Zee Bee

GRRRRR

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So I got an email from my bank telling me there was some 'suspicious activity' on my credit card. I checked and lo and behold there it was: about $400 that I had not made all this evening :angry:

But, I managed to get some information from one of the places my credit card number was used at to send the police knocking on their door.

Now, it is 1.5 hours past my bedtime and I am cranky. I have half a mind to go over and let these morons know exactly how I feel.

So freaking annoying!!!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

So I got an email from my bank telling me there was some 'suspicious activity' on my credit card. I checked and lo and behold there it was: about $400 that I had not made all this evening :angry:

But, I managed to get some information from one of the places my credit card number was used at to send the police knocking on their door.

Now, it is 1.5 hours past my bedtime and I am cranky. I have half a mind to go over and let these morons know exactly how I feel.

Agh!! I'm always afraid that will happen! It'd be so dang easy, and there's not a lot of mechanisms around to prevent it!

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully you have your money back and everything's straightened out soon!

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Make sure that e-mail wasn't a phishing scam.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Phishing emails are annoying and, yes, be careful because a bank would normally phone with that kind of information.

At the moment I keep getting (3 since Xmas) phishing emails supposedly from a bank I am not even banking with, telling me that my online account login information is expiring... fun fun *sarcasm* :wacko:

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

there has been phishing scams going on here with my bank some one calling said there from my bank telling people there fraud protection is about to run out and to call them back they have been randomly dialing numbers from town here. a bank will never ask you for your info. because they already have it good luck

I'm giving ZeeNusah the benefit of the doubt here in that it's not an email phishing scam, or he would have figured that out by now.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is what I am thinking.

Would you not get a call from the bank ?

That's what I thought too. But I called the bank directly and verified with them.

Plus, I called all the merchants that had the bogus charges and it was true.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry that happened...you did not deserved that.

That is what I am thinking.

Would you not get a call from the bank ?

That's what I thought too. But I called the bank directly and verified with them.

Plus, I called all the merchants that had the bogus charges and it was true.

That's cool. I just wanted you to cover all bases.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Timeline

About a month ago, I noticed a hold on $134.00 in my checking account. I called my deposit services and found out it was for nutritional products and a $102 wallet from Spain :blink:

It was from my debit card and come to find out the next day, a whole bunch of us were 'comprimised' as the bank put it. After 3 days and many calls, I did get my money put back, and had to wait thru Christmas for a new debit card to be ordered. Scary, because it almost caused my rent check to bounce!

Jackie (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This isn't really ID theft. It is fraud and someone using established credit or accounts. Someone didn't use your SS# to establish new lines of credit, open accounts, etc., which is the start of ID theft.

The worst ID theft is they get valid ID under your SS#, commit other crimes and get arrested under that assumed ID, get bank loans, etc., all under your information and you don't find out for years.

I know a few people who had this happen to them and even after years they still have bill collectors after them, they have trouble with getting new jobs, credit, etc.

Still, I know the feeling of being victimized and having someone steal and use you for their own short term gain. If the economy and the state of the US continues downwards things will only get worse.

When this happened to me and I placed fraud alerts with the 3 credit bureaus and told them to remove me from pre-approved credit card offers it was amazing how much junk mail was eliminated.

I had that happen once. Seems someone was buying dog food in a pet store in Brazil. The card company took care of it very quickly.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Phishing, well perhaps..... I read recently that appoximately 35% of people that are reporting identity theft in recent times are people looking to skip out on legit purchases that they themselves made.....

miss_me_yet.jpg