4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

:star::star: Thanks everyone! Seems like out section is going thru great times!! Hope they keep comming!

Deb- Mehmet is such a cutie!! And congrats on the 10 yr GC!!!!!

Julia- Oh the cake and the dress are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You two look so happy to gether, I wish you good times and memories!!

~ Merk

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Gil + Pel,

Yes, send Originals when you can. I also sent in photo copies of the "proof". I ALWAYS made a complete copy of ALL my documents for my own file. This file was used for back up and my husband used it for his interview.

Best wishes to you.

Debbie

Hi everybody !

I am preparing my documents to send the embassy ( package 3 ) but I need some help ...

I am going to send the original documents ( birth certificate, police report, I-134 and related documents ) to the embassy and take copies of each document w/ me to the interview right ?

this might be a stupid question but I had to ask ...

Timeline

Gil + Pel,

Take it with you to the interview...better safe than sorry. I always updated the file with new photos, new emails..:Prooof"...

But I am a crazy paper keeper (maybe because of my job, lol)

Best wishes to you.

Debbie

Ps....Welcome to the group :thumbs:

2 more questions :)

am I going to send the copy of whole I-129F package to the embassy w/ package 3 or am I gonna take it w/ me to the interview ?

am I going to send new pics and emails and chat logs etc. as proofs of ongoing relationship to the embassy w/ package 3 or am I gonna take them w/ me to the interview ?

Timeline

Simply Beautiful..!!

Congratulations to you both. I wish you many years of happiness.

Hi all! So happy to hear everyone's good news and life happenings!

Our wedding was this past Sept. 12th...still waiting for the professional photos, but here's a couple that friends took:

cakecutting.jpgIMG_0141.jpgDSCN5795_large.jpg2323232327Ffp53665nu326943777WSNRCG.jpg

Timeline

awaterlily,

I am fine, thank you for asking. Gosh, it has been a long time, I will just call you ;-)

Hugs,

Debbie

Congrats, Merk!!!

Debbie, your son is beautiful, tfs the pic! I can't believe he's almost 10 months now! where does the time go?

Mina!!! Good to see you on here and hope you are well

Debra, how's everything going with you?

Julia - congrats on the wedding. Your dress is stunning, btw!! TFS pics

All is well here...busy, busy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing personal information removed at OP's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Tanya has been suspiciously MIA......bet she has had her baby! Cannot wait to see a pic and hear from her! Wishing you the best Tanya!

Nice pics Julia...lovely dress!

Nice to hear from you Wendy and everyone else.

Mehmet is absolutely gorgeous!

We are fine! Hamit is still looking for a job and I am looking for a new one!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hello Gil + Pel,

Yes, send Originals when you can. I also sent in photo copies of the "proof". I ALWAYS made a complete copy of ALL my documents for my own file. This file was used for back up and my husband used it for his interview.

Best wishes to you.

Debbie

Hi everybody !

I am preparing my documents to send the embassy ( package 3 ) but I need some help ...

I am going to send the original documents ( birth certificate, police report, I-134 and related documents ) to the embassy and take copies of each document w/ me to the interview right ?

thank you very much for your replies debbie. I appreciate it. I sent everything before u posted them tho... even the entire I-129F package... :whistle:

still tho, thanks a lot ! :)

Edited by Gil + Pel

I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious...

05-21-2009 I-129F SENT

05-29-2009 NOA1

06-10-2009 Touched

08-26-2009 NOA2 !!! :)

08-29-2009 NOA2 hard copy received

08-28-2009 NVC received

09-01-2009 NVC left

09-04-2009 Consulate received

09-10-2009 E-mail received from embassy regarding package 3 ( no paper instructions received. only e-mail )

09-24-2009 Package 3 sent

12-01-2009 Interview date !!! :)VISA APPROVED!!!

12-03-2009 Visa in hand !!! :)

12-27-2009 POE ( JFK )! fast and smooth!

01-04-2010 MARRIED :)

01-26-2010 AOS package sent ( usps express mail )

01-27-2010 Received by USCIS

02-03-2010 Check cashed

02-05-2010 NOA1 received (I-485,I-765,I-131)

02-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (02-26-2010) DONE!!!

03-08-2010 Received a letter that says my finger prints should be re-taken.(appointment date 03/23/2010)

03-11-2010 Biometrics Re-taken (early walk in)

03-24-2010 EAD Approval Notice. (via e-mail)

03-26-2010 Interview Letter Received! (04-27-2010)

03-27-2010 AP Documents Received (Approval date is 03-23-2010)

04-01-2010 EAD Card Received

04-27-2010 GC APPROVED!!!

05-28-2010 GC RECEIVED!!!

Timeline

I had posted this in another forum, but it was suggested it may be better for me to post this here. Mina, thanks for the suggestion.

Today my Askim asked me a question I am not sure I had the right answer for. He's been a little stressed about all of this lately, even more so than I am, since getting the K1 will mean he's leaving family, his city, his country.. the only life he's ever known.

His question to me : "You know I really want to be with you more than anything, but will things be OK for me there? Will it be better for me there than here?" I told him, "Yes honey, I think it will be." and he said "How?"

I wasn't sure how to answer that. I told him he'd be able to earn more money to help his family, I thought he would have more opportunities here, after a while he wouldn't have to work as hard as he does now.. and, of course, that we would be together.

Really, I cannot honestly answer this question for him.. I've been to Turkey, but only on short visits.. never lived there for a long period of time. I can only say I feel everything would be OK for him here based on my own experience and I truly do feel he would have more opportunities here.

A little background that may be important.. He's never been out of Turkey, lives with his family and he's the only son. His parents like me, and always treat me like a daughter, but we know they would be happier if he stayed in Turkey and found a nice Turkish girl. Lately, there has been some pressure regarding this. He's currently works as a jewelry salesman in Istanbul. I already know he would be able to work in my company, in an entry level supervisory job, until he was able to find something that he really wants to do. He will have definite work until he knows what it is he really want to do...

We have a small Turkish community in my city, a couple of Turkish restaurants and grocery stores and a few mosques. No Ezan of course..

I know he's feeling torn between his family and me and I hate that I don't know how to ease his worries. I wish he knew other men that had come here, that could tell him.. "this would be better.. this would be worse".. but there really isn't anyone.

My question to those of you that have made this move ( or your spouses).. what can I say to him to help ease his worries?

We know he'll be able to go home, at least a few times a year, to visit his family.. but will things be better for him here? Has it been better for you? Has it been worse? Has it been the same? In reading some of the early posts in this forum, it seems like it has been a difficult adjustment for many.

How should I answer that question?

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline

Your welcome .....better safe than sorry ;-)

I sent in tons of stuff, I really over did it on everything...but we didnt get a REF and that is all that really mattered.

Best wishes

Hello Gil + Pel,

Best wishes to you.

Debbie

Hi everybody !

thank you very much for your replies debbie. I appreciate it. I sent everything before u posted them tho... even the entire I-129F package... :whistle:

still tho, thanks a lot ! :)

Timeline

JennandFuat,

I sent you a message.

Maybe this is a very personal issue for some....ppl like to think after all this time, paperwork... The tears we shed that only happy time come when we are reunited...doesn’t always work that way...adjusting can be very difficult for some. To others, simple....one won’t know until you live it.

MashAllah…….Not all have hard times, I talk to many who are so very happy...everything just fell into place....

(F) Wishing you both the very best in this journey (F)

Debbie

I had posted this in another forum, but it was suggested it may be better for me to post this here. Mina, thanks for the suggestion.

Today my Askim asked me a question I am not sure I had the right answer for. He's been a little stressed about all of this lately, even more so than I am, since getting the K1 will mean he's leaving family, his city, his country.. the only life he's ever known.

His question to me : "You know I really want to be with you more than anything, but will things be OK for me there? Will it be better for me there than here?" I told him, "Yes honey, I think it will be." and he said "How?"

I wasn't sure how to answer that. I told him he'd be able to earn more money to help his family, I thought he would have more opportunities here, after a while he wouldn't have to work as hard as he does now.. and, of course, that we would be together.

Really, I cannot honestly answer this question for him.. I've been to Turkey, but only on short visits.. never lived there for a long period of time. I can only say I feel everything would be OK for him here based on my own experience and I truly do feel he would have more opportunities here.

A little background that may be important.. He's never been out of Turkey, lives with his family and he's the only son. His parents like me, and always treat me like a daughter, but we know they would be happier if he stayed in Turkey and found a nice Turkish girl. Lately, there has been some pressure regarding this. He's currently works as a jewelry salesman in Istanbul. I already know he would be able to work in my company, in an entry level supervisory job, until he was able to find something that he really wants to do. He will have definite work until he knows what it is he really want to do...

We have a small Turkish community in my city, a couple of Turkish restaurants and grocery stores and a few mosques. No Ezan of course..

I know he's feeling torn between his family and me and I hate that I don't know how to ease his worries. I wish he knew other men that had come here, that could tell him.. "this would be better.. this would be worse".. but there really isn't anyone.

My question to those of you that have made this move ( or your spouses).. what can I say to him to help ease his worries?

We know he'll be able to go home, at least a few times a year, to visit his family.. but will things be better for him here? Has it been better for you? Has it been worse? Has it been the same? In reading some of the early posts in this forum, it seems like it has been a difficult adjustment for many.

How should I answer that question?

Timeline

yes. I think Debbie says this best.

There's just no way to know what the experience will be like until your SO gets here. That said, it sounds like you are doing the right things in preparation of arrival - talking. GL and KUP!

JennandFuat,

I sent you a message.

Maybe this is a very personal issue for some....ppl like to think after all this time, paperwork... The tears we shed that only happy time come when we are reunited...doesn't always work that way...adjusting can be very difficult for some. To others, simple....one won't know until you live it.

MashAllah…….Not all have hard times, I talk to many who are so very happy...everything just fell into place....

(F) Wishing you both the very best in this journey (F)

Debbie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.