with white breads, pasta, and fried foods. I know that I can drop this weight I know I can! Its just something about this year. I just want to be a lot healthier.

So count me everyone

:dance: Glad to have you with us!!! That sounds like a great plan! Good luck :)

Timeline
I am a huge anti-athelete. My biggest accomplishment for 2008 is running up and downstairs trying to catch a bus...a train...de next bus...and walking a block and a half to my job...in 18 degree weather with a wind chill of 4 degrees. Then, I repeat this same process going home. Why won't the gas prices drop back down to $1.50? FAAAAAADDDDAAAA!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::help::help::crying::crying::(

I guess the good thing is that I will most definitely be in shape for my wedding if I can ever get divorced!

Welcome back Jawi...hope you feel better. 18 degrees in ATL??? Is it normal to be that cold down there? Maybe I should re-think moving down there :unsure:

Oh no SJB, don't let the cold weather change your mind. This is not the norm, but even if it is, it's still better than the north! We will be back in the 60's next week. :yes:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
I am a huge anti-athelete. My biggest accomplishment for 2008 is running up and downstairs trying to catch a bus...a train...de next bus...and walking a block and a half to my job...in 18 degree weather with a wind chill of 4 degrees. Then, I repeat this same process going home. Why won't the gas prices drop back down to $1.50? FAAAAAADDDDAAAA!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::help::help::crying::crying::(

I guess the good thing is that I will most definitely be in shape for my wedding if I can ever get divorced!

Welcome back Jawi...hope you feel better. 18 degrees in ATL??? Is it normal to be that cold down there? Maybe I should re-think moving down there :unsure:

Oh no SJB, don't let the cold weather change your mind. This is not the norm, but even if it is, it's still better than the north! We will be back in the 60's next week. :yes:

Thanks. We decided to move when Damien receives his 10 year card...hopefully in 6-9 months..the latest.

Timeline
"What are you guys weighting for"...This say we should list five reasons why we want to change"

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/dr-pe...eighing-in.html

My five are:

1. HTN an DM run in my family and If I don't lose, I'll end up like my grandmother, mother and my father.

5.Hoping to be able to possibly get into the Airforce.

what are HTN and DM? I feel like I should know but it isn't coming to me.

My five are...

1. I want to have more self confidence and a better self image.

2. I hope to alleviate some of this back pain that I am sure the extra weight is contributing too.

3. I want to have more energy to do things.

4. I don't want to be at risk for weight related problems.

5. I want to take up a hobby like hiking or running and need to be in better shape to fully enjoy it.

"What are you guys weighting for"...This say we should list five reasons why we want to change"

My five are:

1. HTN an DM run in my family and If I don't lose, I'll end up like my grandmother, mother and my father.

what are HTN and DM? I feel like I should know but it isn't coming to me.

My five are...

1. I want to have more self confidence and a better self image.

2. I hope to alleviate some of this back pain that I am sure the extra weight is contributing too.

3. I want to have more energy to do things.

4. I don't want to be at risk for weight related problems.

5. I want to take up a hobby like hiking or running and need to be in better shape to fully enjoy it.

high blood pressure and diabeties

Timeline

Thanks. I also didn't work out as planned...my job is trying to kill me. I'm back on schedule.

60 minutes of cardio every day. I also wear a pedometer so I try to get at least 15,000 steps a day.

Plus -

Sunday - yoga class...kinda rest day

Monday - kickboxing class

Tuesday - dancehall belly dance class

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - toning and conditioning class and hip hop belly dance

Friday - dancehall belly dance class - praciting for recital so not much cardio involved...kinda rest day

Saturday - dancehall belly dance - African dance or striptease - then practice for recital

Timeline

My five are:

Ok. Here are my five:

1. I want to be at least 40 lbs. lighter for our wedding.

2. We wan't to get pregnant this year and I need to be at least 40 lbs. lighter

3. I want to go shopping in the regular sizes and have jeans fit around my thighs, hips and butt.

4. I want to wear a bathing suit without the wrap.

5. I want to prove to myself that I have control over my body and what I put into my mouth! To not be able to lose the weight, to me is saying that I don't have control over MY OWN body. That makes me sad.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.