Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

It is 1130 at night here in Arizona. My flight leaves at 5am and I have a layover in Dallas for 6 hours and another layover in Frankfurt for 6 hours! Not the most efficient flight, but my other choice was 1 hour between connections...nice huh? We may see Yilmaz, but my voice is near gone....sucks....and I am going to be beyond myself with anxiety...pray for us and of course Wendy and Yilmaz too!

If all goes well, I will let you all know within days. I have so much to do tonight. I am near finished packing and I don't think I will be going to sleep as I slept all day. I will be in Ankara at 6:25pm Tuesday!

I'm praying all goes well. Love you guys! Have a wonderful 2 weeks until I return!

Erika

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oooh, 6 whole hours in our favorite airport (Frankfurt)? You lucky girl you!! :P

Well this past week has been beyond surreal in my world. I had an exam at school last Thursday and showed up to take it, only to learn that one of my nursing instructors had been murdered the night before. Absolutely horrible. Then I went for my 1st trimester screening ultrasound on Friday...everything looked excellent with the bebek and my spirits were lifted from my horror and depression regarding my instructor, but now I am receiving calls from the Dr's office telling me that they need to reschedule my amnio for this Friday. AMNIO?!? I was never scheduled for an amnio, nor do I need or want one....and it kinda scares me to think that had I actually had an appointment there for this Friday, somebody would have walked into my exam room with a huge needle in their hand, intent on puncturing my belly with it! Scary, scary world I tell you....

I will be soo beyond happy when this semester is over and I can put all this craziness behind me and start baby planning and looking forward to soaking my toes in the Marmara for a couple weeks this June!!

I need a break! :dead:

Tanya

Hi everybody!

It is 1130 at night here in Arizona. My flight leaves at 5am and I have a layover in Dallas for 6 hours and another layover in Frankfurt for 6 hours! Not the most efficient flight, but my other choice was 1 hour between connections...nice huh? We may see Yilmaz, but my voice is near gone....sucks....and I am going to be beyond myself with anxiety...pray for us and of course Wendy and Yilmaz too!

If all goes well, I will let you all know within days. I have so much to do tonight. I am near finished packing and I don't think I will be going to sleep as I slept all day. I will be in Ankara at 6:25pm Tuesday!

I'm praying all goes well. Love you guys! Have a wonderful 2 weeks until I return!

Erika

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello all,

Finally I am having some time to write you. Erika yes I really lost myself in my dream i think lol

We live in Eastgreenbush, NY where close to Albany.. This is a nice and quiet are and luckly it is getting warmer here..usually it is very very cold.. I hate cold weather but I can worry about it next winter :) My husband and I traveled with Turkish Airlines on March 5th.. It was a very good and fun flight because of him :) the passport check point was very busy, mu hubby made it through in a few min..mine took longer..It was very easy..the officer only asked which visa i had..i said K-3..he asked the yellow envelope that the embassy had sent me with my visa..and attached the I-94 to my passport that i filled out in the plane.. We waited 5 hours at JFK for Albany plane..got home very late on Thursday..all i remember my hubby was drugging me with the luggages..lol Friday i was like drunk! we went to see his friends on the weekend, because everybody has been waiting to meet me.. It was tiring but certainly fun! they all are very friendly.. I felt very special...

I was very busy with the house last week..Bacause my husband moved here recently there were some unpacked boxes..and of course i had to clean the house all over and washed everything in the house.. my husband`s face was puzzled when i was doing my 10th laundry on the same day lol

and I met his parents last weekend..they were just great! I felt very comfortable at the first moment we met..

now I need to apply for AOS.. some people toldm me i should hire a lawyer but I think I can do this myself! first i will research about which docs and forms i should send to the uscis.. If anynone here can help me on this i would appreciate!

Erika I wish the best of luck on your interview! Yes they told us americans can`t get in the embassy till 1 pm.. but i am sure if you insist they`ll let you in.. I am sure everything will be fine..if your fiance doesn`t have a common name i am sure there won`t be any AP.. I know you did all preperation.. but organize everything in a file because he`ll get excited during the interview when the officer asks something he can find easily.. they ask your love story because they want to see the emotion when you talk.. You are in my prayers~ insallah you`ll be back in the states together (L) also wendy.. I wish everything goes well with his interview// all my best wishes with you too..

I am giving my e-mail address please e-mail if any of you want to be in touch with me and I`ll give my phone number too... sibel you know my old e-mail but please email here from now on.. filizwright@yahoo.com I`ll talk to you soon..

I wish all best of luck who has been waiting to be reunited with their loved ones.. This is a very very hard time period, but it will be over eventually.. just a little more patience...

Herkese sevgiler (F)

Filiz

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Hello all,

Finally I am having some time to write you. Erika yes I really lost myself in my dream i think lol

We live in Eastgreenbush, NY where close to Albany.. This is a nice and quiet are and luckly it is getting warmer here..usually it is very very cold.. I hate cold weather but I can worry about it next winter :) My husband and I traveled with Turkish Airlines on March 5th.. It was a very good and fun flight because of him :) the passport check point was very busy, mu hubby made it through in a few min..mine took longer..It was very easy..the officer only asked which visa i had..i said K-3..he asked the yellow envelope that the embassy had sent me with my visa..and attached the I-94 to my passport that i filled out in the plane.. We waited 5 hours at JFK for Albany plane..got home very late on Thursday..all i remember my hubby was drugging me with the luggages..lol Friday i was like drunk! we went to see his friends on the weekend, because everybody has been waiting to meet me.. It was tiring but certainly fun! they all are very friendly.. I felt very special...

I was very busy with the house last week..Bacause my husband moved here recently there were some unpacked boxes..and of course i had to clean the house all over and washed everything in the house.. my husband`s face was puzzled when i was doing my 10th laundry on the same day lol

and I met his parents last weekend..they were just great! I felt very comfortable at the first moment we met..

now I need to apply for AOS.. some people toldm me i should hire a lawyer but I think I can do this myself! first i will research about which docs and forms i should send to the uscis.. If anynone here can help me on this i would appreciate!

Erika I wish the best of luck on your interview! Yes they told us americans can`t get in the embassy till 1 pm.. but i am sure if you insist they`ll let you in.. I am sure everything will be fine..if your fiance doesn`t have a common name i am sure there won`t be any AP.. I know you did all preperation.. but organize everything in a file because he`ll get excited during the interview when the officer asks something he can find easily.. they ask your love story because they want to see the emotion when you talk.. You are in my prayers~ insallah you`ll be back in the states together (L) also wendy.. I wish everything goes well with his interview// all my best wishes with you too..

I am giving my e-mail address please e-mail if any of you want to be in touch with me and I`ll give my phone number too... sibel you know my old e-mail but please email here from now on.. filizwright@yahoo.com I`ll talk to you soon..

I wish all best of luck who has been waiting to be reunited with their loved ones.. This is a very very hard time period, but it will be over eventually.. just a little more patience...

Herkese sevgiler (F)

Filiz

Thank you so much Filiz! One more day and we should have our answer! Fingers crossed and many prayers!

Again, Welcome Home!!

Thanks for your posting your e-mail. Here is mine:

oceanviews84@yahoo.com

Edited by wendya

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Oooh, 6 whole hours in our favorite airport (Frankfurt)? You lucky girl you!! :P

Well this past week has been beyond surreal in my world. I had an exam at school last Thursday and showed up to take it, only to learn that one of my nursing instructors had been murdered the night before. Absolutely horrible. Then I went for my 1st trimester screening ultrasound on Friday...everything looked excellent with the bebek and my spirits were lifted from my horror and depression regarding my instructor, but now I am receiving calls from the Dr's office telling me that they need to reschedule my amnio for this Friday. AMNIO?!? I was never scheduled for an amnio, nor do I need or want one....and it kinda scares me to think that had I actually had an appointment there for this Friday, somebody would have walked into my exam room with a huge needle in their hand, intent on puncturing my belly with it! Scary, scary world I tell you....

I will be soo beyond happy when this semester is over and I can put all this craziness behind me and start baby planning and looking forward to soaking my toes in the Marmara for a couple weeks this June!!

Tanya

Hi everybody!

Erika

Oh my Gosh Tanya, that is so shocking about your instructor!! Was it a random killing? How terrible!

I am glad that your doctor's visit went well, but it is weird how they are calling you now for something you did not schedule. Will you still get an amnio?

Your summer sounds like it will be so nice and relaxing (at least for 2 weeks). I miss Turkey (and of course Yilmaz).

I was just looking at prices, and of course they look like they have come down in price. I would have love to visit Turkey this summer (never went in the summer), but we won't be able to travel abroad, unless we get an advanced parole, but that probably won't be completed before summertime :(

Oh, well, first thing is first. We have to get through Wednesday :)

Hugs to all.

Wendy

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about your instructor. How tragic! Was it domestic or a random case?

I'm curious about your amnio, it's not a standard so if you don't mind that I ask - Is it your age?

I ask b/c I was pregnant with our little one over the age of 35 and had to have special blood testing, genetic counseling, an ultrasound (around 16-20 weeks pregnant) to rule out Downs and Trisomy. Then they wanted to do an amnio for the final clearance. DH and I knew for weeks about this additional process for older parents and decided that if all else looked good, we'd skip the amnio. We skipped b/c we had read up & learned their is a very small risk that it could potentially induce very early labor/delivery. Since all our tests came back ok, we refused the amnio.

Our daughter is okay.

Tanya

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts about my instructor...its still under investigation but they're preliminarily calling it a murder-suicide by her husband (he was found alive at the scene but was gravely injured and died later at the hospital). She had 3 children too, one of whom was still in high school. Very sad for them especially to lose both parents in such a terrible way.

As for the amnio, noooo I'm not getting one! I think they just scheduled a different patient's procedure under my name, but still scary to think they would have done it to me had I been there on the scheduled day for something else! Yes, its because of my age....I'm 38...so I went for genetic counseling & a screening ultrasound with a finger stick, etc. on Friday. I don't have the finger stick results back yet, but everything on the screening ultrasound looked great (they measured the fluid at the back of the baby's neck as well as the nasal bone; apparently abnormal measurements of either would be suspicious for Down's or another trisomy, but both were perfectly normal). I'll also get a level 2 ultrasound in a month or so to look for problems. Like you, Awaterlily, I wouldn't go for any invasive testing unless there were a lot of suspicion that something was drastically wrong.

Well, fingers crossed for Erika & Hamit and Wendy & Yilmaz!! Tomorrow's the big day for the 4 of you!! (Hope Erika's not too exhausted to make it to the embassy after her airport marathon!!)

Wendy -- yes, you'd love Turkey in the summertime! Maybe next summer for you two, after AOS and all that fun stuff ~ Inshallah!!

Filiz, so happy to hear you had a safe (if long!) journey and are enjoying life with your husband!!

Best wishes everyone!

Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Tanya - so sorry to hear about your instructor. That's absolutely tragic. :(

Filiz - sounds like your first days in the US have gone well!

Erika & Wendy - good luck!!!!! Keep us posted!

Things are going OK here. It has been 4 1/2 months since we arrived in the US and about 2 since we moved to our own apartment in CA. I've been working for a month, but Okan has been struggling to find work. It has been incredibly difficult and frustrating, but we're both trying to stay positive. They say that the unemployment rate here in the Bay Area is 10% or more, so jobs are not easy to find.

The silver lining is... I passed his resume on to my HR department and there's a temporary IT position that might be a good fit. The recruiter called him immediately and I think they're going to set up an interview! It would just be wonderful if we both found good jobs... and at the same company!? We'll be doing vastly different things, but at least we could be green and carpool. :)

Not much else to report from here... I think I'm missing Turkey more than Okan is, or at least that what he tells me! I'm happy to be working but I find myself just planning our next trip back, not sure when, but perhaps XMAS. I'd love to go in the summer, but after melting for 3 months in Marmaris last summer, I don't know if I can do that again!

Anyway, hope you're all well and having a nice week. Kendine iyi bak!

-cami

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

Tanya - so sorry to hear about your instructor. That's absolutely tragic. :(

Filiz - sounds like your first days in the US have gone well!

Erika & Wendy - good luck!!!!! Keep us posted!

Things are going OK here. It has been 4 1/2 months since we arrived in the US and about 2 since we moved to our own apartment in CA. I've been working for a month, but Okan has been struggling to find work. It has been incredibly difficult and frustrating, but we're both trying to stay positive. They say that the unemployment rate here in the Bay Area is 10% or more, so jobs are not easy to find.

The silver lining is... I passed his resume on to my HR department and there's a temporary IT position that might be a good fit. The recruiter called him immediately and I think they're going to set up an interview! It would just be wonderful if we both found good jobs... and at the same company!? We'll be doing vastly different things, but at least we could be green and carpool. :)

Not much else to report from here... I think I'm missing Turkey more than Okan is, or at least that what he tells me! I'm happy to be working but I find myself just planning our next trip back, not sure when, but perhaps XMAS. I'd love to go in the summer, but after melting for 3 months in Marmaris last summer, I don't know if I can do that again!

Anyway, hope you're all well and having a nice week. Kendine iyi bak!

-cami

Thanks Cami and Tanya!! I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight!!

Cami, that is wonderful news about the perspective job for Okan!! I hope that works out!!

Take care everyone!! I am off to try to get some sleep :)

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Yilmaz and he has received his visa to come to the U.S.!!!!

Finally, this leg of the journey is over. I know we have more ahead, but at least he will be here!!

I hope Erika and Hamit have wonderful news to post too!!!

Thanks for all your continued support!!! It really means a lot!! :)

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yay Wendy! I'm so happy for you guys!! Let us know when he's coming...I'm sure you will!

There has been so much good news around here lately...I hope it keeps coming!

(L)

Tanya

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Yilmaz and he has received his visa to come to the U.S.!!!!

Finally, this leg of the journey is over. I know we have more ahead, but at least he will be here!!

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Tebrikler Wendy!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's great news to wake up to! :)

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:

This wonderful news made me happy in the morning! Congrats!!!! You two must be very excited.. Today is your day..Enjoy it :) The important thing to be together..the rest will be piece of cake i am sure.. wishing to get another great news from Erika..fingers crossed..

cami i hope your hubby get the job..wish you the best!

p.s..Sibel where are you?????????????

Filiz

Hi Everyone,

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

HOOOOOOORAY!!! COK TEBRIKLER Wendy and Yilmaz! That is fantastic news! :dance:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Thank you guys so much!!! It really is so sweet and comforting to have your support and good wishes.

iyi aksamlar herkes!!! :)

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.