Beauty for Ashes

Um I brought back a souvenir from Algeria

115 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congratulations wahrania!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks Bridget, my 41st birthday is February 5th. I am OLD OLD OLD OLD. I am just surprised eggs are still being released from the graveyard I call my torso LOL...

Congrats!! And you are NOT old. 40's are the new 30's you know! Many woman are having babys in their 40's and its normal. So many women are career oriented now that they start later and later so the babys are coming when they are in their 40's too. My mom was 42 when she had her last child...this was after her 1st child had already had her own baby. So congrats to you! I think its a shock, but a blessing to start this family with your new husband!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
congratulations wahrania!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks Bridget, my 41st birthday is February 5th. I am OLD OLD OLD OLD. I am just surprised eggs are still being released from the graveyard I call my torso LOL...

Girl I just turned 42 in September so don't talk about old to me. lol. When I had my fsh (sp?) test taken a few months back my doc said I"m fertile myrtle. It's the irish genes don't ever deny them. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I think it's perfectly wonderfull that you are expecting! A Child is a Gift From God! And, what better way to "prove" you and your husbands relationship than a baby! LOL Congratulations!!!!

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Timeline
WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I think it's perfectly wonderfull that you are expecting! A Child is a Gift From God! And, what better way to "prove" you and your husbands relationship than a baby! LOL Congratulations!!!!

Well. I am not going to apply for any kind of pregnancy medicaid until I get his package through NVC. I do not want to risk losing my affadavit of support package so I will go to the health department and get the test and then start on prenatals.

I know that I have a really high chance of miscarriage ( 50 percent after the age of 40) so I am trying to just take it easy and not get too excited about being pregnant because we could lose the baby. I always try to kind of keep the pregnancy stuff on the down low until I get about 12 weeks so I get past that critical 3 months. I am just going to go about my life and take care of my little family and wait for Mohamed's package to hit the embassy. I will go ahead to the health department tomorow at least and at least get some care there like the first visit and the official test and some vitamins at least. I can deal with pregnancy medicaid later in the pregnancy as I get more pregnant so I do not mess up his eligibility to get here ( I AM THE SPONSOR SO I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN DIG) I am scared as hell of messing that up so late in this. ANYWAY.... I am at NVC right now and they have processed the 70 dollar fee bill and the 380 one they sent me December 17th went UP ON JANUARY 1st and even though we sent it to them, they are returning it saying we owe 20 dollars more. Well nothing like a pregnancy to put all my weird feelings to rest.

PLEASE OH PLEASE NVC let my husband get through NVC quickly. Well anyway, tomorrow at least I will have my pregnancy test paper and my health department visit. I HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON WORK THOUGH and not think too much about all of this, thats for sure

Love you guys

Congratulations to you!!! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

As long as you are happy and your husband is happy, that's all that counts. However, I know how stressful it is to become pregnant at an inopportune time.

Like you, I am 42 and I did not think I could become pregnant easily. Boy was I wrong!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
As long as you are happy and your husband is happy, that's all that counts. However, I know how stressful it is to become pregnant at an inopportune time.

Like you, I am 42 and I did not think I could become pregnant easily. Boy was I wrong!

I didn't know you are pregnant Nutty! Congratulations! I love babies! :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awww....Congratulations!!! :D We're certainly excited and happy for you

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Well well well.... I had an asthma attack this morning and went to go pick up some asthma medication at the CVS and while I was waiting, picked up an 8 dollar pregnancy test in the isle. I was not thinking I was pregnant because I took one about 5 days after I came home and another a week after I came home ( like one of those 2 test kits) and both were negative. But as of today I still did not have my "friend" so I went in the bathroom at CVS, very unglamorous I know and took the test.

Well ladies, I AM PREGNANT. 2 blue lines. One I130 in NVC, no health insurance to speak of ( I am an independent contractor) and um, an appointment at the health department tomorrow, and a nasty case of asthma and bronchitis that I am afraid to treat because I am very very very early in the pregnancy. ( I probably got pregnant between December 24th and December 27th. I am in a state of major shock and I just did not think that at my age (40) I could get pregnant that easy. My husband and I did not use any protection but we also did not think that I would get pregnant during this 2 week period because in my mind I am really old and its harder for "older women" to ovulate and get pregnant. He is younger than me and maybe his stuff swims a little faster.

Anyway, I am kind of in shock right now and I know the way that I wrote this post looks really weird. I know my mom will kill herself if she finds out so I am kind of keeping it on the down low for a little because I do not want to freak her out. I have no idea how is family is all taking it. I have only talked to him and 2 aunts. One sounded really happy, the other sounded really shocked ( the one from France that looked at me as a walking passport.. YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED with you greencard and ticket out of NORTH AFRICA. The other aunt sounded genuinely happy ( she likes me). So please allow me to vent and talk to you guys cause I sure as hell have no one ELSE to talk to you except you guys cause I am not exactly sure how everyone will react since I just found out today. I think he is in a state of shock. I am in a state of shock. He is telling people in his family that I am pregnant which I think is "kind " of a good sign. It was not the hallmark moment I wanted. But I have had worse days in my life. This was just a weird one

congrats! I just had my second at 35 so what is another 5 years? my mom had me when she was 38 but that was back in the day so that equates to what, 50 now? lol.... i know lots of women in their early 40s who have had babies. 40 is the new 30!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations, Wahrania and Nutty !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear Bridget. I was pregnant, but not anymore.

While in Iran I became pregnant (after being together for two months). But miscarried on the plane leaving Iran. It was sad. But then it was also not a good time either and I had to realize that the timing was terrible.

When people find out I am married to an Iranian, some of them chirp, "Not without my daughter" referring to the movie. Implying my husband would keep me prisoner in Iran if we had children. Makes me really angry! My husband knew I was pregnant and never held me prisoner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.