Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Hello again everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all of us moms including all the new mommies-in-waiting who were afflicted by the pregnancy outbreak in this forum!! Exciting stuff

Sorry for the disjointed posts with missing paragraphs above-I don't know what happened and didn't want to retype it all so if you want to know more just ask although it's been two months since the interview! lol I wanna add that the POE at Chicago was extremely pleasant-he apologized for taking so long!...congratulated Hamit and asked if I was sick bcz of my cough! No nosy questioning, robot-like demeanor or rudeness! :)

Finally ! I am over bronchitis.:dance: Now I am back to working as usual and Hamit is adjusting well and he has kept his promise not to smoke fo 9 weesks now! On a sour note, my brother is milking me dry money-wise bcz I have been heping him out and Hamit's family is pressuring him to work! Any of your spouses' families do the same thing?...he just wants to adjust and improve his English before jumping out there now that reality has hit! And he doesn't even have an EAD! He kinda got down about them and wants to distance himself if it keeps up, but feels guilty doing so...sigh...and his unmarried brother who supports their parents rakes in like $65,000 yearly (rich by Turkish means and my own US of A opinion!!), but wants Hamit to takeover!!! #######??!!!! Cheapskate! The U.S is NOT a gold mine as everyone thinks....Geez. How did your non-USC spouse deal with foreign family after moving?

Tanya-I envy you and your severance package and pregnancy-everything just fell into place for you!! I think it definitely was a blessing in diguise! Only drawback is finishing nursing school-but anyone can do that!! Come on! Piece of cake! Just kdiding..... I am a little looney fom lack of sleep D/T snoring from another dimension that never ends even as I speak :dancing::alien::wub::wacko::bonk::wow::lol::ot2:

BayanAltun and all newbies still awaiting their consular interviews: how are you doing?

Looks like Julia/Onur and Wendy/Yilmaz re just cruising along smoothly! Life is good, isn't it?! (even with Hamit's snoring :dead::wacko::blink::help::rofl: ) How did you Onur and Yilmaz manage to get SS#'s wthout problems? I have read and re-read those "ROM" or "PROM" notes and if I am not mistaken it is too late now that we a married to get a SS# until the EAD comes or??

Your day will come Sibel when you will be telling us all about your happy life-I never forget you when I post here and cannot wait to open VJ ad see the good news sometime soon! I am so glad you are going to visit your hubby so you two can renew your strength!!

Ok now time to disappear for a month and return t write another book/post!

Love to all!

Erika

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone! Well Ozzy has so kindly ınstalled an old laptop in the place of my work computer so at least I have something to surf wıth...it has a Turkish keyboard tho so pls excuse ıf I get my ıs and is mıxed up LOL...and I stıll havent found the apostrophe on thıs thıng!

Erika, glad to hear all ıs well wıth you (well except Hamıts snoring LOL...Ozzy does the same...and is the worlds biggest cover stealer, and sleeps rather vıolently LOL. Im afraid to sleep with my belly toward him for fear he wıll jab the bebek wıth a knee or an elbow ın the mıddle of the nıght!). It was good to read your interview story. Sorry his family is being a pain...yes Americas reputation as a gold mıne is overinflated in my opinion too. I think its largely because of our mortgage system and car loan system etc. They are just now getting those thıngs ın Turkey and for years ppl had to save for decades to buy a house or a car - or could never afford those thıngs - while those ın the US just need to have a steady job and halfway decent credit. No one consıders that the bank really owns most of our stuff...they think we are all rıch here! Tell them that Hamit ıs not allowed to work yet and that even when he is, jobs are scarce here and it will take time (lots of ıt) before he will be able to support his parents. Ozzy does send money - occasıonally - when his parents need somethıng, but ıt ıs certaınly not a regular occurrence and he has been here a year and a half.

Wendy, your wedding is goıng to be fantastıc I thınk! Sounds lıke a dream weddıng/honeymoon combo! Take lots of pictures!

Hope all ıs well wıth everyone else. I am doing fıne....dont mıss my job one bıt now that I am done there. I need to get myself into an exercıse routıne tho before I pack on too many pounds here relaxing around the house!

(L)

Tanya

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

I SEE YOU TANYA! BOO! LOL

I am getting ready for work, but yea he is snoring again :wow::lol: and yea he steals covers too. You must be getting close to your trip right? Hows pregnancy going? You enjoy being a domestic goddess so far? You are having a boy or? OK enough questions I gotta go put on my face and tackle some patients today....and poo :help:

Timeline

I am getting ready for work, but yea he is snoring again :wow::lol: and yea he steals covers too. You must be getting close to your trip right? Hows pregnancy going? You enjoy being a domestic goddess so far? You are having a boy or? OK enough questions I gotta go put on my face and tackle some patients today....and poo :help:

Hey Erika, yeah I am enjoying the domestıc goddess deal a lot :star: It used to be my dream to be a stay at home mom but unfortunately I never found myself a rıch man LOL so I eventually gave up on that and decided I mıght as well have a career...so I guess I get to live the dream for a few months :) It hasnt even been a week yet and my laundry ıs caught up (for the fırst tıme ın...god knows how long) and my house has never been so clean! Im even cooking again on a regular basis...Ozzys pretty happy about that...I think he was starting to wonder if I would ever start cooking again, poor man.... :P

Yeah our trıp will be June 16-30....I cant waıt!! Just hope I dont get too is much bigger before then or Im afraıd that long plane rıde ıs goıng to be REALLY uncomfortable..... :blink: The pregnancy is going perfectly now that the morning sickness is over....we had an ultrasound last week and it looks like a baby GIRL :):)

Well have fun in poo-ville haha!

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Hi Wendy! Well it sounds like you are going to have a fabulous wedding in Hawaii! How exciting! Please post photos or describe all the details, leis, sunsets, wave height--you name it! :star:

I am still waiting. :whistle: I will be heading to Turkey this summer to see the husband, I just need to try to find a plane ticket and a place for my kitty.

Hi Sibel :) I hope you are right and everything goes well and is fabulous! I do love Hawaii and I hope Yilmaz loves it just as much as I do :) I will let everyone know how everything goes.

I hope and pray for your good news soon!! I am glad that you are going to Turkey, I think it will be good for you both :) If I lived closer, I would watch your kitty! I love animals and often watch friends and co-workers animals when they go on vacation.

Have a wonderful, safe trip to Turkey!!

Big Hugs,

Wendy

Hey Erika, yeah I am enjoying the domestıc goddess deal a lot :star: It used to be my dream to be a stay at home mom but unfortunately I never found myself a rıch man LOL so I eventually gave up on that and decided I mıght as well have a career...so I guess I get to live the dream for a few months :) It hasnt even been a week yet and my laundry ıs caught up (for the fırst tıme ın...god knows how long) and my house has never been so clean! Im even cooking again on a regular basis...Ozzys pretty happy about that...I think he was starting to wonder if I would ever start cooking again, poor man.... :P

Yeah our trıp will be June 16-30....I cant waıt!! Just hope I dont get too is much bigger before then or Im afraıd that long plane rıde ıs goıng to be REALLY uncomfortable..... :blink: The pregnancy is going perfectly now that the morning sickness is over....we had an ultrasound last week and it looks like a baby GIRL :):)

Well have fun in poo-ville haha!

Tanya

Oh Tanya, a little girl!! How wonderful!! Do you have any names picked out yet? Will it be Turkish or American or both?

Your trip is only a month away!! I bet you are getting excited!

Well enjoy your time home and I hope you continue to feel great!!

Hugs and best wishes,

Wendy

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Erika, Great to see you post!! I loved your recounting of your interview!

Hope all is well with you and Hamit!

Oh, by the way, Yilmaz snors too and hogs the covers!! He also takes up most of the bed!! And right now, he is sick!!! We leave in 5 days! I hope I don't get sick too!!

Boy men are babies when they are sick!!!

Hugs to you too!

Wendy

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi girls,

Sorry for not writing often.. I feel so exhausted all the time.. i can't wait for the second trimester.. I talk to Sibel sometimes online or phone..now I've read all your messages..I am happy to see that everybody is doing well.. well not only Turkish men snore or steal cover..my american hubby does the same thing :) I put a cotton thing (i don't know what it is called but sold in raid aid-cvs) in my ears to sleep better and always put some cover underneat myself, so he can't steal lol

I wasn't feeling well last week. you know we get vaccines before the interview. I received also a vaccine that is called Rubella.. It was Feb 18th. I was told not to get pregnant within 1 or 2 months. but i got pregnant.. then i e-mailed to the american hospital in istanbul..they scared me so much..they said in this case the baby can be born with birth defect! I called my doctor here again and said i was too concerned then we went to the hospital on monday for consultation..doctor made me feel better..she said i got pregnant around march 19th that gives me at least a month after the vaccine..she asked some questions about our medical history..my side and my husband's side never had any baby with birth defect that was a good sign too.. but they'll do ultraosund this friday.. i am just praying my baby's health..

i can't belive that amerixan hospital made me so scared and worried..even if there was risks the way they told me absolutely wrong and cruel.. i think this is one of the differences between here and turkey.. turkish doctors don't care a pregnant woman's

psychology at all..

btw i got my work authorization card just after applying 1.5 month! that was fast.. but the funny thing is that i won't be able to work.. we'll go to vacation in june then my belly will get bigger..nobody is going to hire me for a few months.. i am really bored now, but i know after december i won't have any time to get bored :))

Love to all,

Filiz

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile, so I was just reading through the posts. 3 weeks from today is Ramazan's interview. This last stretch is horrible!! I think I am unsettled because I have no control over how the interview will go. Pray for us, please!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Deanna

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I've written. It has been a busy last month or so. I graduated a couple of weeks ago and now can officially write "M.Ed" after my name :) I'm looking for a teaching job - have another interview tomorrow...wish me luck!

Onur and I officially tied the knot on May 18th. We are having our "wedding" this coming September 12th. I am having fun planning, dress shopping, and all that good stuff.

We have been saving money to apply for Onur's AOS. It looks like we are going to be able to send in the paperwork this week or next. Onur is getting bored out of his mind and REALLY wants to be working. It's stressful for both of us, but we know that this is only temporary.

What's up with the rest of you? Any more news? How are the mommas-to-be doing? Everyone else?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline

Congrats on your graduation and wedding Julia!! :star: Good luck with the job hunt too!

I guess I havent written in a while either...I think I hit a little depression after getting laid off from my job last month. I guess Im just one of those people who need that 'sense of purpose' or whatever and didnt know quite what to do with all that time on my hands. Feeling better now tho, now that the kids are out of school and are at home driving me crazy every day LOL. Im getting excited about our upcoming trip too...we are leaving next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Turkey! All is well on the baby front too...September still seems so far away though!

How is everyone else? Wendy? Erika? Filiz? Awaterlily? Others??

Hope all is well!

(L)

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Congrats on your graduation and wedding Julia!! :star: Good luck with the job hunt too!

I guess I havent written in a while either...I think I hit a little depression after getting laid off from my job last month. I guess Im just one of those people who need that 'sense of purpose' or whatever and didnt know quite what to do with all that time on my hands. Feeling better now tho, now that the kids are out of school and are at home driving me crazy every day LOL. Im getting excited about our upcoming trip too...we are leaving next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Turkey! All is well on the baby front too...September still seems so far away though!

How is everyone else? Wendy? Erika? Filiz? Awaterlily? Others??

Hope all is well!

(L)

Tanya

Hello Tanya and Julia and everyone!

I was wondering where everyone was, but didn't have energy to take the initiative to write first :lol:

We are doing fine. I took five days off and day five is here tomorrow. Sucks. We are sending the AOS package tomorrow.

Tanya, I am so glad you get to go to Turkey, but don't be depressed about having a "purpose"!! There's nothing more important a purpose as being a mommy silly! You need to take a break anyway with a new one coming! Enjoy this while you can. You are so cute Tanya (L)

Julia, I know what you mean by Onur being bored....Hamit kinda got over it a couple weeks ago, thank god! Hope it doesn't return either! What else is there to do anyway about this problem? It's tough sometimes...I know. Are you still moving or have you already?

How are you Sibel? Did you go to Turkey? How is everything........?

I'm sorry Deanna, I forget when you two have your interview? If it's complete how was it? Or if it's coming up, what else do you need to do?

Thanks for the update Filiz. I'm sorry you are so tired, but again, enjoy this time as you won't be able to sleep whenever you want later! When are you due again? (Geez, I am forgetful!...lol)

How is everyone else?

O.k I am gonna go now......cannot believe how time has flown this past year!

Take care everyone and keep up those happy, healthy pregnancies

Wendy? I forgot to ask about you :lol::bonk:

You must be in either heaven or hell to not write so long...lol

You still in orgasmic bliss after Hawaii or?

Totally off topic: How do we get our guys to wear deodorant regularly? Anyone have luck? :blink: I know the norm in America is to wear deodorant almost obsessively, but can we have some middle ground? :unsure:

I realized today, after being largely unsuccessful in this department, that I often find myself trying to rush home when out together before "this" becomes problematic....lol :rofl: :rofl: :secret::hehe::help::dead::ph34r:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Wendy? I forgot to ask about you :lol::bonk:

You must be in either heaven or hell to not write so long...lol

You still in orgasmic bliss after Hawaii or?

Totally off topic: How do we get our guys to wear deodorant regularly? Anyone have luck? :blink: I know the norm in America is to wear deodorant almost obsessively, but can we have some middle ground? :unsure:

I realized today, after being largely unsuccessful in this department, that I often find myself trying to rush home when out together before "this" becomes problematic....lol :rofl: :rofl: :secret::hehe::help::dead::ph34r:

Haha! I take the direct approach of "Honey...you smell...go put on some deodorant." The first few weeks he was here I would ask him almost everyday after he showered, "Did you put on deodorant?" He has finally gotten into the habit - thank goodness!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.