allousa

Guess What????????!!!!!!!!!????????????????

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First of all.........THANK YOU ALL.....for your wonderful words and feelings of congratulations! I've been on the other side of these threads giving out the warm fuzzies thinking that I would NEVER get to post this topic.

There are NO MORE INTERVIEWS, NO MORE APPLICATIONS to file!!! The Consulate officer that called Hicham yesterday was very helpful in telling him that even though they had not received the final paperwork from Rome yet, that he should go ahead and get his medical certificate updated as it had expired as well as the police certificate renewed. He only needed to do those things. MUCH THANKS to WOM for leading us in the direction of getting Hicham's Palestinian passport renewed. He already had that done, so we don't have to wait for that either. The officer said that once the final paperwork is received from Rome, he will already have the documents ready and they can expedite processing his visa and passport. The officer did not indicate that this would be a long process at all.

We have been dealing with this immigration process since May of 2001!!! I still cannot believe it has been that long. We have definitely had more downs than up and there have been many moments that we have just hung by a thread for the whole process. I have to say that through it all, I never thought for a moment of my husband not being together whether it was here in the states or some other country.

There is a bittersweet moment in all of this in that my dad is not here, physically here, to share this moment with us. My dad and Hicham were close friends and my dad loved him very much. He talked many times of just going over there and bringing him home knocking down all of the authorities in the process. He was such a champion of hope for our family to be reunited. And last night, even though I was sad about not having him here to share this news, I had this feeling come over me that maybe, just maybe he helped in some way to make this happen. One of my friends said that they didn't doubt my dad snuck into that office and put Hicham's file on top!!!! Because that is JUST something my dad would do!

And one more thing to give you some chill bumps!!!! For the last several months, I have really, really been praying that Hicham would be home before our son's second birthday. Well, if Hicham really does get to come home with us when we go for our visit in March....we will be coming home FIVE DAYS before our son's 2nd birthday!!!!!

I hope this is really a tide of change coming in that we see many, many of your cases approved! I share my happiness with so many of you and am throwing so much good luck and wishes your way.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up hope!!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Allousa! When you calm down (yeah right) update your timeline in your siggy. Wow that will be a great line to type I bet!! :dance::dance: And look at all the people you almost injured (the ones that nearly fell out of their chairs when they read your news). You should put a hazard warning on this thread. :yes: Again, so so happy to see this finally come to an end for you. I knew it had been a long road but did not realize that you had been apart THAT long. Wow. I bet he'll be handcuffed to you now. :lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

OMG I seriously have tears welling up in my eyes!! Congratulations is an understatement! :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

After reading your post and your timeline I too had misty eyes. . im a sucker of good stories and yours is definitely one. Congratulations to you and your husband :dance: What a great story of endurance,faith, patience and strentgh.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

:dance: !!! CONGRATULATION!! I'm very happy for ya! :)

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

YIPPEEEEE!!!!

I am so happy for you! You truly deserve to celebrate!!!!!

My best wishes for a happy reunion and new beginning with your husband!

And DAMN the USCIS, NVC and DOS!!!! I hate them!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Allousa,

I am so very very happy to read your post. I hope the rest is fast and smooth for you and that you are all home, at last, in March. Our file took a month to get from Rome back to Algiers and I think that is fairly typical as diplomatic pouch might be the least efficient means of transport known to man. But, it sounds like that time frame works with your trip and, even if it does take a month, gets you all on a plane back to the US by March. I am glad you will be there as well, because I think that after all of this struggle there is something wonderful about making the trip back as a family.

Many many congrats to you, your husband and your son.

Timeline
Allousa -- I have been thinking about your case and the longgggg wait you and your family have had to endure -- and I'm so glad you are finally through this step !!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

But now... what is next ? I think the case goes back to the consulate now ? So then do you have to have another interview/medical/security check/etc...... or what ?

Whatever it is, I hope it goes really really fast -- insha'allah you are almost finished, girl !!!!

(F)

-MK

Can you believe it MK????? I honestly still think I'm in a state of shock!

The file is going to be sent back to Casa for final processing. The CO was VERY helpful in telling Hicham what he needed to get done before final paperwork gets to them so that they can move fast on processing his final paperwork.

I've also been talking to our attorney today and he says from all that we've previously filed and what has been approved, outside of the waiver application that we are DONE! He said that the packet they give to Hicham, he will turn over to Immigration upon POE and that they will mail him his green card! No more affidavits/applications/forms to submit!

It's such an odd feeling, you know? To have battled SO LONG and for everything to be over in a blink...a poof!....I'm just kind of stunned. :unsure: Does that make sense? Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOOOOOOOOO very thankful that it's over.

Have those of you that have been approved felt the same way?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Allousa, I recognize that feeling so well. It is hard to believe that all your problems--well, all your immigration problems--are over just like that. But, they really are. He walks off that plane with a green card and that is it! I remember, for weeks after, waking up in the middle of the night as I usually do and feeling like I should be panicked about something and then realizing that it was just over. It takes a while to sink in, maybe. But, relish it as I think we rarely in life get such a clear resolution to something we have fought so hard for. Enjoy the thrill and relief. It is hard earned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.