Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hello again everyone!

Still no visa, but İ called Ankara and they printed it on Monday-so maybe tomorrrow. Anyhow, we fly out to Ankara on the 28th staying overnight and flying into Belgium and then Chicago and then finally Tucson on the 29th!

We spent the whole day driving around Batman yesterday so İ could get a break from the billions of guests. We went to Hansankeyf, but İ didn't want to get out of the car because I stick out like a sore thumb here :lol: İ cannot get used to the staring.....grrrrrr :help::wow::blink::unsure::no::ranting:

İ am taking pıcs for everyone and videos for you all. I have a horrid cough and am tired so it is making my beıng gracious as of late difficult, but İ am holding up allright.

Tanya they do not have Albuterol here and İ have been so desperate that İ am taking anything and everything from the eczane....including delıcious mucomyst :dead: İ need to get back to the US so İ can breathe again.....sigh

We are now sitting around waiting for me to have more energy and of course later it will be round 1001 of guests to be cheery for. İ feel like a b*tch, but İ am exhausted. I do love them however-İ am just spent.....trying to remember Turkish and getting mixed up with Spanish and...... :lol:

OK İ am going to go-just wanted to update you all and keep my mınd off of coughing.

Erika

Oh my...well I hope you get it in time! I'm sure you will and everything will be ok so try not to stress about it!

:lol: I do the same thing with getting my Turkish and Spanish words mixed up....especially if I'm trying to say something in Turkish and I don't know the Turkish word but I know the Spanish word, I just want to stick it in there, as if it will somehow make sense :P

Interestingly, I had a Turkish patient in the hospital the past couple nights. She is from Giresun (there is a somewhat large Turkish population in myarea apparently all from Giresun) and spoke no English, so I had a good time speaking with her (well trying to! :)) and brushing up on some words. Ozzy helped me put together a list of translated questions for the nursing staff (basic stuff like "do you have any pain?" and "do you need to use the bathroom?") so they can communicate with her. I still screw up my verbs though...at one point I wanted to ask her if she needed to use the bathroom, and realized that I had actually asked her if I needed to use the bathrooom :bonk: Like she's supposed to know that... :blush: She was very sweet though & I'm going to miss her....we kinda bonded :)

Anyways, Erika, I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit and have a safe trip home!!!

Edited by tanyakaraman

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

Oh, and Erika, I forgot to say, I hope your cough gets better!!

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone! Just a quick update. My husband received his interview date: June 10. I emailed the embassy requesting it be moved up, as I could see other available dates on the site's schedule. They have clearly questioned my intelligence by giving me multiple BS explanations as to why they won't change our date. Very frustrating. These next 78 days (no, I'm not counting.. :P) will probably be the worst of our waiting. Ughhh

congratulations BayanAltun on your interview date!!

Hi Erika! I am sorry to hear about your cough! Soon you will be home and have the medicine you need!

I am sure Hamit will get his visa tomorrow. Yilmaz got his today! He jokingly said he was buying his airline ticket for tomorrow! I am glad he is joking, because I have much cleaning and preparing to do for the Kings arrival!!!

Safe trip home Erika!!!

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories :)

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Tanya - I do the same thing with Spanish and Turkish. I studied Spanish for 7 years, and I find myself mixing the two languages in my head...whatever word comes to me first! There are actually some Spanish and Turkish words that are similar, like Mesa and Masa (Table) and Bano / Banyo (Bathroom). That always makes it easier for me to remember the Turkish word.

BayanAltun - Congrats on the interview date! I know it is a long wait, but it will come soon enough. Use the next two months to get ready for his arrival!

Wendy - Congrats to you and Yilmaz on receiving his visa! Now it really is official. I had so much to do before Onur got here...shopping, cleaning, etc. I wanted everything to be perfect! Of course it only stayed that way for the first week or so :whistle:

We adopted our first baby a few days ago...a rescue dog! We think she is a bulldog/boxer mix. She is about a year old and is a huge sweetie. We named her Nazar :) Now we are one big happy family: me, Onur, our cat and our dog...and the cat and dog are already getting along!

Edited by JULIAFERNO

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Tanya - I do the same thing with Spanish and Turkish. I studied Spanish for 7 years, and I find myself mixing the two languages in my head...whatever word comes to me first! There are actually some Spanish and Turkish words that are similar, like Mesa and Masa (Table) and Bano / Banyo (Bathroom). That always makes it easier for me to remember the Turkish word.

BayanAltun - Congrats on the interview date! I know it is a long wait, but it will come soon enough. Use the next two months to get ready for his arrival!

Wendy - Congrats to you and Yilmaz on receiving his visa! Now it really is official. I had so much to do before Onur got here...shopping, cleaning, etc. I wanted everything to be perfect! Of course it only stayed that way for the first week or so :whistle:

We adopted our first baby a few days ago...a rescue dog! We think she is a bulldog/boxer mix. She is about a year old and is a huge sweetie. We named her Nazar :) Now we are one big happy family: me, Onur, our cat and our dog...and the cat and dog are already getting along!

Congratulations on your addition to your family!! Many happy years!

I know what you mean about wanting everything perfect! I have been writting myself notes of things to get and do! I also wanted him to wait until May, because I can't take off work this month and I want him to arrive on a Friday, and I will pick him up at the JFK airport. JKF is about 2 1/2 hours away from me (and that is with good traffic) so add another hour. I am going to book a hotel by the airport and take their shuttle over and then we will take it back and stay overnight and drive back the next day. I was a little worried about actually driving into JFK airport and finding parking and the right terminal. This way the shuttle can drop me off at the right location and pick us up. At least this is the plan.

Best wishes :)

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

Timeline

Congratulations on your addition to your family!! Many happy years!

I know what you mean about wanting everything perfect! I have been writting myself notes of things to get and do! I also wanted him to wait until May, because I can't take off work this month and I want him to arrive on a Friday, and I will pick him up at the JFK airport. JKF is about 2 1/2 hours away from me (and that is with good traffic) so add another hour. I am going to book a hotel by the airport and take their shuttle over and then we will take it back and stay overnight and drive back the next day. I was a little worried about actually driving into JFK airport and finding parking and the right terminal. This way the shuttle can drop me off at the right location and pick us up. At least this is the plan.

Best wishes :)

Sounds like you have a good plan, Wendy! Sometimes I think it may have been better if Onur didn't come until May when I graduate, but at the same time I don't think we would have been happy waiting even longer. I'm busy and stressed a lot right now, but he is understanding and we are making it work. I have become even better at time management and getting as much done at work and school as I can so when I come home we can hang out or go do something. The key is finding things for them to do while we are away!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Hello again everyone!

According to UPS the visa is here in Batman today...so maybe today we will have it. Wendy and everyone: you know that big, yellow packet you have to give at the POE? Does that come with the visa or?

That is funny Tanya about your Turkish patient....I once told one of my Spanish patients that İ was goıng to put a suppository ın her a**hole-literally..... :lol: and she was a doctor in Mexico. Thank God she had a great sense of humor.

Anywho....sounds like wendy has a plan and a half...me on the other hand am going to have to wing it once we get to the US as İ barely had enoough time to prepare to come to Turkey forget about later...lol

So what happened to your nursing instructor Tanya? And your baby? Did it ever get poked in the head? :lol:

OK...tata for now

Erika

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Great to hear that you got the visa!!! Congrats!! Yes they sent you a big yellow envelope with the passport.. NEVER open it!!! The envelope has Hamit's papers that he sent to the embassy..Hamit will give the envelope to the officer at POE.. They are going to send the envelope to USCIS.. Then the officer will take his finger print and picture and attach the I-94 Form that Hamit will fill out in the plane.. That is it!! :)

Have a safe flight!

Filiz

Hello again everyone!

According to UPS the visa is here in Batman today...so maybe today we will have it. Wendy and everyone: you know that big, yellow packet you have to give at the POE? Does that come with the visa or?

That is funny Tanya about your Turkish patient....I once told one of my Spanish patients that İ was goıng to put a suppository ın her a**hole-literally..... :lol: and she was a doctor in Mexico. Thank God she had a great sense of humor.

Anywho....sounds like wendy has a plan and a half...me on the other hand am going to have to wing it once we get to the US as İ barely had enoough time to prepare to come to Turkey forget about later...lol

So what happened to your nursing instructor Tanya? And your baby? Did it ever get poked in the head? :lol:

OK...tata for now

Erika

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Timeline

Erika & Hamit...congrats on receiving the visa!! Now you can relax (& enjoy alllll those guests!!) and get ready for the long journey home. Have a safe trip!!

Wendy, congrats as well!! Your plan sounds perfect (practical and kind of romantic actually!) & I'm sure Yilmaz will appreciate the chance to relax in a nice hotel after his long plane ride!

Julia & Onur, congratulations on the arrival of your newest family member...that's so sweet :)

BayunAltun...congratulations on receiving your interview date!! I know it seems like a long time away but it'll come :)

Gosh, so many congratulations today!! :star:

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Thanks Tanya!!! But the best laid plans...... These may change yet again!!

Erika and Hamit, Yeah!!! Now you don't have to worry and can hopefully get some rest on the plane ride home!!

Take care, safe trip!!

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

Thanks Tanya!!! But the best laid plans...... These may change yet again!!

Erika and Hamit, Yeah!!! Now you don't have to worry and can hopefully get some rest on the plane ride home!!

Take care, safe trip!!

So when is Yılmaz arriving exactly? And a hotel first? wowww nice-you two deserve it and have waited too long.

So how is America treating you Filiz? Are you going to have babies soon? (I know I am so nosy) :lol:

This damned cough is never going to get better with all the smoking I am around :blink: İ would have enjoyed my stay more if not for this cough and we won't be back for at least a year. When do you all plan on coming back to Turkey? (minus Tanya bcz she is already coming) :yes:

Today is our last day here so it will be a guest EXTRAVAGANZA today :wow::lol: We leave around 9am tomorrow to Ankara.

Congrats on your interview BayanAltun-thank Obama for the late date :lol: I am going to Amerıca and he will be coming to Turkey. How funny. There is Im sure a huge backlog bcz of all the cancelled appointments so be patient and use this time to overprepare. My advice is to think like a CO and what questions would you ask ıf you were the consular officer and prepare accordıngly if you have any weak areas.

The ezan has begun again....nice

OK I will write a full story of course later.

Lots of love

Erika

PS-Sıbel you may be last in waiting, but never least-everyone keep praying for Sibel! (L)

and pardon for my sorry use of the Turkish keyboard :bonk::lol:

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Congrats Erika!

As soon as Sibel's Muhammet gets his visa we'll have to start planning our meet-up :)

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
This damned cough is never going to get better with all the smoking I am around :blink:

OMG I so know what you mean! All the indoor smoking is the *one and only* thing I really can't stand about being in Turkey. Does Hamit smoke? How about everyone else's SO? Ozzy smoked like a chimney before (and for awhile after) he got here and saw nothing wrong with doing it indoors, in bed, or in front of me or the kids...and my lease at the time specifically prohibited smoking in the house. The moment he was added to my health insurance, I got him to the Dr. and got him a prescription for Chantix...worked like a charm, but he starts up again every time we go back to Turkey for a visit...grrrr. All that peer pressure I guess... <_<

Actually I'm pretty sure he sneaks one or a couple here when I'm not around too....but as long as it's not wafting in my face, I don't complain...much. :innocent:

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.