Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Everybody.....

Hope you are all doing well...I don't get to post much anymore.

Usually pop in on my lunchtime...

I know what you are all saying...

Seyhan misses home too....He misses Istanbul and all the culture, food, mosques...etc.

Thank God for www.Tulumba.com !!!

We buy Sujuk, soups, baklava (for me...lol) Turkish tea...all kinds of stuff.

He has bought a lot of books, music...it helps him when he misses home.

He has adjusted pretty well..but he has a real problem with non-married people

having kids...(he says in Turkey they would be shot...? :o:o ) He thinks it is

appalling the way some people live. The young generation has no respect. Too

much freedom and money. I must say, I have to agree with him on that one!

We still have heard nothing on our AOS....

take care all!!

Hugs,

Betty :luv:

05/02/06 AOS Approved

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Betty (F)

Great to hear everything is going well for you guys :D Please let us know when AOS comes thru for ya...it has been toooo long! :( Best regards to you and Seyhan

(F) Mina (F)

How did the interview go???

**update**

John received his corrected Green Card in the mail the other day...so we are now finished for awhile with immigration...Thank God.!!

Take care everyone,

Peace to All,

Debra

Timeline

HOLY COW......we finally got a letter from USCIS....appointment letter for the AOS interview!!!

We have a date for May 2nd....only took 11 months.......lol :blink::clock:

They never updated the online status.... :whistle:

This is good news.........I just hope things go smoothly...... :innocent:

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

05/02/06 AOS Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations Debra&John for the green card!

Congratulations Betty&Seyhan for the new development with USCIS!

:)

I received interim EAD and waiting for the original one. I recently got my SSN with the note 'valid for work only with DHS approval'. I thank Allah (God) for everything. Although I still do not have a status I feel grateful.

Have a nice weekend you all :)

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Am I the only American man marrying a Turkish girl on these forums? :P

Don't want to rain on your parade, but.............nope. :whistle:

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Timeline

Thanks guys :)

Congrats on the SS card Ahmet :D Have you received the "real card yet"? How is Justine? please tell her hello for me :)

Does anyone know if a new SS card is needed after one gets the Green card? So that the 'valid for work only with DHS approval' comes off??

Nope Greenmind your not the only one :)(F)

Congrats Betty for the Great news...about time! Thank God!

Thinking about you Mina :)

awaterlily....SOlcayto.....you must be busy :)

Wishing everyone all the best... (F)

Peace to All,

Debra

Any News? How is everyone doing? Adjusting? working? missing home? turkish food? anything...? :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Debra&John,

Thank you. I received the SSC the same day I got the SSN at their office. (It was in the mailbox and I discovered that when I came home from SS office.

Justine is fine.She is at work now. She also attends university. So she is real busy. I will tell her you said 'hello'. :)

I think I will start working next week. Not a well paying job but it is going to be my first here.

I received an e-mail yesterday. It said they came accross with my resume on monster and offered me a translation job that pays 145,000 dollars a year with many benefits. I was excited to read that and today I called them and found out that the job is going to be in a US Military base in Iraq. That is why they were going to pay that much. That made me change my mind. :innocent:

But the money was goooood! :yes:

As for SSC ... I am pretty sure you can go to an SSA office and show them the permanent resident card and they will send John's SSC in a week.

I keep getting packages from my sister in Turkey. CDs, DVDs, Turkish movies and music etc. I got one a few days ago and that made me happy. 'Maskeli Besler' for example...it is a silly but equally funny movie..for kids too. I watched Kurtlar Vadisi-Iraq last month.

And we found a Greek store here that sells various Turkish food items. Now I can have White Cheese (NOT feta! please). Oh, by the way...the thing that people call Gyro here is what we call Iskender and I like it a lot. Greeks have a habit of naming stuff that is not necessarily their own invention. Iskender is Alexander and I guess it is after Alexander the Great who is a Macedonian..not a Greek as Greeks claim him to be. I am writing these to 'provoke'the Greeks ;):innocent:

But honestly...they started calling Turkish Coffee 'Greek Coffee', Turkish Delight 'Greek Delight', Turkish Baklava 'Greek Baklava' etc etc. They got to love those because they had the privelege to live with Muslim Turks/Ottomans.

Anyway..have a pleasant week. It is nice and sunny outside.

:)

Edited by internetkafe

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone:

I haven't had much free time to be on VJ since my husband arrived. I'm sure some of you can relate. All is going well, however, busy. He's adjusting well.

He's eager to start working. We've been over to our local career office to get some information on their services.

We applied for a SS card at the local office and got the verbal and verification letter for the assigned # yesterday. The actual card should be in his hands within the next week. We rec'd the "welcome to America" letter. Immigration has issued the PR card and that, too, should be arriving any day now.

Today he's going to the dept. of motor vehicle office to get the info on obtaining a driver's license.

We hope he'll land a job in the next few weeks and the driver's license soon.

Hope all is going well for everyone. Be in touch.

~waterlily (F)

Timeline

^_^ Hi everyone

I guess I haven't been visiting our Turkish forums as much since I have been getting to know the other VJ'ers here and met with some lovely people from all over :) guess I just wanted to mingle a bit and get to know others and help them in any way I can.

So how is everyone doing???

As far as we are going with our AOS well our case is still pending so there is not much I can post on that yet, we just have to wait and see. Other then that my husband needed sooo much to visit his mother and has been Turkey now for 2 weeks already and of course this short-time separation is making us miss each other sooo terribly and at the same time rekindling our love even more. We are actually chatting online and calling each other as if we were again in the begining of our relationship :luv::luv::luv:

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of each other :goofy:

Mina (F)

P. S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BETTY AND SEYAHN!

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You are not alone, i am turkish and my husband is American:))

Am I the only American man marrying a Turkish girl on these forums? :P

I-130

04/18/2006 Sent I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

04/20/2006 NSC received it

05/04/2006 Our check has been cashed

05/06/2006 Received NOA1

08/21/2006 I-130 APPROVED (APPROVED IN 108 DAYS)

I-129F

05/11/2006 Sent I-129F to Chicago USCIS

05/13/2006 USCIS received it.

05/19/2006 Received NOA1

07/03/2006 Received IMBRA RFE

08/03/2006 RECEIVED NOA2 (APPROVED IN 76 DAYS)

08/16/2006 NVC forwarded case to embassy

11/15/2006 Interview/Approved/ Visa granted

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I ve just join regional forums by the help of Debra&John. We got married on 5th January and my husband went back US on 10th April.. We plan to apply for K-3 not to wait so long. If you share your experiences with us, we ll be happy.

I-130

04/18/2006 Sent I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

04/20/2006 NSC received it

05/04/2006 Our check has been cashed

05/06/2006 Received NOA1

08/21/2006 I-130 APPROVED (APPROVED IN 108 DAYS)

I-129F

05/11/2006 Sent I-129F to Chicago USCIS

05/13/2006 USCIS received it.

05/19/2006 Received NOA1

07/03/2006 Received IMBRA RFE

08/03/2006 RECEIVED NOA2 (APPROVED IN 76 DAYS)

08/16/2006 NVC forwarded case to embassy

11/15/2006 Interview/Approved/ Visa granted

Timeline
Hello everybody,

I ve just join regional forums by the help of Debra&John. We got married on 5th January and my husband went back US on 10th April.. We plan to apply for K-3 not to wait so long. If you share your experiences with us, we ll be happy.

Hi sgulsahs

Welcome :)

I'am Mina and I would like to first Congratulate you on your marriage and to welcome you to VJ. There are so many lovely people here starting with our Turkish group going through the Ankara Embassy and so many other wonderful people from other support forums as well. Let us know if you need any help or even IM me if you just need to talk.

Best Wishes and hope your visa process will be a smooth one.

P.S. Ohh yes Debra is a lovely and helpful person, she is what keeps this group going! :guides:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

:dance: hi everyone...just a quick note to say that Seyhan was approved for AOS today. :innocent:

We actually were in and out in about 1 hour. I was shocked....and we are happy it is over...

the officer seemed inexperienced and did everything by the

book...She asked to see a lot of stuff and asked a lot of questions..Somehow our marriage certificate was missing :huh: , thank God I had the extras.....but it went well.

She said he should get the greencard in 2-3 weeks... :D

Thanks to everyone for the support along this journey...

I will be in touch...

Take care and big HUGS!!!!

05/02/06 AOS Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.