Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my good news - I got a job teaching 2nd grade! It's at the same school where I did my graduate internship all year. I am very excited! :dance:

Now we are just waiting for Onur's EAD so he can start working! He's soooo ready.

TEBRIKLER Julia!! :)

I know, so is Yilmaz!!

Edited by wendya

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi all,i have question about Turkish military,i came to Us 3 monhts ago with K-1 ,then got marryed and Sent my AOS,So what should i do for extension my military?What about translation our document to Turkish can i do it by myself?Thank you!!!!

You can postpone your military duty at the Turkish embassy in your area once you receive youir employment authorization card (there are also other ways but employment in the US is one of them). Since your visa was a k1, you'll also need to register your marriage at the Turkish embassy that has jurisdiction over the area where you got married (this can be different than the embassy you actually visit to get the military postponement papers...for example, we live in Delaware so we had to visit the Turkish embassy in New York to postpone my husband's military duty; however, because we got married in Las Vegas, we had to register our marriage with the Turkish embassy in California). It's a good idea to give the embassy a call prior to going there to make sure you have it all straight...we made several trips to New York before we got it straightened out.

I'm not sure what document you need to translate into Turkish....

Good Luck!

Tanya

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi all,i have question about Turkish military,i came to Us 3 monhts ago with K-1 ,then got marryed and Sent my AOS,So what should i do for extension my military?What about translation our document to Turkish can i do it by myself?Thank you!!!!

You can postpone your military duty at the Turkish embassy in your area once you receive youir employment authorization card (there are also other ways but employment in the US is one of them). Since your visa was a k1, you'll also need to register your marriage at the Turkish embassy that has jurisdiction over the area where you got married (this can be different than the embassy you actually visit to get the military postponement papers...for example, we live in Delaware so we had to visit the Turkish embassy in New York to postpone my husband's military duty; however, because we got married in Las Vegas, we had to register our marriage with the Turkish embassy in California). It's a good idea to give the embassy a call prior to going there to make sure you have it all straight...we made several trips to New York before we got it straightened out.

I'm not sure what document you need to translate into Turkish....

Good Luck!

Tanya

Hi Tanya - how long has Ozzy been able to postpone for? I take it this hasn't caused a problem for him when he has returned to Turkey to visit? What are your long term plans - will he have to do his military service or pay that hefty fee at some point?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline
Hi Tanya - how long has Ozzy been able to postpone for? I take it this hasn't caused a problem for him when he has returned to Turkey to visit? What are your long term plans - will he have to do his military service or pay that hefty fee at some point?

Hi Julia,

Ozzy was able to postpone his military for 2 years at a time. We are getting ready to have to do it again this coming fall/winter for 2 more years. He has had absolutely no problem visiting Turkey in the meantime, although we had a tense moment during this last trip when soldiers stopped our bus and asked to see everyone's ID! I remembered at that moment that I had forgotten to bring his postponement papers and had visions of them hauling him off the bus and away from me for god knows how long! Fortunately all was well tho... :whistle:

I think his longterm plans are to naturalize and that will relieve him of his obligation completely (if I understand it correctly)...although he also talks about the day when we move back to Turkey together permanenty...so I'm not sure how it's all going to end up. As far as I know though, the only way to get out of both doing the service and paying the fee is to change his citizenship.

Oh, and congratulations on your new job BTW!! :)

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Julia,

Ozzy was able to postpone his military for 2 years at a time. We are getting ready to have to do it again this coming fall/winter for 2 more years. He has had absolutely no problem visiting Turkey in the meantime, although we had a tense moment during this last trip when soldiers stopped our bus and asked to see everyone's ID! I remembered at that moment that I had forgotten to bring his postponement papers and had visions of them hauling him off the bus and away from me for god knows how long! Fortunately all was well tho... :whistle:

I think his longterm plans are to naturalize and that will relieve him of his obligation completely (if I understand it correctly)...although he also talks about the day when we move back to Turkey together permanenty...so I'm not sure how it's all going to end up. As far as I know though, the only way to get out of both doing the service and paying the fee is to change his citizenship.

Tanya

Thanks for the info, Tanya! I wonder if there is a limit on how many times you are able to postpone. Onur will need to get a new visa sometime before next spring as well - his original is only valid for 2 years (and it cost 200 lira or something crazy like that!) Does anyone know if he can get a new Turkish visa at a Turkish consulate here?

How is everyone doing? It has been so quiet here lately! I hope that means everyone is busy enjoying summer :)

Onur got his Advanced Parole documents in the mail yesterday - maybe we'll take a trip up to Canada just to celebrate - it's only 3 hours away! Hoping this means his EAD card is coming soon.

How are all of the expecting mommies doing? Anyone getting close?

Wendy & Erika - how are your hubbies doing?

Stay in touch!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Hi Julia,

Tanya

Thanks for the info, Tanya! I wonder if there is a limit on how many times you are able to postpone. Onur will need to get a new visa sometime before next spring as well - his original is only valid for 2 years (and it cost 200 lira or something crazy like that!) Does anyone know if he can get a new Turkish visa at a Turkish consulate here?

How is everyone doing? It has been so quiet here lately! I hope that means everyone is busy enjoying summer :)

Onur got his Advanced Parole documents in the mail yesterday - maybe we'll take a trip up to Canada just to celebrate - it's only 3 hours away! Hoping this means his EAD card is coming soon.

How are all of the expecting mommies doing? Anyone getting close?

Wendy & Erika - how are your hubbies doing?

Stay in touch!

Hi Julia and Onur! We are doing okay. Still adjusting to everything (we have our good days and our bad days) Congrats on Onur's EAD. I bet he can't wait to start working! I know I hate the way Yilmaz acts when he is not working! He is so depressed!

We have our Bio on Wednesday and then I am hoping to eat at a Turkish Restaurant in the city afterward. (maybe that will cheer him up!)

Thanks for asking how we were doing. Best luck to you and Onur and to everyone else.

Tanya, how are you doing? How are you feeling? Yilmaz's sister will be giving birth this week we think.

Take care everyone! Hugs to ALL!! :)(L)

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

Timeline

Hi everyone...I'm still hanging in here. There's some kind of problem with my laptop( overly sensitive mouse pad I think) and I have tried numerous times to post and have been unable to...I'll write a big paragraph and just as I'm about to post, the whole thing disappears...VERY frustrating!! Giving it one more try...

Julia, do you mean Onur needs a new Turkish passport? Ozzy needs one too. His expires in December. I would imagine it could be gotten at the Turkish embassy, but I'm not sure. Its something we need to check into as well.

Wendy, congrats to Yilmaz's sister! I wish I were giving birth this week! I'm so tired of being pregnant!!!

Erika...try not to be so depressed. I think the sooner you stop stressing about it, the sooner it will happen for you. Sometimes it just takes time. My advice is just relax and enjoy your husband...build some memories, just the 2 of you... and sooner or later, you'll be pleasantly surprised :) You know what they say about a watched pot...:P

Well, nursing school is starting back up this week (my last semester!) and with the baby due soon, things are getting ready to get really "interesting" around my house!!

Take care everyone!

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Hi everyone...I'm still hanging in here. There's some kind of problem with my laptop( overly sensitive mouse pad I think) and I have tried numerous times to post and have been unable to...I'll write a big paragraph and just as I'm about to post, the whole thing disappears...VERY frustrating!! Giving it one more try...

Julia, do you mean Onur needs a new Turkish passport? Ozzy needs one too. His expires in December. I would imagine it could be gotten at the Turkish embassy, but I'm not sure. Its something we need to check into as well.

Wendy, congrats to Yilmaz's sister! I wish I were giving birth this week! I'm so tired of being pregnant!!!

Erika...try not to be so depressed. I think the sooner you stop stressing about it, the sooner it will happen for you. Sometimes it just takes time. My advice is just relax and enjoy your husband...build some memories, just the 2 of you... and sooner or later, you'll be pleasantly surprised :) You know what they say about a watched pot...:P

Well, nursing school is starting back up this week (my last semester!) and with the baby due soon, things are getting ready to get really "interesting" around my house!!

Take care everyone!

Tanya

Hi Tanya!! Good to see you post :) I know how frusting the problem you were having with your computer is. That happened to me before when I was trying to send an e-mail. I would write this big paragraph and "boom" would lose it all when I tried to send! Glad yours finally went through! Thanks for the congrats for Yilmaz's sister. It was so funny, Yilmaz called the day she went into the hospital and she heard other mothers giving birth. She got so scared, she told the doctor to give her a cecerian. Now in America, they wouldn't do that, but in Turkey, they did.

I have been thinking about you! When in September are you due?

Good luck with nursing school (wow, you are a wonder woman!).

Enjoy the rest of the summer (boy it flew by!)

Hugs,

Wendy

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

how would all of you who had gone through the embassy in ankara rate it in regards to quickness, niceness, professionalism, etc etc?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

how would all of you who had gone through the embassy in ankara rate it in regards to quickness, niceness, professionalism, etc etc?

I would say the woman who did the interview was very professional and fair. I listened in on the interviews from what I can hear and the only interviewer who sounded kinda angry (AKA "Chinese chick" as dubbed by another VJ memeber)....she asked excessive questions in my opinion in a very accusing manner when in the end she was granting visas anyway, but just wanted to be a ######. All the other interviewers sounded average, as in no one was joking or having a good time :D You wait in a big room much like any other government office (social security, welfare, post office, DMV) where numbers are called by some electronic womans voice preceeded by a "ding" lol Anyhow, if you are a true couple and don't blab and answer honestly, you really cannot go wrong in your interview. I can say our interviewer was actually pleased to be granting a visa. I don't think they look to deny visas, so don't worry-i know I did too much!

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Oh yea, Hamit's green card was approved...should be getting it in a week or so, but there isn't much work here or anywhere I think for that matter. Julia, and wendy: Onur and Yilmaz having an easy time looking for work or is it just as difficult? Yea, tanya soun ds like your house will be getting pretty interesting! Good luck with everything! ( I don't mean that sarcastically) lol

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

there's a chance our interview might be done there, hence why i ask. i only say that because my husband and i were married in turkey.

would this "chinese chick" maybe be ms. kim?

i had a funny experience in 2007 there when i got married.

went to the US embassy to sign an affidavit to marry from them. after i left, i lost my passport, like literally right after i left and was walking towards kizilay. i came back, she remembered me. i had to get an emergency passport at that point..i was so pissed off! but she seemed amused by it all. in the end, everything turned out ok. i'm hoping if we do get sent there, that she will remember me and us in general.

i like the embassy in general, have been there a few times. but never in this situation, hence why i asked.

thanks a lot.

i'm also now trying to figure out if it would be possible to have our case sent there versus damascus....

KIB

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
Oh yea, Hamit's green card was approved...should be getting it in a week or so, but there isn't much work here or anywhere I think for that matter. Julia, and wendy: Onur and Yilmaz having an easy time looking for work or is it just as difficult? Yea, tanya soun ds like your house will be getting pretty interesting! Good luck with everything! ( I don't mean that sarcastically) lol

Congrats on the GC approval! Yeah, work is scarce, as I am finding out. Hopefully this economy will start to pick up soon!

Wendy, that's too funny about Yilmaz's sister! I assume everything went fine though? Docs here I think are overanxious to perform c-sections but I never heard of anyone getting one just because they asked for it! I'm due Sept 25th, but hoping to go early (which would be *very* unusual for me). I am so uncomfortable (read: HUGE) and I don't know how I will survive in clinicals in my current condition. On the other hand, once the baby is here, I will have the issue of a needing a sitter everytime I have to be in school. My kids are old enough to stay by themselves if need be (my oldest is 14) so I've kinda become accustomed to being able to just up and go when I need to. That's all about to change! Ozzy has committed to watching the baby when I need to be in school, but he and his partner have just opened a restaurant together and he has a huge time committment there...the subject has already come up about finding an alternate sitter.... :help: I'm not so sure how comfortable I am with that.....

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.