Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oh no! I sure hope Seyhan recovers quickly and completely. Prayers!!!

Happy 3rd Anniversary! Do you have any special plans to celebrate?

Seyhan and I are doing well, he did have to have surgery ..he tore his rotator cuff

and not back to work yet...

Just waiting right now for 10yr card...

April 15th will mark our 3rd wedding anniversary :luv::wub: ....where the heck did the time go?!!???

hugs to all :luv:

Betty

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Greetings All!!

I am not on the computer much...been a while since I was on here..

Just wanted to let you know of a great new Turkish calling card company I found.

TurkNA Istanbul is only 2.9 cents!!!! :thumbs:

http://www.turknorthamerica.com/

Seyhan and I are doing well, he did have to have surgery ..he tore his rotator cuff

April 15th will mark our 3rd wedding anniversary :luv::wub:....where the heck did the time go?!!???

Betty

Hi Betty!!!

Long time we don't see you, miss seeing you on the forum.

So sorry to hear about Seyhan's surgery, hope he recovers soon :(

Yes how times flies, Congratulations on your coming 3rd Wedding Anniversary! (F) (F) (F)

Hope you can come back soon and let us know how everything else is going with you

:whistle:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline
Hang in there, Mina. Every day that passes is one day closer to your reunion. (F) We're all here for you!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello/merhaba to everyone here and hope that someone in our Turkish group will soon have some great news to share with us about their visa approval :star: I have been on VJ the last few days reading about others getting their visas approved and hoping that someone in our group will have the same news, let hope soon :)

Anyway I wish everyone many blessings and a great day,

Mina (F)

Thank you so much awaterlily,

Yes I have been trying not to think too much about our temporary separation, but it's not easy when I come home from work and my husband is not here :cry:

But I have been passing my time with my family and friends, taking walks and also coming to VJ alot, it does help a bit :blush:

Thank GOD for emails, web cam and phone cards, otherwise I would be going crazy with not hearing anything from my husband :wacko:

Hope everyone else is doing well though, Blessings to all (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Greetings All!!

I am not on the computer much...been a while since I was on here..

Just wanted to let you know of a great new Turkish calling card company I found.

TurkNA Istanbul is only 2.9 cents!!!! :thumbs:

http://www.turknorthamerica.com/

April 15th will mark our 3rd wedding anniversary :luv::wub: ....where the heck did the time go?!!???

Betty

Thanks a lot for that link. My phone bills have been killing me and this is easier to use than most phone cards I've used because you don't have to use a PIN number to dial. Calling to Antalya is more than 2.9 cents, but it's less than half what I've been paying previously and with Helio I get free international texting.

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

Timeline

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the beginning of spring (atleast it's the beginning of spring here in Ohio...after a long and cold winter!)

I returned from Turkey this past week where I had an amazing time, only wish I could have stayed longer! Everyone said my Turkish is getting better - I really hope to be fluent...someday! I'll post some new pictures soon :)

I received a letter from NVC a few days ago stating that our file has been forwarded to Ankara - hooray! Onur has been working on preparing the documents he needs for packet 3. Does anyone know - is the affadavit of support sent in with Packet 3 or only brought to the interview?

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello!

Gorusuruz!

Julia

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the beginning of spring (atleast it's the beginning of spring here in Ohio...after a long and cold winter!)

I returned from Turkey this past week where I had an amazing time, only wish I could have stayed longer! Everyone said my Turkish is getting better - I really hope to be fluent...someday! I'll post some new pictures soon :)

I received a letter from NVC a few days ago stating that our file has been forwarded to Ankara - hooray! Onur has been working on preparing the documents he needs for packet 3. Does anyone know - is the affadavit of support sent in with Packet 3 or only brought to the interview?

Gorusuruz!

Julia

You'll definitely want to send the notarized Affadavit of Support in with packet 3, Julia.

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

Timeline

Gorusuruz!

Julia

You'll definitely want to send the notarized Affadavit of Support in with packet 3, Julia.

Ok, thank you.

Another question for everyone - I'm worried about being able to attend the interview with Onur. I've travelled to Turkey and back 3 times in the past year, and am starting graduate school this summer and not sure that financially I'll be able to make the trip (especially because ticket prices are sky-rocketing and we have to purchase a one-way ticket for Onur to come to the states when (if) he gets his visa).

What was everyone's experience with this - USC attending/not attending the interview? I would really like to attend, and hopefully I can find a way. Any thoughts? :unsure:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

I wish I could go to the interview too, but it's just not possible for me to miss more work and still come there afterwards to go to our wedding party and be with Handan for the long ride back to the US. Since you've been there so recently, evidence shouldn't be much of a problem for you I wouldn't think. I'm sure the interview will go well for your fiance whether you attend or not. Ticket prices are getting pretty high :(

Timeline

Gorusuruz!

Julia

Ok, thank you.

Another question for everyone - I'm worried about being able to attend the interview with Onur. I've travelled to Turkey and back 3 times in the past year, and am starting graduate school this summer and not sure that financially I'll be able to make the trip (especially because ticket prices are sky-rocketing and we have to purchase a one-way ticket for Onur to come to the states when (if) he gets his visa).

What was everyone's experience with this - USC attending/not attending the interview? I would really like to attend, and hopefully I can find a way. Any thoughts? :unsure:

I too would feel a lot better if I was able to attend our interview. My Husband just mailed out our packet 3 today. I hope it has everything. Is it the same as packet 3 for the K-1?? I have so many questions so many thoughts swirling around in my head.. I hope we get an interview soon. Hey that is another thing. Does the NVC or the consulate schedule the interviews?? Am I wasting my time hopeing for a May interview date??? I am a ball of nerves!!!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEW SOON JULIA!!!!

Edited by Merk

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Timeline

For the I-130, NVC sets up the date based on the list of available interview dates at Ankara. Keep checking the automated message at the NVC 800#.

GL!

Don't worry about not being there. There are plenty of spouses who didn't/don't attend - I am one, too.

Does the NVC or the consulate schedule the interviews?? Am I wasting my time hopeing for a May interview date??? I am a ball of nerves!

Timeline
WE GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS FOR THE 30TH OF APRIL!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Timeline
WE GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS FOR THE 30TH OF APRIL!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Awesome, congrats!!! :dance:

GOOD LUCK!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

Hooray! I just talked to Onur and he received Packet 3 today! We're almost done collecting and preparing all of the documents needed, so hopefully we'll be able to send it back in the next 2 weeks. :dance:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
Hooray! I just talked to Onur and he received Packet 3 today! We're almost done collecting and preparing all of the documents needed, so hopefully we'll be able to send it back in the next 2 weeks. :dance:

Nice Julia,

You're half way there in your process, Good Luck on getting the interview date soon after they receive you documents! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.