Beauty for Ashes

Um I brought back a souvenir from Algeria

115 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear Bridget. I was pregnant, but not anymore.

While in Iran I became pregnant (after being together for two months). But miscarried on the plane leaving Iran. It was sad. But then it was also not a good time either and I had to realize that the timing was terrible.

When people find out I am married to an Iranian, some of them chirp, "Not without my daughter" referring to the movie. Implying my husband would keep me prisoner in Iran if we had children. Makes me really angry! My husband knew I was pregnant and never held me prisoner.

What a silly thing for someone to say!

Congratulations to both of you :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Wahrania,

Depending on where you live, you might be able to go to a larger hospital and receive free/low cost pre-natal care. The other option is to check with city/county/state plans for assistance on pre-natal care.

Since these are private/state/local level assistance programs, you may be able to get away with some medical help that would adversely affect the immigration process.

Wahrania,

Depending on where you live, you might be able to go to a larger hospital and receive free/low cost pre-natal care. The other option is to check with city/county/state plans for assistance on pre-natal care.

Since these are private/state/local level assistance programs, you may be able to get away with some medical help that would adversely affect the immigration process.

I am not sure what you mean exactly (in bold) and assuming you meant "wouldnt adversely affect the imm process" either way, the USC accepting benefits available to them does not jeopardize immigration of a foreign SO.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!!! I think that is wonderful news!! If I could have another baby with my husband, I would in a heart beat.

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I accidently bolded my sentence.

I was posting in response to Wahrania saying..."Well. I am not going to apply for any kind of pregnancy medicaid until I get his package through NVC. I do not want to risk losing my affadavit of support package so I will go to the health department and get the test and then start on prenatals."

She does not want any pregnancy medicaid until her SO is processed through teh NVC. I suggested she look at other alternatives for pre-natal assistance.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
congratulations wahrania!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks Bridget, my 41st birthday is February 5th. I am OLD OLD OLD OLD. I am just surprised eggs are still being released from the graveyard I call my torso LOL...

For heaven's sake you arent THAT old...get a grip woman! There are plenty of people older than you who are conceiving and having healthy babies. Congrats and take care of the two of you. Why is YOUR mother of all people not going to be happy that you are PG?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Congrats girl. Ur not that old either. I know wayyyyyyyyyyy too many ppl who have had babies after 40 so the only thing u need to worry about is just taking care of urself and the baby.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
nutty, I am so sorry for your loss. (F) I apologize for saying congrats. I had no idea. :(

I, too, am sorry, Nutty. Please accept my condolences and forgive me.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Congratulations, honey! I'm so happy for you. Oh, yes, anything can happen. I am blessed with a beautiful nephew whose mother was 49 when he was conceived. BIG surprise! If your man is younger, well . . . his dad is 12 years younger than his mom, so, you never know.

Best wishes! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Filed: Other Timeline
Congratulations, honey! I'm so happy for you. Oh, yes, anything can happen. I am blessed with a beautiful nephew whose mother was 49 when he was conceived. BIG surprise! If your man is younger, well . . . his dad is 12 years younger than his mom, so, you never know.

Best wishes! :D :D :D :D :D :D

WOW Go Auntie!!! See that is an argument for YM/OW... :dance::dance::dance:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.