NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

We are here in America now! We got an apartment and are getting everything together and organized. We are enjoying our time together and I don't work until the 17th. We are getting married on the 2nd and that is about it for now. My children totally are happy for us. Everything is so fantabulous and went so smoothly I still don't believe it.

I know I still have to write about our experience, but I have so much to do and will fill you in asap!

Yes, we MUST get together when Sibel and Muhammet are together. We are waiting with you Sibel!

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
We are here in America now! We got an apartment and are getting everything together and organized. We are enjoying our time together and I don't work until the 17th. We are getting married on the 2nd and that is about it for now. My children totally are happy for us. Everything is so fantabulous and went so smoothly I still don't believe it.

I know I still have to write about our experience, but I have so much to do and will fill you in asap!

Yes, we MUST get together when Sibel and Muhammet are together. We are waiting with you Sibel!

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Thanks Erika--I hope this is sooner rather than later.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Congratulations awaterlily on your husband's naturalization! :star:

Congratulations ErikaAndHamit on your wedding & US arrival! :thumbs:

No news here... Okan is still looking for work, but it has been tough. There's a gathering of Turkish people happening up in San Francisco this week, so he's going to go and try to network with people who have been living here for a long time. He's feeling positive about it and I'm happy he can go meet people, since we've been kind of on our own since moving to CA. I've been feeling down about it lately, mostly because I feel bad for moving back to the US at the absolute WORST time. We both had good jobs in Turkey, but I really believe(d?) things would be better here. Okan's feeling bad about not working, but I know something will work out soon. I have to sometimes take a step back and think about all the crazy things we did in the past year (got married, went through the visa process, quit jobs, left Istanbul, lived with his family, flew to US, lived with my family, got a job in CA, moved to CA!) -- it was a lot! I just want everything to be OK for him and I don't know what else I can do to help him look for work. :unsure: Just trying to stay positive!

All is well though... hope you're all having a nice week!

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Quick question: how would you all rate the Ankara embassy, its services, etc?

I was married in Turkey and before I could do so, I had to file an Affidavit to Marry at the embassy. I dealt with a Ms. Kim who was really nice. I happened to have lost my passport the day I went and they reissued me another one within 2 days. I managed to get everything together re my paperwork and got married a week later in Ankara. My husband is Syrian and I am American, however. I am guessing that just because we got married in Turkey, the interview would be there...am I correct in my ruminations? Also, would they be ok with me being there when he gets the interview (hopefully sometime soon?!)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hey all - just want to share that my husband had his Naturalization interview and Oath ceremeony earlier today.

He's now an American citizen!!!

I'm sooooooo freakin' happy we are DONE with immigration! :star:

That's great news awaterlily, Congratulations to you and your husband and Best Wishes to you both!!! :star::star::star:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

wonderful! and how exciting getting the place and just BEING together! I can't wait to hear about your experience!

Congrats :star:

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Thank you to all for the congrats. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that this VJ is really and truely OVER. Having spent years living in a VJ and now, in a day, in a matter of hours, we're finished.

Our celebration will be shredding all of the files of GC documents this weekend. *YAY* :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If someone can help us out with a question, we would really appreciate it!!

If you have 2 stops when entering the US before your final destination.....once you get to your second stop, are you allowed to leave the airport and then return when it's time for your flight to leave? Necmi has a very long layover on his second stop and would be nice to get some sleep at a hotel instead of waiting at the airport.

Thank you in advance!

Timeline

If you have 2 stops when entering the US before your final destination.....once you get to your second stop, are you allowed to leave the airport and then return when it's time for your flight to leave? Necmi has a very long layover on his second stop and would be nice to get some sleep at a hotel instead of waiting at the airport.

Thank you in advance!

I wouldn't think it would be a problem at the second stop, as he'll go thru immigration at the first stop (assuming both stops are within the US). After that, he should be able to come and go as he pleases.

Hope that helps...

Tanya

wonderful! and how exciting getting the place and just BEING together! I can't wait to hear about your experience!

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Thank you to all for the congrats. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that this VJ is really and truely OVER. Having spent years living in a VJ and now, in a day, in a matter of hours, we're finished.

Our celebration will be shredding all of the files of GC documents this weekend. *YAY* :dance:

Congratulations Awaterlily! That must be a *wonderful* feeling!! :star:

Tanya

Edited by tanyakaraman

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Congrats you two lovebirds!! And I know you must be crazy busy, but pls update us soon! I for one am dying to hear about your trip (& wedding!) !! :whistle:

(L)

Tanya

PS: Wendy, just another week & a half!!! :dance:

Edited by tanyakaraman

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

Thank you in advance!

I wouldn't think it would be a problem at the second stop, as he'll go thru immigration at the first stop (assuming both stops are within the US). After that, he should be able to come and go as he pleases.

Hope that helps...

Tanya

Yes, thank you! We were thinking the same thing, but just wanted a second opinion! Thanks again!

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Tanya

Timeline

Thank you in advance!

Hope that helps...

Tanya

Yes, thank you! We were thinking the same thing, but just wanted a second opinion! Thanks again!

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Tanya

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
My husband is Syrian and I am American, however. I am guessing that just because we got married in Turkey, the interview would be there...am I correct in my ruminations? Also, would they be ok with me being there when he gets the interview (hopefully sometime soon?!)

Oh, you're here. It doesn't really matter that you married in Turkey. His interview will be wherever he has residency. If you both move to Turkey then yes, the interview will be in Ankara. If he stays in Syria then that is where he will interview. For DCF you are both supposed to have residency in the country from which you apply. Also, you are supposed to have held residency in that country for 6 months before you apply for DCF.

Congrats awaterlily!

How's everyone?

Congrats you two lovebirds!! And I know you must be crazy busy, but pls update us soon! I for one am dying to hear about your trip (& wedding!) !! :whistle:

(L)

Tanya

PS: Wendy, just another week & a half!!! :dance:

Hi Tanya! Yes, I can't believe it and I still have so much to do! I am really excited about seeing him! It has been 16 months since we last saw each other! Funny thing is, he probably thinks I lost weight. Won't he be surprised!!

I talked to him today and he was shopping with his sister and he asked me my ring size. I told him the U.S. size, but I don't know the Turkish equivalent.

How are you feeling?

Hugs,

Wendy (and Yilmaz)

Edited by wendya

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
My husband is Syrian and I am American, however. I am guessing that just because we got married in Turkey, the interview would be there...am I correct in my ruminations? Also, would they be ok with me being there when he gets the interview (hopefully sometime soon?!)

hi again :)

well, i am wondering which embassy would be the safer bet to get through...he is actually in talks with someone to get a job there and hopefully it works out, turkey is a lot easier for both of us to deal with. i am getting turkish citizenship via my mom and that works a bit for us as well. but i hope as well that we can request that it be in turkey if anything...syrian ok is ok i guess too.

Oh, you're here. It doesn't really matter that you married in Turkey. His interview will be wherever he has residency. If you both move to Turkey then yes, the interview will be in Ankara. If he stays in Syria then that is where he will interview. For DCF you are both supposed to have residency in the country from which you apply. Also, you are supposed to have held residency in that country for 6 months before you apply for DCF.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.