Danno

JAN 9 is the big day

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well in the morning (actually in just a few hours) Natalia will make her way up to the Embassy for her interview.

I guess I am a little nervous, not really that she will not "perform" well, I'm sure she will but that there will be a document snafu.

Has anyone every heard of a rejection from the moscow area before, I have read a lot of message boards over the years and I don't recall hearing of one.

Wow the Airfare thing has been killing me, I have found killer deals to fly "TO" Russia Round trip but when looking for a one-way ticket for her they have all been coming in around a grand per ticket at best between jan 15 to say the 30th.

Then I dug into some flagged info that I tuck away in a folder, whenever someone mentions a service or some other item that might be helpful someday.

I called a number out of Atlanta, spoke to a travel lady Natasha and she has me reserved for 2 tickets at less than half the lowest price I could find.

If this good deal materializes ... I will post her contact info.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get visa-in-hand after approval?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Hey Danno,

I have no answers to your questions, having not actually gotten to the interview stage myself, but I wanted to wish Natalia the best of luck. I'm sure she'll be fine, I've not actually read of any Moscow flat-out denials on VJ. Please do post the travel agent's contact info if it turns out to be a bona fide deal though. I'm hoping to order a one-way ticket some time in March or April.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I can hardly remember this stuff anymore... but my wife says it took 2 weeks to arrive by mail, in Yoshkar-Ola.

I know you can also pick it up in Moscow at the DHL office. People in this forum have done that... I am sure there is one that can help...

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck to Natalia!!

I believe she should be done by this time (it's almost noon here in Moscow) :)

I haven't heard of any denials lately. Everything should be fine if your fiancee has got all the documents. If not, she'll be asked to bring them later and she'll receive her visa after that.

Often people pick up visas at DHL office in Moscow in about 3 days after interview, but I believe 2 weeks should be enough for the visa to be sent anywhere in Russia.

DHL office in Moscow:

125047, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya st (1-ая Тверская-Ямская ул.), 11

Phone 7-(495) 956-10-00/ 961-10-00

Monday - Friday: 08.00-24.00

Saturday, Sunday:10.00-16.00

Natalia

Our Timeline

2005-08-07 -- Met in Moscow

2007-10-08 -- Got engaged

K-1

2007-10-26 -- I-129F Sent to CSC

2007-11-06 -- NOA1

2008-03-21 -- NOA2!!!

2008-06-30 -- Interview - Approved!!

2008-07-03 -- Visa received

2008-07-11 -- Kyle flies to Moscow

2008-07-14 -- Kyle and Tasha fly home!

2008-07-20 -- Married on the beach

AOS

2008-09-04 -- Filed for AOS

2008-09-10 -- NOA1s

2008-10-06 -- Biometrics

2008-11-15 -- AP approved

2008-11-19 -- EAD approved

2008-11-20 -- AP received

2008-11-24 -- EAD received

2008-12-09 -- Interview- Approved!!

2009-01-23 -- Green card received

Lifting of Conditions

2010-10-01 -- Filed

2010-10-04 -- NOA1

2010-11-12 -- Biometrics

2011-01-12 -- Approved

2011-01-20 -- Green card received

Naturalization

2011-09-10 -- Filed

2011-09-16 -- NOA1

2011-10-14 -- Biometrics

2011-11-22 -- Interview

2011-12-12 -- Approved

2011-12-14 -- Oath Ceremony

0_2_1216497600_ccfb20e6e5ede0f2fb.png

Can't wait to see the "Visa Issued" post!

(And then I can't wait to see that contact info. Great deals "from" Russia would be an awesome find.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Well, this morning I called her and I am glad to report, she did pass the interview!

:thumbs:

She told me that she was surprised it was mostly young men waiting to be interviewed and a few woman.

As for what questions she said it was only three.

1.What is your fiances name?

2. Where did you meet him?

3. How long have you known him?

But the first thing he asked for was photos of us together.

One thing we did that worked out very good was, instead of using a hotel which can be quite expensive in Moscow, Natalia contacted one of the home-stays offered at

UNCLEPASHA.com

It was only like 40 or 50 bucks and the lady Valintina, made her feel very welcome to use anything in the flat they wanted as well as offered advice about metro and where to eat.

Also, although Natalia only paid for one night, after her embassy business she came back and hung out until about midnight when her train home left for home. (try that at a hotel)

She said the visa would be about 3 days, she made it sound like it would be to St. Pet by then but I think DHL in moscow will get it in 3 days and then one or 2 to arrive to her city.

We were both unsure if she should try to speak english or not at the interview so I suggested when the guy asked IF she spoke english to tell him a little and for him to ask questions in Russian and you answer in english, this worked very well.

I have to really hand it to her, when we first met we spoke maybe 95% russian... (even with my small vocabulary.)

I started her taking lessons from a tutor which was very reasonable in cost but half the time he was out of town, and everytime I told her to find a new person she never really did, I know why..... She is a little tight-wad, she hated to hand my money over at every lesson.

Instead she saw the book he was using to teach her from, she had me buy it on e-bay (five bucks) and send it to her, then she pretty much studied on her own.

Now the teacher wants to buy her "new" book from her! She plans to sell it to him for like 35.00 buy another one from e-bay when she gets here.

But as for her learning English....Very diligent, that girl is, every time we spoke on the phone she would read her lesson, with me correcting her pronunciations.

Of course I was kinda "pushin" her a little on the English by suggestion that she might get turned down at the interview if she did not speak some english. :devil:

Couple that with her big interest to learn english and she did not need much prodding.

She really seems to be on a roll now, learning fast.

Now I am forgetting my Russian words even though I often answer her back in Russian to keep practice.

Well thats the latest.

William Penn

Timeline
Freaking awesome news Danno!! Congratulations to you both!! So when is she flying "home?" :)

Can't say for sure, I have those tickets reserved for the 17th but I know they will not hold that unpaid reservation open until she gets the visa in hand...... I am thinking of taking a chance and going ahead and buying the tickets... what would be the chance something would happen at this point?

If I were not a "risk-taker" I would never have come thing far :)

Think I will call that agent tomorrow and see what she says.

William Penn

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
Wow the Airfare thing has been killing me, I have found killer deals to fly "TO" Russia Round trip but when looking for a one-way ticket for her they have all been coming in around a grand per ticket at best between jan 15 to say the 30th.

Yeah, I'm starting to try to figure that out... I think it is the Christmas/New Year fares are the only ones still available but I'm hoping some new ones will appear next week.

The fares are nuts right now: Aeroflot costs more than Delta. One-way also costs more than Round-trip, but of course you could always not use the return trip, though that is technically a violation of the contract of carriage.

On the other hand, I travelled from Moscow using KLM with a transfer in Amsterdam at a great fare, and while I had great weather and no delays or connection problems, I was always a nervous of a baggage delay or a missed connection due to bad weather causing a nightmare layover. The extra security checkpoint in Amsterdam is also annoying. However, if it were not for bringing the baby on the trip, I would hesitate to get them tickets this way also.

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Well, this morning I called her and I am glad to report, she did pass the interview!

Awesome!

One thing we did that worked out very good was, instead of using a hotel

My fiancee did a similar thing (she stayed with Olesya Pomazan, who I believe is an associate of Uncle Pasha) and it also worked quite well and saved a ton of money.

We were both unsure if she should try to speak english or not at the interview so I suggested when the guy asked IF she spoke english to tell him a little and for him to ask questions in Russian and you answer in english, this worked very well.

It does seem that even though English is not required, when they can reply in English it gets "brownie points" with the C/O.

She really seems to be on a roll now, learning fast.

Now I am forgetting my Russian words even though I often answer her back in Russian to keep practice.

Don't worry. After she arrives, her English will significantly improve even more, and so will your Russian!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Great news Danno! You both must be so happy now. I cant wait to feel the same way....

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

I want to report back that she went and picked up the visa from DHL today.

Interview on the 9th and visa arrived on the 13th.

Tomorrow Morning I will call that travel lady back that "had" two tickets reserved. Certainly they are expired by now but I will see what she can find.

Now that we have vis-in-hand, I am ready to buy.

Today natalia, revealed to me this "plan" she had in the back of her mind... should she not be able to get a visa.

This plan was based around the scheme to get me to Move there... rather than wait for Appeals or any other paperwork.

Women,

Born Schemers

:blink:

William Penn

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
I want to report back that she went and picked up the visa from DHL today.

Interview on the 9th and visa arrived on the 13th.

DHL was open on Sunday? Did she get a notice or call or how did she know to go pick up?

I presume DHL tracking shows the package was picked up by DHL from the embassy on Friday, correct?

I guess this reasonably means that DHL should be picking up our visa approved on Jan 10 on Monday, don't you think?

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Timeline

Yes I was surprised they were open Sunday.

They called the day-before (sat) and told her to come the following day.

Neither of us thought to use tracking so I can't answer that one (what were we thinking).

The 10th or 11th sounds like it should be "your-day", but then again, is it going to Vladiostok?

:)

William Penn

Today natalia, revealed to me this "plan" she had in the back of her mind... should she not be able to get a visa.

This plan was based around the scheme to get me to Move there... rather than wait for Appeals or any other paperwork.

Women,

Born Schemers

:blink:

So you wouldn't move to Russia if she didn't get the visa? Why not? And why would she have to come up with some scheme to get you there?

To all the newbies..... slim's tried and true method of weeding out the "schemers" is to offer, before they even talk about marriage and all that stuff, to move there to be with them in their city. Part of their life. Part of their every day normal been doing it since I was born, life.

See what they say then.

But if they're trying to "scheme" you into moving there... you've got a winner!!! Fill out some papers, it's Visa Time!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.