Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Enrapured - we were.

for the purposes of the I-130, we made a photocopy of every relevant page, including the translations key pages in the back, of our marriage book. When your spouse goes for the interview, they'll need to bring the actual book. Otherwise, certified copies are not needed.

That said, if you must get one, requests to the office are extremely SLOW and may not reach your hands in time. You're better off going there in person, if able to do so.

GL and KUP! :thumbs:

Question: did anyone marry in Ankara? I wrote to the Cankkaya Belediyesi office to ask for certified copies of my marriage certificate but never got a reply....is there a specific office for this in Ankara? Or does it matter where you married?

Julia - THANKS! Can't wait to see pics of everyone else's lil ones!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Enrapured - we were.

for the purposes of the I-130, we made a photocopy of every relevant page, including the translations key pages in the back, of our marriage book. When your spouse goes for the interview, they'll need to bring the actual book. Otherwise, certified copies are not needed.

That said, if you must get one, requests to the office are extremely SLOW and may not reach your hands in time. You're better off going there in person, if able to do so.

awaterlily:

I thought I'd need to send in my original marriage certificate to NVC? Wouldn't this then be sent to the embassy when my husband gets his interview scheduled? He has a translated/notarized copy of our marriage certificate right now, and I have the original aile cuzdani...

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Enrapured - we were.

GL and KUP! :thumbs:

Question: did anyone marry in Ankara? I wrote to the Cankkaya Belediyesi office to ask for certified copies of my marriage certificate but never got a reply....is there a specific office for this in Ankara? Or does it matter where you married?

Julia - THANKS! Can't wait to see pics of everyone else's lil ones!

Maybe in a couple more years for us ;) Hopefully not longer!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
I thought I'd need to send in my original marriage certificate to NVC? Wouldn't this then be sent to the embassy when my husband gets his interview scheduled? He has a translated/notarized copy of our marriage certificate right now, and I have the original aile cuzdani...

I'm doing DCF in Ankara and the directions I read said to include the original marriage certificate along with a photocopy and they will return the original at the interview and keep the copy. I might call again on Monday to make sure because I'd rather not send the original if I don't have to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Well, Yilmaz and I sent our AOS papers via FedEx yesterday. They should receive tomorrow morning :)

Almost made the biggest error, I was sitting at my desk at work and thinking about the money I needed to deposit to cover the cost of AOS and realized the check was still in my purse!!!!! I frantically called FedEx and luckily the package had not been picked up! I rushed down and was able to put the check in before it was picked up today! Thank the Lord!!!!!! I prayed all the way back to the office thanking God I was able to advert this catastrophe!! Lately I don't know where my head has been!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Haha well glad you realized it and all is well :) The AOS process is stressful & expensive enough! Should go MUCH faster and easier than the visa tho İnşallah (and at least you are together while you're waiting)!

Best Wishes

Tanya

You are right, at least we are together :) How long did it take for your AOS? Did you and Ozzy have to go to an interview?

Hi Wendy,

We filed for AOS in Nov of 2007 and he received the GC at the end of March 2008...but things were backed up at that time because it was around the time when they raised the rates and lots of ppl filed at the last minute to avoid the big rate hike. I'm not sure how long it is currently taking...hopefully not as long as ours did. Our Advance Parole and Employment Auth came really fast though...within about 2 months. Ozzy did not have to go for an interview for AOS...just biometrics.

Good Luck!!

Tanya

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

Congrats Erika!! That's so exciting! :star::star:

...and OMG Awaterlily, your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!!! Those pics are absolutely precious :yes:

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

The I-130 form instructions are found here

on page two, top of the second column under heading 'What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?,' item A says to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

awaterlily:

thanks!!!

...and OMG Awaterlily, your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!!! Those pics are absolutely precious :yes:

as far as I know the DCF are done differently since everything is managed at the embassy level.

I'm doing DCF in Ankara and the directions I read said to include the original marriage certificate along with a photocopy and they will return the original at the interview and keep the copy. I might call again on Monday to make sure because I'd rather not send the original if I don't have to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
The I-130 form instructions are found here

on page two, top of the second column under heading 'What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?,' item A says to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

canim....that's my point. i am doing the NVC thing now. i already sent a notarized copy of my aile cuzdani in. but now we are at the point where i need to send in info for NVC...this is what LingChe's NVC list says:

b. Send your IV Package (USPS Express mail gives tracking and essentially insures delivery)

Below are the package contents:

· BARCODED Cover Sheet (to be printed from web when your status is PAID online for IV bill)

· You OWN cover sheet listing what documents are in the package, so they're easy for the reviewer to locate

· Completed DS-230 part I & II and ONLY part I signed by beneficiary.

· Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page.

· Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate.

· Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate.

· Original police certificates of the beneficiary.

· Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable.

· Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable.

Make 2 extra copies of this package. Send 1 copy to the beneficiary

This is why I want to confirm....this list says this. I can ask hubby to go to Turkey to get a certified copy, but we really don't want to go through the hassle. He is at a job that he can't just leave. My cousin however lives in Ankara and I am wondering for that reason if any old person can just waltz in one of these offices and ask them for a certified copy of my marriage?

On a side note: NVC sucks! Sucks sucks sucks....talked to them twice already.....I don't think these people know anything? Just read from placards or something?!?! I always get different answers from people....

So, that's why I'm here....

Thanks....

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
This is why I want to confirm....this list says this. I can ask hubby to go to Turkey to get a certified copy, but we really don't want to go through the hassle. He is at a job that he can't just leave. My cousin however lives in Ankara and I am wondering for that reason if any old person can just waltz in one of these offices and ask them for a certified copy of my marriage?

On a side note: NVC sucks! Sucks sucks sucks....talked to them twice already.....I don't think these people know anything? Just read from placards or something?!?! I always get different answers from people....

So, that's why I'm here....

Thanks....

I wouldn't be surprised if they would give a copy to your cousin. Government offices can be a bit disorganized here. Maybe you could email her your ID and a letter giving permission to show them.

I must say the consulate and embassy here have some of the rudest staff and poorest service of any country I've lived in or traveled to. The consulates in Germany and Norway...heck even Dubai were better. :unsure: hmmmn. I really hope they don't read VJ. :P

Hello everyone,

:(:blush:

I somehow knew this was too good to be true....as quick as pregnancy came-it was gone. That is what i get for testing before my monthly visitor has even come calling. I was pretty down, but am OK now. I regret telling everyone so quickl. That is why they have that age old piece of advice called "don't tell anyone until the 1st trimester is over" deal. Oh, well....just hope conceiving doesn't take too long. How long did it take you Tanya if ya don't mind me asking? I am no spring chicken anymore, but I am not old either at 34 yrs of age :lol: Well, I thought me and Hamit being together was too good to be true and here we are as well....so much with my fatalistic, negative thinking...but still......

BTW awaterlily....OMG your daughter is so freaking CUTE and gorgeous...I want to gobble her up and bite her little cheeks!

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline
Hello everyone,

:(:blush:

I somehow knew this was too good to be true....as quick as pregnancy came-it was gone. That is what i get for testing before my monthly visitor has even come calling. I was pretty down, but am OK now. I regret telling everyone so quickl. That is why they have that age old piece of advice called "don't tell anyone until the 1st trimester is over" deal. Oh, well....just hope conceiving doesn't take too long. How long did it take you Tanya if ya don't mind me asking? I am no spring chicken anymore, but I am not old either at 34 yrs of age :lol: Well, I thought me and Hamit being together was too good to be true and here we are as well....so much with my fatalistic, negative thinking...but still......

BTW awaterlily....OMG your daughter is so freaking CUTE and gorgeous...I want to gobble her up and bite her little cheeks!

Hi all,i have question about Turkish military,i came to Us 3 monhts ago with K-1 ,then got marryed and Sent my AOS,So what should i do for extension my military?What about translation our document to Turkish can i do it by myself?Thank you!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just wanted to share my good news - I got a job teaching 2nd grade! It's at the same school where I did my graduate internship all year. I am very excited! :dance:

Now we are just waiting for Onur's EAD so he can start working! He's soooo ready.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline

Just wanting to wish everyone a great Journey!!!! Hope everyone is having GREAT PREGNANCIES( lol under the circimstances !!! ) !!!!!

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

Just wanted to share my good news - I got a job teaching 2nd grade! It's at the same school where I did my graduate internship all year. I am very excited! :dance:

Now we are just waiting for Onur's EAD so he can start working! He's soooo ready.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.