Germlish

I-94W waiver visa then I-485

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

There are other considerations besides 'one piece of paper for entry'. It's easy for you to say that that is all that matters---that you have her here with you. But believe me, for her, it makes a big difference.

heh heh yes, she has made that very fact crystal clear on several occasions and it was part of the decision to have her arrive 2-3 months later. She speaks almost no english (took three months to learn to say "Beavis and Buxxhead" - says they'll probably speak German before she learns English) and I'm certain the weather near Atlanta is going to take some getting used to so I can't see her working outside of housework (with me, that's a BIG job) for the first few months anyway. But I do understand.

I just didn't get it till now that DCF is SOOOO much better than anything else!

P.S. still can't get into search the archives. Do I need some special status?

Everytime I click on the link it suddenly says I'm not logged in, my user data returns unknown user, and new users aren't being accepted.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then laziness is the mother of necessity. If people wern't too lazy to feed, care and saddle horses, we probably wouldn't have cars.

Filed: Timeline
P.S. still can't get into search the archives. Do I need some special status?

Everytime I click on the link it suddenly says I'm not logged in, my user data returns unknown user, and new users aren't being accepted.

Odd. You might want to send a PM to Captain Ewok on the Archival Search problems you're encountering, or copy and paste this part of your post and add it to the "Known Bugs" thread under the Site Issues forum. It never occurred to me that new members *might* not be able to navigate the older parts of the forum. Perhaps he needs to look into it. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey - works now. Still looks like I'm not logged in but I can search anyway.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then laziness is the mother of necessity. If people wern't too lazy to feed, care and saddle horses, we probably wouldn't have cars.

Filed: Timeline

meauxna,

Boiler seems to have a habit of pulling things out of context from posts by folinskyinla and mis-applying them. Hadn't seen it for a while, but here it is again.

Yodrak

Boiler: is it really accurate to describe Freeman v Gonzales as an appeal of deportation? Her case seems very specific to the widow/"spouse" issue and wouldn't apply to most? Or you're saying that the decision to change over to the rules of 'AOS applicant' v 'I-94W entrant' is sufficient protection? I'm quite wondering about that.. it doesn't seem clear cut enough at all to me. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.