brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Hey fam...I feel like I have been gone forever. Sorry :blush: I didn't weigh myself at the beginning of the week, so I have no idea, how much I have lost in this past week. I will try to keep up and let you all know next week.

THIS IS MY CONFESSION: I want to lose the weight, but it's just been a little hard for me to get my booty moving. I have been sick this past week, so I haven't felt up to it. I am hoping that with some movement over this long weekend, I can get into the groove. Keep me in your prayers.

Yardie: I think the same concerns that you expressed about yoga, is the reason I have stayed away from it as I had. I was initially told that it was linked to Eastern religions and questioned how I could participate based on my faith. Marlita, I think you raised some great points though.

Congrats to all those who have seen the fruits of their labor. I will have to say that I had 2 Subway chocolate chip cookies yesterday and a slice of birthday cake today :blush: I will do better tomorrow.

I've had a touch of a chest cold lately, too. I think "it's going around" right about now. Of course, it doesn't help that temperatures are in the single digits or lower (fahrenheit) here in Minnesota.

Try to find an exercise that you enjoy doing. I enjoy the outdoors, for instance, so I started hiking regularly. Before winter came, a 2-5 mile hike was common for me, because I enjoyed it. It was a good way to unwind after a stressful day at work. Winter is my enemy...

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have read from several reputable sources,Oprah's Dr. Oz as one, that doing resistance training is more beneficial to burning fat then actual aerobics.

I have also heard, but do not know how true it is, that any aerobics over 30 min is not beneficial as taking a break and working out 30 min another time..

This is why you will se faster results from pilates vs treadmills and such. Pilates is resistance training using the weight of your own body. You should definitley be weight training if you are trying to shed inches or pounds.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Great thread

I need to lose this baby weight:

- Tuck In Yuh Belly applies to me now :crying: mi belly bang bad bad

- Mi thighs dem need dem hown zip code :crying:

Any advice for losing these problem areas?

My eating habits are whack because I'm on Gavin's schedule so I'm grabbing what's quick and convenient to eat, which isn't always the best thing to do.

:lol::lol: I wish I knew, my thighs are my problem area, they jus won't buge. My mother tells me to do leg lifts....iIll be doing those for ever to get rid of these girls. :yes:

Here I go talking bout pilates again....but it works. There is a whole leg routine on the Windsor pilates DVD that will SERIOUSLY tone your inner and back thigh, it will also tone and lift the but. There are a few others that my teacher has tought. Cant describe them, i just suggest trying pilates for a month and seeing if it helps.

Timeline
Hey fam...I feel like I have been gone forever. Sorry :blush: I didn't weigh myself at the beginning of the week, so I have no idea, how much I have lost in this past week. I will try to keep up and let you all know next week.

THIS IS MY CONFESSION: I want to lose the weight, but it's just been a little hard for me to get my booty moving. I have been sick this past week, so I haven't felt up to it. I am hoping that with some movement over this long weekend, I can get into the groove. Keep me in your prayers.

Yardie: I think the same concerns that you expressed about yoga, is the reason I have stayed away from it as I had. I was initially told that it was linked to Eastern religions and questioned how I could participate based on my faith. Marlita, I think you raised some great points though.

Congrats to all those who have seen the fruits of their labor. I will have to say that I had 2 Subway chocolate chip cookies yesterday and a slice of birthday cake today :blush: I will do better tomorrow.

You know really yoga is nothing religious at all. Its just a venue that helps you get your mind and body in shape. I've been doing it for years now, and never found anything sacreligious about it. All I know is when you do it, your mind is free...you literally breathe better which is good for the brain and neervous system cause you are getting more oxygen than other people get.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Not to gross anyone out,but why did this lady at work have the largest bowel moment I have ever seen. We had to call maintence because it stopped up the stool. :blink:

Seaking of BM's ...How do yo all feel about using colon cleansers to rid the colon of toxin's and weight loss. I've been thinking about trying it. I've been researching toxins and build up of waste and the effect's on health. Here's info, if anyone's wondering.

Colon cleaning

I used to work in the geriatric unit in the state hospital and we got one of those tree trunks one day.The patient that did it was laughing all day long.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I love to get exercise by doing activities like roller skating, ice skating,sledding, hiking, and swimming. Today we are going roller skating.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Love to go hiking in the mountains or the desert here in NM. Or bikeriding, playing basketball, and weightlifting. But now it is just toooo cold outside to do tha outside stuff! :(:angry:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Other Timeline
I used to work in the geriatric unit in the state hospital and we got one of those tree trunks one day.The patient that did it was laughing all day long.

DWL..

I would like to congrats myself for getting up at 4:30 am this morning to get my run on and prepare my healthy lunch with snacks for during the day..Yay Me!!!! :thumbs:

quote]

Here I go talking bout pilates again....but it works. There is a whole leg routine on the Windsor pilates DVD that will SERIOUSLY tone your inner and back thigh, it will also tone and lift the but. There are a few others that my teacher has tought. Cant describe them, i just suggest trying pilates for a month and seeing if it helps.

I really want to add it to my workout..but I don't know where to find the time, I might have to get pilates from fitTV

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Here I go talking bout pilates again....but it works. There is a whole leg routine on the Windsor pilates DVD that will SERIOUSLY tone your inner and back thigh, it will also tone and lift the but.

There are a few others that my teacher has tought. Cant describe them, i just suggest trying pilates for a month and seeing if it helps.

I really want to add it to my workout..but I don't know where to find the time, I might have to get pilates from fitTV

Me too I need to tone my thighs ans I could use a butt lift too :lol::yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

:help: MAWNIN ladies,

What's wrong with me...I can't stay away from that FRUIT or is it a VEGETABLE. ( I know it's suppose to be good FAT, but it's very FATTING). The chocolate bar (was just a treat) I've not had one of those in months. I'm an emotional eater and when something taste really, really good I lose my mind. To tell you the truth, if my mom hadn't taken the other 3 avacados I would have eaten them. It does something to me and I just can't explain it. :help:

I'm an emotional eater as well...look at what I found on how stress becomes belly fat:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/womens...s/ten_tips.html

What someone suggested that helped me, is to keep a log of what I eat and whats going on when I eat it, Then go back and look for patterns. I hope the info helps.

dee

Do yall feel like gettin buzy after exercise..I do.. :devil: already all sweaty and stuff :whistle:

Here's why: Exercise as an aphrodisiac:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/sex/ap...s/exercise.html

Get those endorphins movin :dance:

Do yall feel like gettin buzy after exercise

No

Love timeline:

K-1 timeline:

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

0605_10033471973.gif

No

no endorphins movin for you....there all ova de place for me and mine :hehe::yes:

Now, when I'm done working out, I feel like sitting on the couch and watching Dirty Jobs on The Discovery Channel...

Well maybe that will change when I'm married and have someone to "get busy" with :blush: ...

Love timeline:

K-1 timeline:

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

0605_10033471973.gif

No

no endorphins movin for you....there all ova de place for me and mine :hehe::yes:

Now, when I'm done working out, I feel like sitting on the couch and watching Dirty Jobs on The Discovery Channel...

Well maybe that will change when I'm married and have someone to "get busy" with :blush: ...

Oh :wacko: how insensitive of me, time soon come fi you? Your SO will arrive soon?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.